$100,000

Old Sep 1st 2002, 7:50 pm
Just Joined

PAUL&PAULA is an unknown quantity at this point
Angry $100,000

HELLO EVERYBODY,WE'VE BEEN LOOKING AT THIS SITE FOR A WHILE NOW BUT JUST GOT THE BOTTLE TO JOIN IN, I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP US WITH A QUESTION, WHEN APPLYING FOR THE EXTRA 5 BONUS POINTS BY PLEDGEING $1000,000, WHEN IS IT THEY ACTUALLY WANT THE DOSH (REALISTICALLY WE COULD NOT GET OUR MITS ON IT UNTIL WE SELL OUR HOUSE) WE WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL IF ANYONE CAN HELP,THANX
Old Sep 1st 2002, 8:59 pm
Hot and sweaty member!!

yvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond reputeyvsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: $100,000

Originally posted by PAUL&PAULA:
HELLO EVERYBODY,WE'VE BEEN LOOKING AT THIS SITE FOR A WHILE NOW BUT JUST GOT THE BOTTLE TO JOIN IN, I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP US WITH A QUESTION, WHEN APPLYING FOR THE EXTRA 5 BONUS POINTS BY PLEDGEING $1000,000, WHEN IS IT THEY ACTUALLY WANT THE DOSH (REALISTICALLY WE COULD NOT GET OUR MITS ON IT UNTIL WE SELL OUR HOUSE) WE WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL IF ANYONE CAN HELP,THANX
i think there are a few threads regarding this if you do a search. there are also several contributors on this site who are going down the investment route so hoperfully one of them will be able to help you
Old Sep 1st 2002, 10:47 pm
Forum Regular

Dilbert is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by PAUL&PAULA:
Paula and Paula
I'm in the same boat, apparently you can lodge the $100k at any point in the application process, but I believe it is not officially requested until the pre-grant stage, at which point you get something like 49 days to make the investment.

cheers

D
Old Sep 2nd 2002, 12:20 pm
George Lombard

Hi Paul and Paula,

1. Asking for the dosh occurs about half way through the wait. I am aware of one
case where a person took out the statutory deposit but did not receive the
visa; in most cases it is going to be a positive sign just to be asked for it.

2. You can borrow the dosh against, eg, your house. Bear in mind that the
statutory deposit carries interest and so you may need to do your sums to work
out the cost and whether it's worth it.

Cheers

George Lombard
--
www.austimmigration.com.au
"PAUL&amp;PAULA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > HELLO EVERYBODY,WE'VE BEEN LOOKING AT THIS SITE FOR A WHILE NOW BUT JUST GOT THE
    > BOTTLE TO JOIN IN, I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP US WITH A QUESTION, WHEN APPLYING FOR
    > THE EXTRA 5 BONUS POINTS BY PLEDGEING $1000,000, WHEN IS IT THEY ACTUALLY WANT THE
    > DOSH (REALISTICALLY WE COULD NOT GET OUR MITS ON IT UNTIL WE SELL OUR HOUSE) WE
    > WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL IF ANYONE CAN HELP,THANX
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com

Old Sep 2nd 2002, 2:52 pm
BE Enthusiast

abergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud ofabergas has much to be proud of

Originally posted by PAUL&amp;PAULA:
Hi Paul and Paula
We have to put the $100,000 in to the fund, as we needed 5 bonus points as my husband is over 40. We just had to let them know that we were going to do this when we applied. We have been waiting 13 months and still haven't been asked for it. We have the money ready for when they do!
As far as we know it's the last stage before you get your visa.
Hope this helps
Dave and Yve
Old Sep 2nd 2002, 7:49 pm
Lafulton

George,

I am one of the applicants who has elected to put AU$100,000 for 5 points.

From your post below, would it be fair to say that DIMA asks for deposit after a
positive assessment?

I got a little concerned when you mentioned about a case where the deposit was made
but the person did not receive visa. I am assuming that there were issues other than
points being met (may be like health or character type) which prevented the visa and
not the points.

Concerned as I am keeping my fingers crossed that MODL does not disappear before they
ask me for money. Once they ask for money can I assume I passed the points test?

[LAF]

"George Lombard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > Hi Paul and Paula,
    > 1. Asking for the dosh occurs about half way through the wait. I am aware of
    > one case where a person took out the statutory deposit but did not receive
    > the visa; in most cases it is going to be a positive sign just to be asked
    > for it.
    > 2. You can borrow the dosh against, eg, your house. Bear in mind that the
    > statutory deposit carries interest and so you may need to do your sums to
    > work out the cost and whether it's worth it.
    > Cheers
    > George Lombard
    > --
    > www.austimmigration.com.au
    > "PAUL&amp;PAULA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > >
    > > HELLO EVERYBODY,WE'VE BEEN LOOKING AT THIS SITE FOR A WHILE NOW BUT JUST GOT THE
    > > BOTTLE TO JOIN IN, I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP US WITH A QUESTION, WHEN APPLYING FOR
    > > THE EXTRA 5 BONUS POINTS BY PLEDGEING $1000,000, WHEN IS IT THEY ACTUALLY WANT
    > > THE DOSH (REALISTICALLY WE COULD NOT GET OUR MITS ON IT UNTIL WE SELL OUR HOUSE)
    > > WE WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL IF ANYONE CAN HELP,THANX
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > >

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 6:55 pm
George Lombard

Hi LAF,

Normally the statutory deposit is requested after the other elements of the case have
been checked, but as it is required for the points to be granted, it takes place
prior to formal assessment. What happened in the other case was that the applicant
did not gain sufficient IELTS points. He seems to have emailed every member of the
Migration Institute of Australia for assistance, which is how he came to my
attention. We normally insist that clients whose English may be weak do the IELTS
test first.

Cheers

George Lombard
--

"LAFulton" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]
om
    > George,
    > I am one of the applicants who has elected to put AU$100,000 for 5 points.
    > From your post below, would it be fair to say that DIMA asks for deposit after a
    > positive assessment?
    > I got a little concerned when you mentioned about a case where the deposit was made
    > but the person did not receive visa. I am assuming that there were issues other
    > than points being met (may be like health or character type) which prevented the
    > visa and not the points.
    > Concerned as I am keeping my fingers crossed that MODL does not disappear
    > before they ask me for money. Once they ask for money can I assume I passed
    > the points test?
    > [LAF]
    > "George Lombard" <[email protected]> wrote in message
news:<[email protected]>...
    > > Hi Paul and Paula,
    > >
    > > 1. Asking for the dosh occurs about half way through the wait. I am aware of
    > > one case where a person took out the statutory deposit but did
not
    > > receive the visa; in most cases it is going to be a positive sign just
to be
    > > asked for it.
    > >
    > > 2. You can borrow the dosh against, eg, your house. Bear in mind
that
    > > the statutory deposit carries interest and so you may need to do your
sums
    > > to work out the cost and whether it's worth it.
    > >
    > > Cheers
    > >
    > > George Lombard
    > > --
    > > www.austimmigration.com.au
    > > "PAUL&amp;PAULA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > > >
    > > > HELLO EVERYBODY,WE'VE BEEN LOOKING AT THIS SITE FOR A WHILE NOW BUT
JUST
    > > > GOT THE BOTTLE TO JOIN IN, I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP US WITH A QUESTION, WHEN
    > > > APPLYING FOR THE EXTRA 5 BONUS POINTS BY PLEDGEING $1000,000,
WHEN
    > > > IS IT THEY ACTUALLY WANT THE DOSH (REALISTICALLY WE COULD NOT GET OUR MITS ON
    > > > IT UNTIL WE SELL OUR HOUSE) WE WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL IF
ANYONE
    > > > CAN HELP,THANX
    > > >
    > > > --
    > > > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
    > > >

Old Sep 3rd 2002, 7:42 pm
Just Joined

PAUL&PAULA is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by George Lombard:
Hi Paul and Paula,

1. Asking for the dosh occurs about half way through the wait. I am aware of one
case where a person took out the statutory deposit but did not receive the
visa; in most cases it is going to be a positive sign just to be asked for it.

2. You can borrow the dosh against, eg, your house. Bear in mind that the
statutory deposit carries interest and so you may need to do your sums to work
out the cost and whether it's worth it.

Cheers

George Lombard
--
"PAUL&amp;PAULA" <[email protected]> wrote in message news:[email protected]...
    > HELLO EVERYBODY,WE'VE BEEN LOOKING AT THIS SITE FOR A WHILE NOW BUT JUST GOT THE
    > BOTTLE TO JOIN IN, I HOPE SOMEONE CAN HELP US WITH A QUESTION, WHEN APPLYING FOR
    > THE EXTRA 5 BONUS POINTS BY PLEDGEING $1000,000, WHEN IS IT THEY ACTUALLY WANT THE
    > DOSH (REALISTICALLY WE COULD NOT GET OUR MITS ON IT UNTIL WE SELL OUR HOUSE) WE
    > WOULD BE VERY GRATEFUL IF ANYONE CAN HELP,THANX
    > --
    > Posted via http://britishexpats.com
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 9:52 pm
Forum Regular

summers family is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Paul & Paula, I think we are in a similar position to yourselves, and we have posted many threads on this subject if you want to search.
We understand that the money can be lodged at any point in your application (we need to invest quick as we need the money back to finance our move). Therefore we think our option will be to secure a loan on our house, and live on beans & toast for a year before we go!
Please feel free to email me direct so we can swap sob stories! [email protected].
Hope this has been of some help!
Regards Carol x
Old Sep 3rd 2002, 10:51 pm
Forum Regular

dpr21 is an unknown quantity at this point

If you are only short of 5 points - I have heard of an individual who flew out here (Aus), did a short course in bookeeping at the local TAFE ('community type' college) and got 5 extra points for having an Australian qualification.

Check with George Lombard/Alan Collett/other migration agent whether this is still feasible as this may have changed to an Aus Uni course or something more stringent??

cheers

dpr