Reload this Page >

Scottish Independence

Scottish Independence

Old Aug 29th 2014, 2:30 pm
Banned

NEWCOMO is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Scottish Independence

Originally Posted by 37100
Oh what rubbish! The UK is a member of the EU. It will still be the UK without Scotland. As to the EU countries non excepting British passports...please!
The UK is not a signatory to the EU treaty in 1973. Your passport is GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND not UK and NORTHERN IRELAND.

Great Britain commonly refers to the island together with a number of surrounding islands, which constitute the territory of England, Scotland and Wales.

source http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Great_Britain
In fact, the BBC and LBC have been discussing this issue as it seems to be an issue.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 2:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

highlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond reputehighlander1 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by HADENOUGHPIZZA
surely the date of 18/09/2014 is just the date of the referendum ? the date on which Scotland will ( if the yes vote wins ) become officially independant from the UK has yet to be established and would probably not be before 2016 . Who is telling you that a UK passport won't be valid as of 19/09 ?

There are some reports of barbed wire, anti-tank missiles and armored tanks being readied at Berwick , just in case that at 0.01 0n 19 Sept...
Old Aug 29th 2014, 2:47 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by highlander1
[/COLOR]
There are some reports of barbed wire, anti-tank missiles and armored tanks being readied at Berwick , just in case that at 0.01 0n 19 Sept...
good idea , the polling stations close at 10.00 so that gives them all of 2 hours for them to count the votes , make a quick speech and set off a few fireworks .. these will naturally be mistaken for missiles and the tanks will respond
Old Aug 29th 2014, 3:07 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by NEWCOMO
The UK is not a signatory to the EU treaty in 1973. Your passport is GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND not UK and NORTHERN IRELAND.

Great Britain commonly refers to the island together with a number of surrounding islands, which constitute the territory of England, Scotland and Wales.

source Great Britain - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

In fact, the BBC and LBC have been discussing this issue as it seems to be an issue.
So you don't have a British passport otherwise you world have noticed the gold letters printed boldly on the front that say, 'EU. United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. . You love trolling,don't you?
Old Aug 29th 2014, 3:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

HADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond reputeHADENOUGHPIZZA has a reputation beyond repute

My passport states on the front United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland . If Scotland votes to leave the United Kingdom then I'm fairly sure that my passport won't need renewing . In the event of Scotland voting YES then the estimates for independance are 3 -5 years during which I'm sure they'll deal with the issue I pressume Scotland would want to issue their own .
All it would need would be legislation that legally defines the United Kingdom as being made up of England and Scotland from the date X . The EU would recognise Scotland as a legal entity , possibly not want it as a member ?
Old Aug 29th 2014, 3:17 pm
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute

EUROPA - Countries

And you might like to tell the EU that they are wrong.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 3:30 pm
Banned

EUROPA - Countries

And you might like to tell the EU that they are wrong.
The United Kingdom (UK) consists of England, Wales, Scotland (who together make up Great Britain) and Northern Ireland.

Using your source......

EUROPA - European Countries - United Kingdom

I can read .... so if the UK consists of England/Wales and Scotland and Northern Ireland as the signatory to EU in 1973 and Scotland is not there, there is a legal break ! (and the treaty has to be redefined).

EU cannot claim Scotland as an EU country and nor can UK or Great Britain if Scotland is out. Everything from Passports to the BBC needs to redone.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 3:34 pm
Banned

All it would need would be legislation that legally defines the United Kingdom as being made up of England and Scotland from the date X . The EU would recognise Scotland as a legal entity , possibly not want it as a member ?
The SNP are working to a very aggressive timetable for independence. It won't be years more like weeks or months if the vote goes ahead.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 3:39 pm
Banned

So you don't have a British passport otherwise you world have noticed the gold letters printed boldly on the front that say, 'EU. United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. . You love trolling,don't you?
UNITED KINGDOM OF GREAT BRITAIN AND NORTHERN IRELAND.

Yes, I have a British Passport. the words United Kingdom is irrelevant. The words Great Britain and Northern Ireland define the land in EU law.

After Scottish Independence the kingdom will not be very united !
Old Aug 29th 2014, 4:01 pm
Concierge

The United Kingdom (UK) consists of England, Wales, Scotland (who together make up Great Britain) and Northern Ireland.

Using your source......

EUROPA - European Countries - United Kingdom

I can read .... so if the UK consists of England/Wales and Scotland and Northern Ireland as the signatory to EU in 1973 and Scotland is not there, there is a legal break ! (and the treaty has to be redefined).

EU cannot claim Scotland as an EU country and nor can UK or Great Britain if Scotland is out. Everything from Passports to the BBC needs to redone.
No, the UK remains the UK and it is the UK that is a member not Scotland once it ( does not) leave the UK. Simples.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 4:31 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

Mr Darling has already stated that NEW Scotland would have no access to the BoE funding and that Scotland would be free from all UK debt. At over 1tn (1000 billion GbP) this is massive get out for scotland.

Anyone paying a mortgage in England/Wales/NI would expect interest rates to rise immediately and even tax rises to service more debt/less population.

So Economics...

Since Northern Bank, Bank of Scotland, and the Bank of England issue pounds (Irish Pounds, Scottish Pounds and English Pounds) since pounds are not legal tender in law, so pounds are promissory notes issued by Bank of England via these issuers so bank of Scotland will continue to issue Scottish Pounds regardless of the Bank of England as they is no legal definition of pounds in law.

This is no different to the Central Bank of Ireland which issues notes in Ireland which were called Irish Punts... (Irish Pounds) until Ireland became a Euro member in 1999.

So if Scotland has it own central bank, it will be free from debt, can issue paper against a conservative (Mr Darling) 6byn GBP per year revenue (tax) to gain around 60 byn short term credit over 10 years. This is massive for 5 million population and no assumption of taxation.

It is a new norway. Economically strong.
Newcomo, you still have not fixed your fabricated quote from me - please edit that post or I will have to report you for breaking site rules. Passion is one thing but dishonesty is different, therefore, please edit your fabrication immediately!
Old Aug 29th 2014, 4:38 pm
Concierge

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike
Newcomo, you still have not fixed your fabricated quote from me - please edit that post or I will have to report you for breaking site rules. Passion is one thing but dishonesty is different, therefore, please edit your fabrication immediately!
I don't think he can, Mike as there is a time limit for editing. Give Lorna a buzz. She can do.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 4:45 pm
Banned

What is wrong

POST 39

Scotland will have no debt at formation, but oil production worth billions. A new Norway. wrong they will have to negotiate debt share

POST 40

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post in POST 40
Scotland will have no debt at formation, but oil production worth billions. A new Norway. wrong they will have to negotiate debt share

I cannot see anything that you have not written "you did write in RED in post 39 "wrong they will have to negotiate debt share" or did you not??

Please get facts correct before saying I am distorting words in CONTEXT

Last edited by NEWCOMO; Aug 29th 2014 at 4:50 pm.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 4:48 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

Garbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond reputeGarbatellamike has a reputation beyond repute

No, the UK remains the UK and it is the UK that is a member not Scotland once it ( does not) leave the UK. Simples.
I agree that it could not be simpler 37100 and I did chuckle over the idea that the SNP have decided to do independence in weeks - it will take years to unravel the Scots from the Union and the debate on what debt proportion falls to Scotland will be nigh on impossible to resolve as will civil service pension liability and any number of things.

The UK remaining UK with or without Scotland is simples even a meercat gets that.

The exit of Scotland from the UK will be highly complex. I think Newcomo actually believes they can declare independence, announce they are keeping the oil money and defaulting on any debt share and the streets of Glasgow will be paved with gold in a matter of days - naivety in the extreme I think.

Personally it does not matter one iota to me whether Scotland remain or leave the UK - it is pretty much irrelevant to anyone other than the Scots.

I do think devolution was a dogs breakfast (classic political fudge) and that Scots should decide to leave the UK or stay in and not have a halfway house that creates unnecessary political complexity and expense to the tax payer.

Quite frankly if more than 50% of the 8% of British Citizens want to leave the UK, let them go.

However, I do suspect that many Scots are more canny than Newcomo who is perhaps being blinded by passion for independence and innate loathing of everything British. Makes you wonder why someone would join BE if they loathe everything British - the mind boggles.
Old Aug 29th 2014, 4:51 pm
Dunroaming back in UK

What is wrong

POST 39

POST 40

Originally Posted by Garbatellamike View Post in POST 40

I cannot see anything that you have not written "you did write in RED in post 39 "wrong they will have to negotiate debt share" or not??
I did not write what you quoted me as doing - not a word of it - how can you not understand that this is wrong!!!!!!!

Last chance to retract your fabrication else I will file a complaint - the evidence is there for admin and the mods to see!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.