Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Why bad mouth South Africa? Campbell, Touristrap??

Why bad mouth South Africa? Campbell, Touristrap??

Old May 26th 2007, 1:13 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Why bad mouth South Africa? Campbell, Touristrap??

Originally Posted by Peanut 1
Get a life for crying out loud u pathetic fool
It was quite a reasonable question in light of your very short post. Please don't descend to name calling, its unecessary. Either take part in the discussion or dont ... your choice
Old May 26th 2007, 8:03 pm
Just Joined

Peanut 1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Kitten24
It was a polite question, in my opinion, not need to be so defensive. Just tell us all about your holiday.

Did you have fun? Did you go down to the coast at all? What was the weather like? Take any pics?

I took some fab ones, will add them as soon as I have some spare time.
Why do care about SA. You have nothing good to say about it. You spemd most of life on here trying to discourage anybody from even going there. You found happiness in your new country, so get on with it. Good luck to you.
Old May 26th 2007, 8:37 pm

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do care about SA. You have nothing good to say about it. You spemd most of life on here trying to discourage anybody from even going there. You found happiness in your new country, so get on with it. Good luck to you.
I doubt you've read my posts if that is your opinion. I have a very balanced view of the country. Why would I not care about the country of my birth and the place where my entire family still lives? I have had many good things to say on this forum about SA, yet you are focusing on the bad ones, which are mainly the crime.

I have always been honest on my views and will not lie and paint a pretty picture when someone asks for opinions on the safety of the country. If you don't want honesty then you shouldn't be reading these threads.
Old May 26th 2007, 8:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Dear one peanut, I was born there, raised there, love the place to bits.
Between my wife and I ,we have two mothers in their 70's, 3 Brothers,3 sisters, 23 Nieces and nephews , Lots of friends we care about ,numerous investments and interests ALL living in Sarf Effrika.
At present we contribute to the tax base, pay our rates and taxes and still contribute to employment in SA.

I choose to live in another Country as the existing attitude by those in power is that if something happens to my wife and daughter it is firstly a white perception , that i am racist for criticizing, and that i should just suck it up and live with it.

You may be correct that there is crime everywhere.
The level and degree that I experienced in SA just does'nt seem to happen here where I live now.
I wish I could get my family out.
I hope that they're all still alive when I next visit.
At a Conference today in Galway, two of the people I met recognised my accent, both natural Irish accents, one spends 3 months of the year at his companies offices in Nigel, the other just spent 4 weeks doing Forensic audits on a charitable organisation with offices in SA.
Separately, no prompting, both said it was such a pity that SA was going the same way as the rest of Africa.
My only question was, "How did you find it?"
Stopped in the supermarket on the way home, 4 middle aged ladies doing the Pack your groceries for charity.
Yellow t-shirts saying the Niall Mellon Trust (the Irish guy building 10 houses in 10 days for free in CT)
Asked are you going? no, but that lady is, her 3rd time...
Stately lady, mid 60's , eyes alive and sparkling as much as her jewelry was ,
said to her, " I trust your going to be careful?" Says she, "Oh Yes, I learnt the first time, no jewelry, no camera and a cheap watch."
Peanut 1, read the press and be proud, very proud.
I'm not, anymore.
Old May 26th 2007, 8:50 pm

Originally Posted by Kitten24
It was a polite question, in my opinion, not need to be so defensive. Just tell us all about your holiday.

Did you have fun? Did you go down to the coast at all? What was the weather like? Take any pics?

I took some fab ones, will add them as soon as I have some spare time.
Btw, I was trying to be friendly and showing interest about your holiday/visit, yet you prefer to focus on negative things. It seems like you're just intent on causing hard feelings and an argument.

Take the moderators advice...
Old May 27th 2007, 12:07 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Get a life for crying out loud u pathetic fool
Thanks for those words of wisdom
Old May 27th 2007, 1:21 am
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

We do NOT need to justify our feelings about what is happening to a place many of us had called home. The world screamed out at the the injustice of apartheid and change came as a result of that pressure. We are screaming out at the injustice of yet again, apartheid laced with barbaric crime. There will always be the nay-sayers and that is no different from yesteryear. I, and millions of fellow ex-residents will shout from the roof tops until such time as those imbeciles in government are either voted out, tossed out, or better yet, sent across to brutha Mugabe for some democratic treatment. . (I felt that way about many in the past administration as well).
Old May 27th 2007, 10:49 pm
Just Joined

Crownjewels is an unknown quantity at this point

Campbell wrote:

"Oh yes, my life is so boring. I live in Johannesburg and can’t go out now as I am terrified of the murderers roaming in the streets that just want to kill me. So I stay indoors on the internet all the time. It is a real pity because the weather in SA is lovely".

Now you say you live in Johannesburg, then later on you say on this forum you live in New Zealand??? So where do you actually live?? I mean how can you say one moment you are scared about the murderers walking in your street in Johannesburg, they want to kill you?? when you are at home in New Zealand. You contradict yourself and nobody would take you post seriously on crime in South Africa if you tell people your life is in danger in South Africa when in fact you are actually living in New Zealand?

Stop bad mouthing South Africa, I went to Sunny South Africa in 2007 and had a great time didn't see any crime at all let alone the civil War you talk about Campbell??

And also the lady on this forum who emigrated from SA to England and whinge about South Africa and now also whinge and complain about the weather in England. Everyone knows England has got some of the worst weather when it comes to rain and winters with little sunshine, surely you should have known this before emigrating there from South Africa so why complain how depressed you are in England and tell everyone you dont like England because now you can't have an outdoor lifestyle like you had in South Africa? You emigrated live with it. Nobody forced you to come to England you made that choice.

All you guys seem to do is bad mouthing South Africa and whinge for months and months on end!!!!!

You emigrated, so live with it but don't try to tell everyone on this forum how bad south africa is and don't go there because you will get killed.

I went there on holiday in 2007 and had a great time but if I had read your post I would have cancelled my trip and I am so glad I didn't because I had a great time.

This forum is starting to become a forum where only nenegative people come to whinge day after day after day.

Why don't you guys enjoy your new countries and forget about South Africa if it is that bad ?? but please just stop whinging and bad mouthing South Africa day after day!!

Last edited by Crownjewels; May 27th 2007 at 11:05 pm.
Old May 27th 2007, 11:55 pm

Originally Posted by Crownjewels

And also the lady on this forum who emigrated from SA to England and whinge about South Africa and now also whinge and complain about the weather in England. Everyone knows England has got some of the worst weather when it comes to rain and winters with little sunshine, surely you should have known this before emigrating there from South Africa so why complain how depressed you are in England and tell everyone you dont like England because now you can't have an outdoor lifestyle like you had in South Africa? You emigrated live with it. Nobody forced you to come to England you made that choice.
When did I whinge and complain about Englands weather? I've only ever said that I miss the lovely weather in SA and the sunshine. And how was I supposed to know about English weather if I had only ever been here once before moving over and it was in Summer and hot? You know nothing about me or my circumstances, so don't presume to do so. You also don't know why I came here, how do you know it was my choice?

I came on holiday for a month here, but still knew very little about the country, yet you seem to think you know everything about SA from one short visit?

I am entitled to my opinion, whether you agree with it or not. Frankly your continued nattering about a subject you obviously know nothing about shows your ignorance. If this forum is such an unpleasant place, why keep coming back? If you don't like any of us then stop reading... I intend to continue expressing my opinion whether you like it or not. Like it or lump it!

I shan't be speaking to you again, so don't bother addressing me. You're on my ignore list.

Last edited by Kitten24; May 27th 2007 at 11:57 pm.
Old May 28th 2007, 1:47 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Crownjewels
I went there on holiday in 2007 and had a great time but if I had read your post I would have cancelled my trip and I am so glad I didn't because I had a great time.
Instead of trying to tell everybody else what to say and how to live their lives why don't YOU post a positive thread and tell everyone about your great holiday

Where you went

What you did

Your trip back to Nigeria etc etc

Set the example mate but be prepared for response if you try to tell folk that SA is this crime-free zone like Mbeki and his cronies are trying to do.

I look forward to reading about your holiday real soon….
Old May 28th 2007, 2:12 am
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Oh, we have a marketing student among us do we? Looks like the kind of begging-for-money type marketing letters I get in the mail now and then.

Agent provocateur mayhap?
Old May 28th 2007, 6:58 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=Crownjewels;4839283][B]

This forum is starting to become a forum where only nenegative people come to whinge day after day after day.

QUOTE]

Then go away and set up your own happy clappy forum. I don't like the apparent personal attacks that seem to go on here, but appreciate and support people's rights to air their views. There are lots of positive people on here - me for one - and I am grown-up enough to form my own opinion based on what I see. No-one forces anyone to be here or to comment. There are lots of positive threads!
Old May 28th 2007, 7:30 am
Banned

Default Re:South Africa bad mouths itself ...

http://www.24.com/news/?p=saa&i=533192

Until incidents like these have a police or justice system or whatever it takes to sort out the crazy out of control crime situation in SA it need to be realised that the repercussions of such ripple, not just through SA but worldwide.

So if people think the damage is being done by people whinging it would be common sense to understand where the actual problem is.

The ANC seems to have no intention to address the outrages crime problem in SA and it is as apiarian as going out for a meal to a restaurant in an upmarket area in Durban and being shot.

Time to stop putting band aids over the problem and go to the core.

Get the ANC to do something about the violent crime and gun happy gangsters and murderers that are on the loose.
Old May 28th 2007, 7:44 am
Banned

Default Re: South Africa - bad mouth

http://www.24.com/news/?p=saa&i=532844

Or this sickening incident and thousands like them.

These victims are somebody’s family, somebody’s father at the age of 75 is beaten to pulp with a brick by the barbarians that are on the loose in SA are not being stopped.

This is way out of control and thousands of people are crying out for it to stop and yet it still goes on.

If I am to be considered as whining it is for a very good cause.

The slaughter of people like this
Old May 28th 2007, 8:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Crownjewells, ,just a little part that a Tourist might not realise.
murders will be reported in the Press ,but a small paragraph or two on page 3 or 4.
Unless it's really "Human Interest" like the 4 kg Maltese poodle that attacked and drove off a criminal who was assaulting an 86 year old woman, Woundings,Hi-jackings,assaults,armed home robberies and most rapes DONT make even the small local papers.
A big stick has been waved at them to report Crime "positively"
If you dont read about it, it does'nt exist!
I'm still on the mailing list for our Blockwatch/Community policing Forum which puts out a weekly report covering about 5000 houses.
It makes for pretty horrific reading ,I'm happy to post it, but as none of it will make the Midrand Reporter never mind the Star or Nationals, it does'nt exist in the minds of people elsewhere.
As said here before, the ANC only react to international pressure, not internal.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.