Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Pizza can kill you

Pizza can kill you

Old Oct 20th 2014, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Pizza can kill you

Originally Posted by sunnysider
Here you are folks.

Quote from carlo collodi.

"Do you want to know what pizza is? It is a focaccia made from leavened bread dough which is toasted in the oven. On top of it they put a sauce with a little bit of everything. When its colours are combined -- the black of the toasted bread, the sickly white of the garlic and anchovy, the greeny-yellow of the oil and fried greens, and the bits of red here and there from the tomato -- they make pizza look like a patchwork of greasy filth that harmonises perfectly with the appearance of the person selling it."
Wonder if Queen Margherita ever read that, before ordering her pizzas from Pizzera Brandi (inventors of the Pizza Margherita) just across from the Royal Palace in Napoli?
bye bye dicette l'inglese
Old Oct 26th 2014, 1:31 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 37100
Love Hawaiian pizza. The only place I can indulge in one is lake Garda.
Me too, they're my favourite. They don't usually exist on the menu in the US, but you can assemble an approximation from the individual ingredients. Unfortunately, although pineapple is available, most restaurants don't have "ham", and the closest I usually get is some abomination called "Canadian bacon".
Old Oct 26th 2014, 4:21 pm
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

Oh, Pulaski! How could you? I LOVE Canadian Bacon - and not just the movie.

I was introduced to pizza in Canada, many years ago. Wonderful stuff, whatever toppings it has - olives excepted.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 5:02 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gordon Barlow
Oh, Pulaski! How could you? I LOVE Canadian Bacon .....
But it has the consistency of cured shoe leather!
....... olives excepted.
Olives are the best thing. The Pulaski family has them with many different things: in sandwiches, on salads, on pizzas, in burritos, as a side with snacks of all sorts of cold dishes. Little Miss P just loves them and has since she was a baby. Olives, especially black ones, are the best thing.
Old Oct 26th 2014, 6:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

sunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond reputesunnysider has a reputation beyond repute

I think olives are one of those things that grow on you as you age - like sprouts.

Surprised to find that anyone liked them as a baby.

Did she guzzle cocktails at the same age?
Old Oct 27th 2014, 12:27 am
BE Forum Addict

Gordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond reputeGordon Barlow has a reputation beyond repute

I think olives are one of those things that grow on you as you age - like sprouts.
More like warts. (Speaking personally...)
Old Oct 27th 2014, 10:50 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Surprised to find that anyone liked them as a baby.

Did she guzzle cocktails at the same age?
Sprouts make me gag and I hate olives. Daughter loves them though. Her favourite pizza at the moment is spicey, hot salame and green olives. Ughh!