favorite movie

Old Sep 28th 2010, 10:03 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: favorite movie

Yes, that was the one/two....Tarantino was in an episode of Alias too wasn't he?
Old Sep 28th 2010, 10:08 pm

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

More than one I think.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 8:32 am
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Could I have an idea of everybody's top 10 films, I watch movies legally free on line, there but there is such a big choice and I rack my brains to think of a good film to watch sometimes that I haven't already seen. I was watching The Lovely Bones yesterday it was almost as good as the book. I recently watched Robert Downey Jnr in Chaplin, very good, a bit cheesey the way Charley loses his south London accent and becomes terribly posh towards the end. Charlie Chaplin was born in East Street (known as East Lane market) off Walworth Road, London. My sister was walking home from the library with Chaplin's Autobiography in her arms, she saw Chaplin and Oona sitting in a Rolls looking at the house he used to live in on Kennington Road near the Horns. She went over and he autographed the book in pencil, she never took the book back. One of life's strange but true coincidences. Thanks for any suggestions on films!
Old Sep 29th 2010, 8:38 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

I'm hopelessly not up to date with films but I watched a couple in England this summer.

The Blind Side - not heavy and baed on a true story. Very watchable.

P.S I Love You - I'd read the book first but the film nearly made me cry.

Law Abiding Citizen - the story line was totally not what I was expecting and not predictable so kept me watching it and I liked it.

I forgot to ask you if you liked Brassed Off?
Old Sep 29th 2010, 9:28 am
BE Enthusiast

PAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to beholdPAT M is a splendid one to behold

Thanks very much Lorna, no I haven't seen Brassed Off and I'll look out for those other suggestions. I saw a film here for few months ago called Remember Me, I was unprepared for the ending, very sad.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 9:37 am
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Loved Chaplin... not seen that for a long time. I brought Iris for £4 at Gatwick HMV on the way home. It is about Iris Murdoch and how she suffered with Alzimers (not the right spelling but my brains not working today!!) Very sad as she was such a prolific writer and thinking and obviously being played by Dame Judy with Jim Broadbent as her hubby you can't go far wrong.... makes me want to read more of Murdoch's stuff...
Old Sep 29th 2010, 10:31 am

Originally Posted by PAT M
Thanks very much Lorna, no I haven't seen Brassed Off and I'll look out for those other suggestions. I saw a film here for few months ago called Remember Me, I was unprepared for the ending, very sad.
Maybe it was Patty who had Brassed Off to watch.
Haven't seen Remember Me
I suppose I'll watch more films on cold dark winter nights when the kids are in bed.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 10:43 am
Forum Regular

Anderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura aboutAnderson Council has a spectacular aura about

There's an English film director called Terence Davies. He's not very well known, despite the fact that both The Guardian and The Times have described him as "Britain's greatest living filmmaker". He's made 4 or 5 films, but "Distant Voices, Still Lives" is his masterpiece. An autobiographical film about his family in Liverpool, it's near as cinema has ever come to poetry in my opinion. Check out the trailer on YouTube The follow up, The Long Day Closes, is just as beautiful.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 12:19 pm
BE Forum Addict

indiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud ofindiebird has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Anderson Council
There's an English film director called Terence Davies. He's not very well known, despite the fact that both The Guardian and The Times have described him as "Britain's greatest living filmmaker". He's made 4 or 5 films, but "Distant Voices, Still Lives" is his masterpiece. An autobiographical film about his family in Liverpool, it's near as cinema has ever come to poetry in my opinion. Check out the trailer on YouTube The follow up, The Long Day Closes, is just as beautiful.
Very interesting.... wonder if he used to make some of the Film Four and Screen Two british films that I grew up with....
Old Sep 29th 2010, 1:43 pm
The Original Red Head!

TestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond reputeTestaRossa has a reputation beyond repute

PAT M - how do you "legally" watch films online?? Just interested..

The Fifth Element is my all time favourite.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:11 pm
BE Enthusiast

TR, I'll look up their blurb and let you know Thanks for all the interesting suggestions

Last edited by PAT M; Sep 29th 2010 at 3:17 pm.
Old Sep 29th 2010, 3:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lorna at Vicenza
Maybe it was Patty who had Brassed Off to watch.
Haven't seen Remember Me
I suppose I'll watch more films on cold dark winter nights when the kids are in bed.
Yes it was me Lorna and I absolutely loved it
Old Oct 6th 2010, 2:39 pm
Forum Regular

Beep is a jewel in the roughBeep is a jewel in the roughBeep is a jewel in the roughBeep is a jewel in the rough

I think my top five would be The Great Escape...I say all the lines along with them
The Life of Brian......stwike him centuwion.
Steel Magnolias........I love the accents and the actresses
Close Encounters of the Third Kind..I still want to go off in the spaceship at the end
and all old musicals but top of the list the Sound of Music
nothing very fashionable or highbrow but I love them
Old Oct 6th 2010, 2:43 pm

If we're talking musicals I love Oliver Twist. I fancied the Artful Dodger when I was a young lass. Oliver was cute but too cute.
Old Oct 6th 2010, 2:49 pm
Forum Regular

Beep is a jewel in the roughBeep is a jewel in the roughBeep is a jewel in the roughBeep is a jewel in the rough

Oh yes I love that one too.and Hello Dolly....

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.