Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Australia
Reload this Page >

% that go back to uk

% that go back to uk

Old Apr 29th 2007, 12:05 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold
Default % that go back to uk

Being as our friends have just gone back to the uk after 6 months its made me curious as to how many people do go back in the first 2 years. % wise. I know it is probably a touchy subject as those starting there journey would not want to be put off but the expense of moving here means that most people would not be able to return to the likestle they had. Anyone any ideas ?
Raven
Old Apr 29th 2007, 12:13 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: % that go back to uk

Originally Posted by raven
Being as our friends have just gone back to the uk after 6 months its made me curious as to how many people do go back in the first 2 years. % wise. I know it is probably a touchy subject as those starting there journey would not want to be put off but the expense of moving here means that most people would not be able to return to the likestle they had. Anyone any ideas ?
Raven
ABCDiamond posted some stats along these lines a year or so ago. They made interesting reading. The thing that surprised me was not that some realised a mistake soon after getting here but that there was a steady stream even decades after arrival.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265347 (post 13)
Old Apr 29th 2007, 1:41 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Wendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond reputeWendy has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the figures if you want to work it out. http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statist...index.htm#data

I did it a few weeks ago, I'm not posting what I go it to because but to be honest I can't be arsed with all the 'you're wrong cos you like it here, so therefore your talking bullshit' crew just now.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 4:02 am
BE Enthusiast

raven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to beholdraven is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by worzel
ABCDiamond posted some stats along these lines a year or so ago. They made interesting reading. The thing that surprised me was not that some realised a mistake soon after getting here but that there was a steady stream even decades after arrival.

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=265347 (post 13)
wow makes interesting reading. Thanks fer thay
Raven
Old Apr 29th 2007, 5:02 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Wendy
Here's the figures if you want to work it out. http://www.immi.gov.au/media/statist...index.htm#data

I did it a few weeks ago, I'm not posting what I go it to because but to be honest I can't be arsed with all the 'you're wrong cos you like it here, so therefore your talking bullshit' crew just now.
Quite amazing stats ,seems it doesnt matter what couintry people come from there seems to be a few who go back in the first year and then it subsides for a while ,while they try and work out where they really want to be .But once it gets over five years the numbers jump up .
Old Apr 29th 2007, 5:15 am
Banned

mr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond reputemr mover has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by king kong
Quite amazing stats ,seems it doesnt matter what couintry people come from there seems to be a few who go back in the first year and then it subsides for a while ,while they try and work out where they really want to be .But once it gets over five years the numbers jump up .
Alot of people are here on 5yr work contracts, with military duties ......... mm
Old Apr 29th 2007, 6:02 am
Forum Regular

cra1gm is an unknown quantity at this point

it would jump when they class 5 years plus, there is possibly 60 years in that category, as opposed to a year or two max the rest
Old Apr 29th 2007, 6:13 am
poole ,dorset . love it

king kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond reputeking kong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cra1gm
it would jump when they class 5 years plus, there is possibly 60 years in that category, as opposed to a year or two max the rest
true .never thought of that one .My guesstimation just going by how this website seems to operate and the people wanting to return and the ones wanting to stay ,i believe the going back rate would be somewhere between 10-20% i know its a huge guess with a huge difference but i would believe that is a fair guess.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 6:43 am
Timelord

DrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond reputeDrWho has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by king kong
true .never thought of that one .My guesstimation just going by how this website seems to operate and the people wanting to return and the ones wanting to stay ,i believe the going back rate would be somewhere between 10-20% i know its a huge guess with a huge difference but i would believe that is a fair guess.
Hmm... Reading the stats it's around 23,000 UK arrivals in the last recorded year with around 1,000 departures of people that have been here less than 2 years...

So somewhere between 2 and 4 percent, depending upon the spread of time that people were here during those 2 years... and a few other bits 'n pieces...
Old Apr 29th 2007, 7:40 am
BE Forum Addict

jazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond reputejazzys has a reputation beyond repute

Ah but what are the percentages of those going back to the UK that then say "sod this, I'm going back to Oz"

(Like me)

Jazzys
Old Apr 29th 2007, 8:14 am
Here at last!

OzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond reputeOzzieNurse has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by raven
Raven
Who cares! A chance of a new life in a new country...if it works fine if it doesnt we come back...at the moment we have no intention of coming back...it will take at least 4-5 years to settle into an new country and people just think they can change straight away and call the place home...it wont be for a very long time, for some it will never be home.
Live life for today and dont worry about such things.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 9:19 am
IT Guru

TheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really niceTheSubMainMan is just really nice
Post Re: % that go back to uk

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
Who cares! A chance of a new life in a new country...if it works fine if it doesnt we come back...at the moment we have no intention of coming back...it will take at least 4-5 years to settle into an new country and people just think they can change straight away and call the place home...it wont be for a very long time, for some it will never be home.
I care!

For-warned is for-armed.

I'm not going over there on holiday I'm going there to live and stats like this, let me know that I shouldn’t take the challenge too lightly. Makes me research all the more diligently

Cheers for the posting.
Old Apr 29th 2007, 11:38 am
BE Enthusiast

clanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to allclanwylie is a name known to all

Originally Posted by OzzieNurse
You are very ture...some people i think give up a wee bit to easy(but not all)