Schools question

Old May 10th 2011, 11:46 am
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light
Default Schools question

Anyone put their kids through school here and got any advice on whether we should go Afrikaans, English, American or whatever curriculum route? Advice on this topic would be really appreciated.

Whats the best in terms of A levels, Matric, etc etc for our daughter in later life?
Old May 11th 2011, 3:00 am
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Schools question

English as it really is the international language - unless you plan to stay in SA even if the world blows up! Would not even think of the American schools unless you plan to move or move them here through the Uni system. Rather pointless otherwise.
Old May 11th 2011, 6:16 am
Mad Moo plus 2

Maddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of lightMaddyjvn is a glorious beacon of light

Do you mean English as in A Levels or English Matric?
Old May 11th 2011, 1:18 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

As in A levels. They would have a better than average chance of heading back to the UK either during their schooling or post graduation. I predict sooner but I know you can't see that at the moment. As things evolve in SA, you may well have a change of heart.
Old May 11th 2011, 1:26 pm
Mad Moo plus 2

Yeah that was my thinking. Thanks.

I guess we'll see what happens. Life's one big leap of faith and adventure and I'd like to think myself and my husband are educated enough to have made the right decision to have come here. He's home after all and a hell of a lot happier than he was in London after 10 years. That counts for a lot in my book. Me, I've moved so much homes as far as the nearest airport to see my folks in Dubai or UK.