Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

**Spoiler** Queensland NSW in State of Origin Thriller!

**Spoiler** Queensland NSW in State of Origin Thriller!

Old May 25th 2005, 12:55 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light
Default Its Origin Time!!!!!!!

Its match day of game one of Origin and I just love the way Queensland goes crazy for it - I had the radio on at 6.30am and was happy to hear B105 DJ's paying out on the blues - Its like the whole state stops for the day in anticipation of the mighty maroons touching up the blues lol - just wondered if itd the same in NSW????
Old May 25th 2005, 1:14 am
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all
Default Re: Its Origin Time!!!!!!!

You think that's bad, well the hospital has decorated the wards and we have even asked new mums/dads who their baby will be supporting and then decorate their cot for them!!!
Old May 25th 2005, 1:26 am
BE Forum Addict

JohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of lightJohnoBronco is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by rob&lucy
You think that's bad, well the hospital has decorated the wards and we have even asked new mums/dads who their baby will be supporting and then decorate their cot for them!!!

I'd hope they're all Maroon to the bone in townsville
Old May 25th 2005, 1:36 am

bondipom is an unknown quantity at this point

Have the premiers done the deal with the flags. NSW is supposed to fly the QLD flag for a day on the harbour bridge if QLD win and QLD will fly the NSW flag somewhere if the Blues win.
Old May 25th 2005, 1:36 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Origin time means it is time to recycle this

Two boys in Brisbane are playing football when one of the boys is attacked by a vicious Rottweiler. Thinking quickly, the other boy rips a board off the nearby fence, wedges it down the dog's collar, and twists, breaking the dog's neck.

A Courier Mail Press reporter hears about the incident and rushes over to interview the boy. "Young Lions Fan Saves Friend From Vicious Animal," he starts writing in his notebook. But I'm not a Lions fan," the little hero replies.

"Sorry, since we are in Brisbane I just assumed you were," says the reporter, and he starts again. "Broncos Fan Rescues Friend From Horrific Attack," ! he jots in his notebook. "I'm not a Broncos fan either," the boy responds.

The reporter starts again, "Maroons supporter risks life in heroic rescue". "But I'm not a Maroons fan either" says the boy.

"I assumed everyone in Brisbane was either for the Lions, Broncos or the Maroons. What team do you cheer for?" the reporter asks.

"We are both from Sydney and I'm a Blue's fan," the boy says.

The reporter starts a new sheet in his notebook and writes, "Little Redneck Cockroach Bastard Kills Beloved Family Pet."

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old May 25th 2005, 1:39 am
So Happy We could Dance

rob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to allrob&lucy is a name known to all

Originally Posted by JohnoBronco
I'd hope they're all Maroon to the bone in townsville
WEll there are the odd couple who are blues but we just stick them together and ignore them!!
Old May 25th 2005, 1:44 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by bondipom
Have the premiers done the deal with the flags. NSW is supposed to fly the QLD flag for a day on the harbour bridge if QLD win and QLD will fly the NSW flag somewhere if the Blues win.
Yes Beattie and Carr have got the bet on again - Poor Peter was a bitter pill for him to swallow last year
Old May 25th 2005, 1:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rob&lucy
WEll there are the odd couple who are blues but we just stick them together and ignore them!!
Well theres still hope for the newborns not to make the same mistake as their parents(blues supporters) lol
Old May 25th 2005, 8:23 am
Anything,Anytime,Anywhere

The Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond reputeThe Bloke has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by bondipom
Yes, as per normal. I think in Brisbane it flys over either the Story Bridge or Parliament House annex.
Old May 25th 2005, 9:59 am
Cheesy Member

DagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond reputeDagBoy has a reputation beyond repute

Just settling down with my boys and a few bottles of Cooper's Sparkling Ale, waiting for the kickoff. Being the sports mad nation that Australia is, I assumed that everyone would be tuned in, but looking on the TV guide I see that most of you cannot watch until later (if at all) - unlike the UK where there was nowhere I could go to get away from the poncy old FA cup final - so - which is the sports mad nation?

Go the "Marones" (or Maroons as us English speakers like to pronounce it)

Cheers,

DagBoy
Old May 25th 2005, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

Grassface is an unknown quantity at this point
Default **Spoiler** Queensland NSW in State of Origin Thriller!

Maroons pip Blues in Origin thriller

25 May 2005

The smallest man on the field, Matt Bowen, came up with the biggest play of the night as Queensland stole an amazing 24-20 golden-point State of Origin win over NSW at Suncorp Stadium.

Bowen plucked a Brett Kimmorley pass out of thin air in the fourth minute of extra time to break the deadlock after the scores were locked at 20-all after 80 gripping minutes.

Bowen's North Queensland teammate, halfback Johnathan Thurston, playing in his first Origin, sent the thriller into the golden point scenario for only the second time with his 78th-minute field goal.

Thurston's match-saving strike wobbled over after a NSW player got a hand on the ball.

The first game of last year's series was also decided by golden point when NSW five-eighth Shaun Timmons squeezed a field goal over to snatch victory.

Queensland skipper Darren Lockyer missed with a desperate 44-metre field goal with less than a minute to play in regular time which hardly got off the ground.

He had a chance to win the game in the 76th minute but missed his 33-metre penalty kick which drifted left of the posts.

Lockyer's boot wasn't kind as he also missed with another long-range field goal in the 83rd minute.

NSW stormed back from a 19-0 deficit and looked set to send the record crowd of 52,484 home disappointed when captain Danny Buderus scored the Blues' third try in nine minutes to hit the lead 20-19.

Rookie winger Matt King sprinted down the right hand touch line and somehow tossed a miraculous pass 20m infield for Buderus to score.

Queensland had been far the better side in the first 40 minutes but NSW got their running players into the game in the second half and the match changed complexion dramatically.

But Bowen, who had made several breaks around the rucks, came up with the golden play of the night when he swooped like a rabbit onto Kimmorley's pass, leaving the exhausted NSW players to watch him spring away for the match-winning try.
Wow what a game, just watched it, it was a thrilling, adrenaline pumping game! Anyone else catch it?
Old May 25th 2005, 3:20 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

JackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond reputeJackTheLad has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Queensland Beat NSW in State of Origin Thriller!

Originally Posted by Grassface

Wow what a game, just watched it, it was a thrilling, adrenaline pumping game! Anyone else catch it?

Nah, saving myself for the Champions league final between Liverpool and Milan. Its on at 4:30am here

Ouch!

JTL
Old May 25th 2005, 3:41 pm
Raindancer

Athena is an unknown quantity at this point

Gee... I hope at least Milan wins tonight... or I'll have to consider crawling under some rock and see to my swift demise...

One of the best things of moving to Sydney is that I will be able to keep on cheering for the Blues (the "Azzurri", i.e. the Italian national soccer team), without feeling like I'm supporting our loathed Prime Minister (whose party is called "Forza Italia", i.e. "Go Italy"... and their official colour is... blue!!!! ).
He managed to steal the cheering slogans and colours from us, as well as the rest...

So, for the next game... GO THE BLUES!!!! (both here and Downunder!)

P.S.: too bad they don't air the State of Origin, here in Italy... I'm sure I'd have enjoyed the game, regardless of the outcome
Old May 25th 2005, 5:20 pm
Jonah & Suzie's Daddy!!!

Sir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud ofSir Les Patterson has much to be proud of
Smile Re: Queensland Beat NSW in State of Origin Thriller!

hi grassface ...we caught it on sky tv here and had my 2 year old screaming for queensland
Old May 25th 2005, 7:32 pm
Forum Regular

beebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nicebeebopaloola is just really nice

have not read all your thread as hubby is watching it at the moment and does not want the gamr spoiling! he cannot wait to get out to Brisbane and watch games in the stadium!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.