No Grazia

Old Sep 7th 2010, 7:58 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Location: London. and visiting Italy when the Parmesan runs out!
Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of
Default Re: No Grazia

Way to go Indie....
Old Sep 17th 2010, 5:27 pm
Forum Regular

internationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really nice

Hang on - these girls were in their twenties?! I would perhaps excuse them of being rude and bad-mannered if they were kids (with the hope that their parents would give them a right telling off when they got them home)...but 22 year old women should know better. I hope your aunty told them to take their soup elsewhere!
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:42 pm
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Gio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud ofGio has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by internationalbefky
Hang on - these girls were in their twenties?! I would perhaps excuse them of being rude and bad-mannered if they were kids (with the hope that their parents would give them a right telling off when they got them home)...but 22 year old women should know better. I hope your aunty told them to take their soup elsewhere!

Oh no, of course not. She may have been born an Italian but, she is a true blue Brit! Plus she will have seen worse having brought up 3 fully adult kids...She did have a "leeeeetle" gossip with me in the back room though..
I think on reflection the Italian girls had 2 agendas 1. to not eat any sciffo English food and 2. To stay a size 2! And to achieve that aim they brought their own sciffo Italian food......Powdered bloody soup! Is this the "New Italians"?
Old Sep 17th 2010, 6:59 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond reputePica has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Gio
Oh no, of course not. She may have been born an Italian but, she is a true blue Brit! Plus she will have seen worse having brought up 3 fully adult kids...She did have a "leeeeetle" gossip with me in the back room though..
I think on reflection the Italian girls had 2 agendas 1. to not eat any sciffo English food and 2. To stay a size 2! And to achieve that aim they brought their own sciffo Italian food......Powdered bloody soup! Is this the "New Italians"?
We were serve a meal in an agriturismo just last Tuesday ( Gio-you will know where) had been warned about the volume so requested small, not much, piccolo. Couldn't finish any of it and thought we were dying as we crawled off to bed. Also-no toilet paper provided in our room !!!!!
However a very nice place when we found it. Thanks Gio )
Old Sep 17th 2010, 8:06 pm
Forum Regular

internationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really niceinternationalbefky is just really nice

Originally Posted by Gio
Well your aunt is clearly far more polite than those girls or myself - I'd have told them to get out if they'd got a packet of soup out when everyone else was enjoying a meal!

What does sciffo mean by the way?
Old Sep 17th 2010, 8:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Ciao, it's spelt 'schifo' and in most contexts means 'disgusting'.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old Sep 17th 2010, 9:56 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by ononno
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Ahhh...thank you! I guessed it wasn't a positive word from the context, but wasn't sure what it meant exactly. Nice to know these things!
Old Sep 18th 2010, 6:04 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ononno
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Thanks Ononno. Knew I might have spelt it wrong
Old Sep 18th 2010, 6:05 am
Gio
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by conniewalker
We were serve a meal in an agriturismo just last Tuesday ( Gio-you will know where) had been warned about the volume so requested small, not much, piccolo. Couldn't finish any of it and thought we were dying as we crawled off to bed. Also-no toilet paper provided in our room !!!!!
However a very nice place when we found it. Thanks Gio )
Did you see our place across from Agritourismo