THANK YOU SKY !

Old Dec 18th 2012, 9:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: THANK YOU SKY !

I did look into the upgrade but they said we'd have to accept that they would also '' up date '' our subsription . So I decided to leave it until I can get shot of the ' kids ' channels
Old Dec 18th 2012, 9:24 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I had it so easy compared to you ...

here are my old posts from the beginning of November.

Nov 5th

just spoke to Sky and for a one off payment of 48 euro I can upgrade to the Sky HD plus box. The techie guy will come out and change all the stuff over and add the new line all free of charge.

Nov 6th 2012, 10:25 am

Lorna at Vicenza

Well that was easy!
Tech guy rang yesterday evening and asked if he could come at 8.15 this morning.
He arrived at 8.20.
He didn't even install a second line. He fixed some new gadget to the dish, stuck my ariel cable into some kind of USB stick thing and shoved that into the back of the Sky Plus box.

I thought I'd have to pull the furniture out so he could run a second line along the skirting boards and behind the bookcases etc. but I didn't.

He never touched the old line or replaced it and all the channels I was missing before have come back and now of course I have all the HD ones too.

So a couple of weeks ago, Sky told me I'd have to wiggle the dish or change the cable to get the channels back and their technician would cost me 54 euro.

Today I got a Sky Plus HD box and everything working for 48 euro.
Old Dec 18th 2012, 9:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

..great . .sounds like you got twice the service for half the price ...

Old Dec 18th 2012, 10:11 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
..great . .sounds like you got twice the service for half the price ...

I wonder if it was because I was already a Sky client?
Old Dec 18th 2012, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I wonder if it was because I was already a Sky client?
So was I .. and have been for quite a few years ...

Old Dec 18th 2012, 10:48 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

yes but perhpas Lorna has been a client for a long time , or maybe she's just better looking ?
Old Dec 18th 2012, 11:22 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
yes but perhpas Lorna has been a client for a long time , or maybe she's just better looking ?
there's no doubt about that.

I'm the better-looking one of course.

I'm sure they'll have no hesitation in cashing-in my € 98 ...
bah humbug!
Old Dec 19th 2012, 10:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

That was decent of them. I couldn't even get a remote control out of them without paying 19 euro for delivery ........ so I ordered one from Amazon instead for 10 euro and told them to shove it.
What was wrong with your remote control, Lorna? It's very difficult to press the buttons on ours to change the stations, in fact I'm getting a very sore thumb! At first, I thought the batteries were low, but even after I'd changed them, it still wouldn't work properly. Where did you find a new control on Amazon for 10 euros because I can't see one there at that price?
Old Dec 19th 2012, 10:50 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by pugliese
What was wrong with your remote control, Lorna? It's very difficult to press the buttons on ours to change the stations, in fact I'm getting a very sore thumb! At first, I thought the batteries were low, but even after I'd changed them, it still wouldn't work properly. Where did you find a new control on Amazon for 10 euros because I can't see one there at that price?
If any one needs a brand new Sky digitale (silver non-HD box) remote, I've got one -actually 2- that I'd willing stick in the post for you.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 10:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

pugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the roughpugliese is a jewel in the rough

Originally Posted by 37100
If any one needs a brand new Sky digitale (silver non-HD box) remote, I've got one -actually 2- that I'd willing stick in the post for you.
is your silver one interchangeable with the black one I've got, see below?
Attached Thumbnails THANK YOU SKY !-419qtm6cbnl._aa160_%5B1%5D.jpg  
Old Dec 19th 2012, 11:43 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

is your silver one interchangeable with the black one I've got, see below?
Sorry, no. That's why we have some many.
Old Dec 19th 2012, 11:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

I am totally confused! What is this Sky Italia? Surely Sky do not operate out of anywhere except the UK. As I understand it if you phone Sky and say you are living elsewhere than the UK then your signal is shut down.

Help for all us Spanish ex-pats please.
Old Dec 20th 2012, 12:56 am

It probably got knocked on the floor, which had happened before, but this time it must have been a hard knock and the lightbulb thing stopped working so the whole remote was dead.

There are 100s of remotes on Amazon UK. The one I bought wasn't even a proper Sky one but rather a cheap universal one that had the sky buttons. When it arrived I just tuned it into my TV using the code number in the Sky booklet or the remote booklet (can't remember) and hey presto ....... everything worked.

To get free delivery to Italy from Amazon UK you have to spend 25 euro though so you might want to shop for something else. Packages arrive in about 3 days with SDA.

They sell them in big electrical shops here in Italy but not for a tenner !!!!

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_...d-keywords=sky remote
Old Dec 20th 2012, 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Chiclanagir
I am totally confused! What is this Sky Italia? Surely Sky do not operate out of anywhere except the UK. As I understand it if you phone Sky and say you are living elsewhere than the UK then your signal is shut down.

Help for all us Spanish ex-pats please.
Sky Italia is just that ...... Sky and a Sky box and SkyCinema and Sky sports etc .............. but the basic package is not Sky UK and all the channels are different. You do not get BBC or ITV or Channel 4 etc.
We mostly get American channels like Fox Life and Fox Crime. We get National Geographic and Discovery Channel etc.
All these programmes come in Italian but there is also the option to view in original language .......... English ............... which is why so many of us opted to pay a monthly subscription to Sky Italia - and also because Italian TV is shite !
Old Dec 20th 2012, 1:53 am
BE Forum Addict

Chiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond reputeChiclanagir has a reputation beyond repute

Sky Italia is just that ...... Sky and a Sky box and SkyCinema and Sky sports etc .............. but the basic package is not Sky UK and all the channels are different. You do not get BBC or ITV or Channel 4 etc.
We mostly get American channels like Fox Life and Fox Crime. We get National Geographic and Discovery Channel etc.
All these programmes come in Italian but there is also the option to view in original language .......... English ............... which is why so many of us opted to pay a monthly subscription to Sky Italia - and also because Italian TV is shite !
Ahh and is it actually run by Sky.com?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.