British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Australia (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/)
-   -   £ Could Collapse in Weeks!! (https://britishexpats.com/forum/australia-54/%C2%A3-could-collapse-weeks-656785/)

Betty Boot Feb 26th 2010 5:37 am

Re: £ Could Collapse in Weeks!!

Originally Posted by concretepump (Post 8377638)
they might be in your area, but in south of uk they have gone up for second month running, and stock is getting low so that will help sell near to asking price

Yes, i am in the north west and they say on the news sales are down - as bluekipper says - because of the weather:frown: A lot more houses have come on the market so lets hope it starts the ball rolling:)

bluekipper Feb 26th 2010 6:10 am

Originally Posted by Betty Boot (Post 8377777)
Yes, i am in the north west and they say on the news sales are down - as bluekipper says - because of the weather:frown: A lot more houses have come on the market so lets hope it starts the ball rolling:)

Im also in the North west, I agree lets hope it gets going in the right direction soon!!!!

paulry Feb 26th 2010 6:37 am

Originally Posted by bobbarker12345 (Post 8377464)
panics make money. dont trade on exclamation points. dont make impulsive rash decisions.

Very wise words :thumbup:

Alfresco Feb 26th 2010 7:41 am

Originally Posted by Reading fan (Post 8377725)
Indeed - sold signs seem to be going up within a week at the moment around the south part of the uk.

We'll be testing the market (Surrey) by April.

DownUnderPaddy Feb 26th 2010 8:36 am

Originally Posted by hwilson (Post 8377051)
It's just b een announced that the UK recovery figures have been revised, frrom it's previous estimate of 0.1% to 0.3%, so it's not all bad news.

ah but.....
http://blogs.telegraph.co.uk/finance...-revised-down/

DownUnderPaddy Feb 26th 2010 8:42 am

Originally Posted by pomtastic (Post 8376664)
Jim Rogers, billionaire investor, is saying the GBP £ could collapse within weeks. :eek:

He denies making such comments...
http://www.citywire.co.uk/personal/-...aspx?ID=384682

He has highlighted the growing currency crisis for over a year now though.

DeadVim Feb 26th 2010 8:50 am

Originally Posted by pomtastic (Post 8376664)
Jim Rogers, billionaire investor, is saying the GBP £ could collapse within weeks. :eek:

Perhaps is already short GBP and wants to see it lower? Who knows but in a few weeks or so we'll finally see.

http://www.pressdispensary.co.uk/rel...Jim-Rogers.php

Did he predict the GFC?

If not then you might as well believe Roy Rogers.

Financial experts, ha!

Betty Boot Feb 26th 2010 9:16 pm

Originally Posted by bluekipper (Post 8377819)
Im also in the North west, I agree lets hope it gets going in the right direction soon!!!!

Well there's plenty going up for sale with reasonable asking prices, whether they achieve that price is another matter! We're going to put ours up in April - when in theory the weather should be better and the garden more presentable;) Where abouts in north west are you bluekipper?

Wol Feb 26th 2010 9:55 pm

I would be very wary of making predictions at the moment. We are in uncharted territory.

There are a scary number of financial "stress lines" all over the world - including Australia: huge debts by individuals and countries, breakneck printing of money - which is devaluing currencies as we speak, artificially anomalous interest rates which can't continue yet can't be moved for political reasons to name a few.

If it was just one country a dozen economists could probably come up with just eight or nine projections, but I think the whole global economy is so intertwined and fragile that a dozen economists no would come up with thirteen answers - all of which would be wrong.

:fingerscrossed::thumbdown::fingerscrossed::thumbd own::fingerscrossed::thumbdown:

bluekipper Feb 27th 2010 1:00 am

Originally Posted by Betty Boot (Post 8379178)
Well there's plenty going up for sale with reasonable asking prices, whether they achieve that price is another matter! We're going to put ours up in April - when in theory the weather should be better and the garden more presentable;) Where abouts in north west are you bluekipper?

Good luck with your house sale, were in Liverpool, until 14th Feb then back to adelaide for us.

Bluekipper

Betty Boot Feb 27th 2010 2:22 am

Originally Posted by bluekipper (Post 8379486)
Good luck with your house sale, were in Liverpool, until 14th Feb then back to adelaide for us.

Bluekipper

bluekipper Feb 27th 2010 3:00 am

Originally Posted by bluekipper (Post 8379486)

Bluekipper

Can you tell Im a little bit stressed??? I mean 14th April haha

spending all weekend, scrubbing/disinfecting shoes, garden equip and other bits & bobs, shippers are in on Wed :eek:

Bluekipper

Alfresco Feb 27th 2010 3:30 am

Originally Posted by Betty Boot (Post 8379619)

Originally Posted by bluekipper (Post 8379683)
Can you tell Im a little bit stressed??? I mean 14th April haha

spending all weekend, scrubbing/disinfecting shoes, garden equip and other bits & bobs, shippers are in on Wed :eek:

Bluekipper

Still lingering on Valentines day obviously. ;)

bluekipper Feb 27th 2010 4:29 am

Originally Posted by Alfresco (Post 8379724)
Still lingering on Valentines day obviously. ;)

Thats right :D

The Flintstones Feb 28th 2010 12:06 am

He also said US gov was helpless and had used all their ammo, what a pack of lies that was.