Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

It was a sad day today

It was a sad day today

Old Sep 26th 2010, 9:24 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: It was a sad day today

I hope your friend gets over her loss fairly quickly - the feeling will never go away entriely, but getting on with life, and looking after and comforting her children will help. You will no doubt be a great help in this, and also have learnt that we must be thankful and appreciate what apper the little insignficant things our families bring to us.
I've had to attend 3 funerals this last summer of people much much younger than myself; so very sad. 1 cancer victim and 2 road accident victims. Makes you realise how lucky we are.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Sep 26th 2010, 9:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LivingHere
Sounds like your local priest is the real deal. Take care of yourself too.
The priests have been so comforting to him and her.They sorted out the body and saved her money, plus instead of getting a donation from her for the service, they handed her a wadge of money( she does not work and lives in rented accommodation).The friends and neighbours have also made a collection of 2,600 E which covered the cost of the funeral service.
I know I sometimes moan about things that bother me in Italy, but having seen all the support she had from her Italian friends I realise how wonderful they are in moments like this.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 9:38 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Isakat

I have hugged and kissed my husband and children so many times today.....

We all forget to do this. It is so important.

My Oh was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma 3 years ago. It was part of the reason for moving over here. Every 3 months we trip to Padova for tests to check if her blood levels have moved. So far thank God they haven't moved since she was diagnosed.

My OH amazed me when our UK GP first told her that she had cancer. The doc said he needed her to go to the hosp for more tests on Friday (2 days later). My Oh said I can't I am at school teaching. Can I go on the following Thursday.......

I know if it was me that had been told I had Multiple Myeloma I would still be a gibbering wreck. Knowing that sooner or later it would claim me.

Today is officially Give your OH a Hug day.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 10:20 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera

My Oh was diagnosed with Multiple Myeloma 3 years ago. It was part of the reason for moving over here. Every 3 months we trip to Padova for tests to check if her blood levels have moved. So far thank God they haven't moved since she was diagnosed.

My OH amazed me when our UK GP first told her that she had cancer. The doc said he needed her to go to the hosp for more tests on Friday (2 days later). My Oh said I can't I am at school teaching. Can I go on the following Thursday.......

I know if it was me that had been told I had Multiple Myeloma I would still be a gibbering wreck. Knowing that sooner or later it would claim me.

She sounds like an amazing woman.

I can't give my OH a hug as the poor sod is still suck in Saudi Arabia - but I'll give you all a virtual hug, I'll give my kids some extra ones and OH can have lots on Friday when he's home again.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 10:35 am
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Wow! Sounds like she is pretty amazing, but so are you being there for her.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 10:48 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

She sounds like a very special lady Pecora. Like you I would definitely be in the gibbering category !
A close friend of ours has a rare lymphatic cancer but he's so calm and collected and I just think HOW - how do people cope.
She's very lucky having an OH like you, it cant have been easy moving here and having to deal with all of it.
I will give my OH a virtual hug cos like Lorna mine works away. And I will hug my kids too
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Patty
She sounds like a very special lady Pecora. Like you I would definitely be in the gibbering category !
A close friend of ours has a rare lymphatic cancer but he's so calm and collected and I just think HOW - how do people cope.
She's very lucky having an OH like you, it cant have been easy moving here and having to deal with all of it.
I will give my OH a virtual hug cos like Lorna mine works away. And I will hug my kids too
She is amazing. The 3 monthly tests are just like a dentist visit to her. I dare not miss one because I fear the day I'm not there the levels will have moved. MY Oh is 35 so she was told when she was 32 and a half. Anyway didn't mean to highjack the thread.

I hope the day gets better for you Isakat.
Old Sep 27th 2010, 11:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Isakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond reputeIsakat has a reputation beyond repute

She is amazing. The 3 monthly tests are just like a dentist visit to her. I dare not miss one because I fear the day I'm not there the levels will have moved. MY Oh is 35 so she was told when she was 32 and a half. Anyway didn't mean to highjack the thread.

I hope the day gets better for you Isakat.
Thank you for your post Pecora Nera, it shows that people can find the power deep inside them to fight diseases.
I pray that your lovely OH comes out of it a winner like many other cancer sufferers who beat the illness.
All the best to both of you.

Isakat
Old Sep 28th 2010, 5:30 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Wow. You all sound absolutely amazing. Isakat for being a fantastic friend, Pecora Nera's OH for being so strong and PN himself for being there for her. I often think that, although we moan and whinge there are a lot of special people out there. All my hugs and healing vibes to you all.xxxxx
Old Sep 28th 2010, 7:57 pm
BE Enthusiast

.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice.Ariel. is just really nice

My thoughts are with you Isakat. Such wise and touching words on here - I hope they give you some comfort xxxxxxxxxxx