Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Europe > Italy > Al Fresco
Reload this Page >

Eurovision Song Contest 2012

Eurovision Song Contest 2012

Old May 25th 2012, 9:04 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of
Default Eurovision Song Contest 2012

With the semi finals now out of the way it's nearly time for the grand finale in Baku, Azerbaijan tomorrow night.

The UK - represented by Engelbert Humperdinck! - will be the first to perform, with Nina Zilli reprsenting Italy 10th in the running order.

A massive 26 songs in all then it's the (political) voting which is always the best bit ... Norvège: nul points!

Italy kept out of the contest for years but came 2nd last year

It's on RAIDUE I think, as well as BBC for those who can ..
Old May 25th 2012, 9:26 am
Concierge

37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute37100 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Eurovision Song Contest 2012

Originally Posted by MarkRD
With the semi finals now out of the way it's nearly time for the grand finale in Baku, Azerbaijan tomorrow night.

The UK - represented by Engelbert Humperdinck! - will be the first to perform, with Nina Zilli reprsenting Italy 10th in the running order.

A massive 26 songs in all then it's the (political) voting which is always the best bit ... Norvège: nul points!

Italy kept out of the contest for years but came 2nd last year

It's on RAIDUE I think, as well as BBC for those who can ..
Who the heck is Nina Zilli?
Old May 25th 2012, 9:34 am

Lorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond reputeLorna at Vicenza has a reputation beyond repute

Haven't seen it for donkey's years. Is it as bad as San Remo?
Old May 25th 2012, 10:03 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Thank God for downloaded Corrie & Emmerdale!
Old May 25th 2012, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

MarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud ofMarkRD has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by 37100
Who the heck is Nina Zilli?
Amy Winehouse look-alike? Moi?

good voice though and nice euro-tune

Haven't seen it for donkey's years. Is it as bad as San Remo?
worse...! or slightly better depending on your point of view. Italy didn't participate for years so naturally RAI didn't show it. It's changed quite a bit since the 70s/80s, understandably. If you're used to the Katie Boyle years you're in for a bit of a shock! Mucho Euro-kitsch.

official site: http://www.eurovision.tv/page/baku-2012
Old May 25th 2012, 10:43 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ononno
Thank God for downloaded Corrie & Emmerdale!
BOOOOOOORRRIIIIIIIING !
Old May 25th 2012, 11:27 am
Just Joined

rochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to allrochester jane is a name known to all

Well pissed off I cant see the Eurovision in Texas!!! I know its naff, ridiculous, quirky, but.......its a great laugh. I miss the parties with friends getting drunk and being silly while we all watched it and voted for our favourites.
If anyone can tell me how I can watch it???..... apart from a sling catcher or you tube ( which I doubt will have the whole programme) I,m stuffed!!!
Old May 25th 2012, 11:35 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rochester jane
Well pissed off I cant see the Eurovision in Texas!!! I know its naff, ridiculous, quirky, but.......its a great laugh. I miss the parties with friends getting drunk and being silly while we all watched it and voted for our favourites.
If anyone can tell me how I can watch it???..... apart from a sling catcher or you tube ( which I doubt will have the whole programme) I,m stuffed!!!
Texas nul points!

Can't help you I'm afraid but but I feel your pain.

After being a keen euro-enthusiast I was in a wilderness for years as they just weren't showing it here and they hadn't even invented the internet.
Judging on last years event it seems to have become a lot more of a huge party with all those former Soviet and Eastern bloc States having their own song .. but it makes the 'politics of voting' even more interesting!
Old May 26th 2012, 10:19 am
BE Forum Addict

ononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond reputeononno has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MarkRD
BOOOOOOORRRIIIIIIIING !
I get enough excitement thank you dodging irate ex mistresses, their even more irate husbands, HMRC, Equitalia, and the CIA; and catching the caterpillars in my garden. I like my evening TV to be boring.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old May 27th 2012, 6:04 am
BE Forum Addict

Well, from what I've just seen on BBC online Humperclink didn't do too well.
Didn't see how Italy had done.
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old May 27th 2012, 6:09 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by rochester jane
Ciao, just noticed that it is available for download (1.5GB) from www.uknova.com
ciao for now,
'o nonno
Old May 27th 2012, 10:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Patty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond reputePatty has a reputation beyond repute

I watched it on BBC last night - Graham Norton is funny and a good replacement for old Terry and he was saying the points BEFORE they gave them - and he got them nearly all right
Just shows how predictable it is (Greece gives Cyprus 12 and so Cyprus gives Greece 12 and so on.....)
Some of the songs actually werent that bad - but I missed Engelbert and also the Russian grannies cos I had to give my son a lift. Poor old Engelbert - I think he came 2nd to last. Even Jedward beat him
Old May 28th 2012, 7:26 am
BE Forum Addict

GAhhh .. missed nearly all of it too, although I caught the last 10 or so countries voting which was all fairly predictable.

Thought Nina Zilli would do better, but I thought the winner was crap to be honest. UK zero points froma almost everyone.

The RAI commentary was actually quite good . .two guys doing a kind of semi-sarcastic Gialappa's style commentary, although still praising the good points. They're usually on RadioDue Catarpillar or summat ..