Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

uk state pension paid to RSA bank

uk state pension paid to RSA bank

Old Oct 22nd 2008, 8:42 am
Just Joined

mikegd has a brilliant futuremikegd has a brilliant futuremikegd has a brilliant futuremikegd has a brilliant futuremikegd has a brilliant futuremikegd has a brilliant futuremikegd has a brilliant future
Default uk state pension paid to RSA bank

Previously I have had my uk OA Pension paid to my uk bank account for transfer to RSA when I chose. Recently I was encouraged to have it paid directly to my RSA account. I applied to do so.
It has been paid 4 weekly. The last receipt in uk was 19 Sept and the following 4 weekly receipt due on 17 Oct has not been received. I can only assume it is on its way to my RSA account. Can anyone please let me know when 4 weekly pension payments from HM pensions are now(next) due. Thanks
Old Nov 19th 2008, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

uk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud of
Default Re: uk state pension paid to RSA bank

Why did you mess about with the bank account changes.
Why didn't you just leave things as they were, and let them continue to pay into your UK bank
Simply use your UK bank card to pull out the Rands in SA.
I believe from the day you notify the pensions dept, your pension rate is frozen.
Ie, no yearly increase like you would get in UK.
So if you get say, £95.00 a week in UK, then move (or they find out you moved) then your rate stays at £95.00.
if you don't tell them, or ' don't give them a SA bank to pay into' then you can enjoy the yearly rate rise.

Perhaps you can tell them it was a mistake, and you were just there for a winter holiday, and that they should continue to pay into your UK bank.

graham
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 11:46 am
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

You are correct vette, if you are in europe you continue to get the cost of living increases, but outside Europe, unless there is an agreement, then the pension is frozen.
Old Nov 23rd 2008, 12:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

uk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud ofuk_vette has much to be proud of

I think the UK pension is £90.70 (£134 for couple) a week.
Converting that into rands, gives a nice weekly R1427 (R2108) little earner.
R6183 (R9134) a month is enough to live on, if you have no house to pay for, ie, all paid for already.
just pay rates, food, elec, fuel, entertainment, etc..
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/2906856/Expats-fight-'injustice'-of-state-pension.html

Last edited by uk_vette; Nov 23rd 2008 at 12:41 pm.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 8:56 am
Forum Regular

TIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really nice
Question Re: uk state pension paid to RSA bank

Originally Posted by uk_vette
I think the UK pension is £90.70 (£134 for couple) a week.
Converting that into rands, gives a nice weekly R1427 (R2108) little earner.
R6183 (R9134) a month is enough to live on, if you have no house to pay for, ie, all paid for already.
just pay rates, food, elec, fuel, entertainment, etc..
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/finance/personalfinance/2906856/Expats-fight-'injustice'-of-state-pension.html
UK Vette , maybe you can help ,the reason I originally stumbled upon this site was looking for pension information. It has been a fascinating week and certainly got my mind working overtime.
Although I have read the government website I cannot work out if my wife and I will receive two full pensions as we have both paid full contributions, or do we just get one married pension. I would like to think we get two married pensions! As I say I cannot find clear-cut information on this , I can ring them , but hopefully you may have an answer.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 3:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by TIGGERRAF
UK Vette , maybe you can help ,the reason I originally stumbled upon this site was looking for pension information. It has been a fascinating week and certainly got my mind working overtime.
Although I have read the government website I cannot work out if my wife and I will receive two full pensions as we have both paid full contributions, or do we just get one married pension. I would like to think we get two married pensions! As I say I cannot find clear-cut information on this , I can ring them , but hopefully you may have an answer.

You need to put in 30 years of contributions to the fund
I have 28 years so far, and my wife just a few less.
30 years gets you 100% state pension.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 7:38 pm
Forum Regular

TIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really niceTIGGERRAF is just really nice

Originally Posted by uk_vette

You need to put in 30 years of contributions to the fund
I have 28 years so far, and my wife just a few less.
30 years gets you 100% state pension.
Thanks for speedy reply.I'm still not sure if that means we will both recieve two full pensions eg 90.70 GBP X 2 or just the married amount of 134 GBP or in my dreams 134GBP X2 .....any idear?
ps we have almost both paid full 30 years
Old Nov 27th 2008, 10:16 pm
Just Joined

mikegd has a brilliant futuremikegd has a brilliant futuremikegd has a brilliant futuremikegd has a brilliant futuremikegd has a brilliant futuremikegd has a brilliant futuremikegd has a brilliant future

If you each pay full contributions, then you each receive a full pension.
The Pension Service 0044 191 21 87777 to request A Pension Forecast. They are most helpful and will indicate whether you will be short on contributions and advise on ways of making up back payments for any missing years. From memory you can make 6 years back payments.
Old Nov 27th 2008, 10:16 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for speedy reply.I'm still not sure if that means we will both recieve two full pensions eg 90.70 GBP X 2 or just the married amount of 134 GBP or in my dreams 134GBP X2 .....any idear?
ps we have almost both paid full 30 years
You get a married couples pension, not two single ones
and to buy extra years voluntarily is about £350 a year
Old Nov 27th 2008, 10:57 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by mikegd
If you each pay full contributions, then you each receive a full pension.
The Pension Service 0044 191 21 87777 to request A Pension Forecast. They are most helpful and will indicate whether you will be short on contributions and advise on ways of making up back payments for any missing years. From memory you can make 6 years back payments.
Thanks for info will ring them.....not that I will live to pension age, but we can hope.....anyone know if forces pension will be reduced due to financial crisis or is it bomb proof?
Old Nov 27th 2008, 11:01 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Mitzyboy
Totally confused now will skype them in the morning.......Thanks all
Old Nov 28th 2008, 7:32 am
Forum Regular

Good morning, I have just spoken to the" Le grand fromage" at UK pensions.

If both partners have paid the full 30 years you get two times full pension e.g. £90 times two= £180 .By the time I retire this will be about 5 million rand!

If only one partner has paid the full 30 years you receive married pension. Which is the full pension times 60%, at the moment £90 times 60% =£144.

This seems pretty generous as it is any £34 difference. What happened to equal rights?

Hope this is of assistance to people.

Last edited by TIGGERRAF; Nov 28th 2008 at 7:35 am.
Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:09 am
Senior Moment

Good morning, I have just spoken to the" Le grand fromage" at UK pensions.

If both partners have paid the full 30 years you get two times full pension e.g. £90 times two= £180 .By the time I retire this will be about 5 million rand!

If only one partner has paid the full 30 years you receive married pension. Which is the full pension times 60%, at the moment £90 times 60% =£144.

This seems pretty generous as it is any £34 difference. What happened to equal rights?

Hope this is of assistance to people.
Just goes to show, doesn't it. We have both paid full pensions in, but I was told by DWP that we would get one married pension, not two single ones!
Old Nov 28th 2008, 8:18 am
Forum Regular

Just goes to show, doesn't it. We have both paid full pensions in, but I was told by DWP that we would get one married pension, not two single ones!
Hell now has UK become like SA ,everyone gives a different answer or hasn't a clue?
He did tell me the weather was sh1t.Now that I believe!
Old Nov 28th 2008, 3:52 pm
Just Joined

As I said originally, If you have each contributed enough, then you each receive your own pension. Mine is 100%, my wife's is 75%. If she predeceases me (God forbid!) then her pension falls away. If I go first, then her pension is made up to 100% off the back of mine.