Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Music for trendy teenagers.

Music for trendy teenagers.

Old Feb 16th 2011, 6:58 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Music for trendy teenagers.

Originally Posted by ambra_wandsworth
Bruno Mars too!!! Songs are really catchy and not too difficult

Grenade...

Just the way you are...

That's what I was going to suggest - and super up to date!

EDIT: not my cuppa - but what about Taylor Swift - Fifteen or Your Belong to Me - both easy to listen to and easy for teenagers to relate to ....

Last edited by ann m; Feb 16th 2011 at 7:06 pm.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 7:13 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
I could turn it into an English come sex ed lesson.
More than one Italian I slept with could have done with a few anatomy and sex ed lessons!
Originally Posted by duffer
tell us more, but first, have another glass of wine
I am, for once agreeing with Duffer.... let me fill your glass up Lorna....
Old Feb 16th 2011, 7:14 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I had never heard of Bruno Mars but I've just realised that I have heard the song "Just The Way You Are". He certainly has a nice clear voice that the students could understand.

Maybe the chorus has been used on some Tv advert or something.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 7:16 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by indiebird
I am, for once agreeing with Duffer.... let me fill your glass up Lorna....
Not a chance Not tonight.
Old Feb 16th 2011, 7:18 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

ann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond reputeann m has a reputation beyond repute

I had never heard of Bruno Mars but I've just realised that I have heard the song "Just The Way You Are". He certainly has a nice clear voice that the students could understand.

Maybe the chorus has been used on some Tv advert or something.
Think it was number one for week in many countries, and his other one, Grenade, has just been number one in UK and US (I think) too. Must have got some radio play in Italy
Old Feb 16th 2011, 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by ann m
Think it was number one for week in many countries, and his other one, Grenade, has just been number one in UK and US (I think) too. Must have got some radio play in Italy
It probably did but I hardly ever turn the radio on which made me think it might have been the background music to some advert. Or perhaps I've heard it in the many bars I frequent

Wonder if the boys would think it's too sloppy? Bit of romance won't hurt them.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 6:32 am
BE Forum Addict

Pecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to beholdPecora Nera is a splendid one to behold

It probably did but I hardly ever turn the radio on which made me think it might have been the background music to some advert. Or perhaps I've heard it in the many bars I frequent

Wonder if the boys would think it's too sloppy? Bit of romance won't hurt them.
Don't change the subject.. it was getting interesting. Now about these Italians!!! Someone please get Lorna a glass of wine.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 7:25 am
Forum Regular

ballerina will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Pecora Nera
Don't change the subject.. it was getting interesting. Now about these Italians!!! Someone please get Lorna a glass of wine.
Hiya, we do a Top of the Pops class at the English school where I work and it's very popular. We find a song that the students will probably recognise (the age range of students is from 15 to 80!!), print the lyrics with some missing words. After they have found the words we have a singalong.

It's tough finding appropriate contemporary songs though! My boss did the Lily Allen one with the wet patch and giving head... i wonder how he expalined that!!

One that i did recently isn't contemporary but everyone knew it because it was in Shrek, The Monkees 'i'm a believer' and they also had the original 'I've Had The Time of My Life' becuase Black Eyed Peas did a really crap version of it, so they knew that one too.

I'm so sick of the Lady Gaga requests though!

Katy Perry is quite well known here too, and Duffy with her screeching on that advert.
Old Feb 17th 2011, 7:39 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by ballerina
Katy Perry is quite well known here too, and Duffy with her screeching on that advert.
What about Amy Winehouse?? Loads of people here tell me they like her... noone below the age of 25 tho....
Old Feb 17th 2011, 8:17 am
Forum Regular

ballerina will become famous soon enough

What about Amy Winehouse?? Loads of people here tell me they like her... noone below the age of 25 tho....
Oh yeah, Amy Winehouse has been a popular one too. I usually stick to Karaoke classics... It's Not Unusual...Eye of The Tiger etc.. it's jsut so funny to hear them belting them out!
Old Feb 17th 2011, 8:02 pm
Forum Regular

ambra_wandsworth will become famous soon enough

I could turn it into an English come sex ed lesson.
More than one Italian I slept with could have done with a few anatomy and sex ed lessons!

They certainly will love it!!

Not telling you anything and not drinking tonight either. Have to be at school for 8.10am.
Let's just say that not all Italians do it better!
Some honestly are "tutto fumo e niente arrosto" ( I hope you know the meaning, I have no idea how to say it in english) , a bit too showing off to admit they need to learn something..

Originally Posted by ann m
He's often on the radio in Italy as well, my bro made me listen to him...

- valerie!
Old Feb 18th 2011, 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by ambra_wandsworth

Some honestly are "tutto fumo e niente arrosto" ( I hope you know the meaning, I have no idea how to say it in english) , a bit too showing off to admit they need to learn something..

You could say:

all smoke and no fire
or
all talk and no action.
Old Feb 18th 2011, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by ballerina

I'm so sick of the Lady Gaga requests though!
I don't want to do any Lady Gaga. I don't mind some of her songs but I don't want to listen to them all week long.
Old Feb 20th 2011, 1:09 pm
Forum Regular

ambra_wandsworth will become famous soon enough

You could say:

all smoke and no fire
or
all talk and no action.
ok, thanks
Old Feb 20th 2011, 3:49 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

Take That have a newish song out that is popular and I'm also with the Katie Perry suggestion - all the girls think she is great! Alex's age group are with Indie on using The Beatles - big revival in interest there!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.