Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Puppy from South Africa to Canada-Transportation Co's

Puppy from South Africa to Canada-Transportation Co's

Old Mar 22nd 2010, 12:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Puppy from South Africa to Canada-Transportation Co's

Hello,

I live in Canada and am looking to buy a Ridgeback puppy in South Africa, I have found lots of breeders....obviously! BUT have been unable to find any companies that will arrange the transportation, can anyone put me in the right direction?

Many thanks, Pam
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 12:57 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Puppy from South Africa to Canada-Transportation Co's

Originally Posted by Pammy
Hello,

I live in Canada and am looking to buy a Ridgeback puppy in South Africa, I have found lots of breeders....obviously! BUT have been unable to find any companies that will arrange the transportation, can anyone put me in the right direction?

Many thanks, Pam
Here are a couple that do global pet transportation:

http://www.globalpaws.co.za/

http://www.keringa.co.za/petwings.aspx

If you log onto the South African version of Google and do a search, you will come up with a few companies:

www.google.co.za
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 4:12 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of lightPammy is a glorious beacon of light

Originally Posted by johnh009
Here are a couple that do global pet transportation:

http://www.globalpaws.co.za/

http://www.keringa.co.za/petwings.aspx

If you log onto the South African version of Google and do a search, you will come up with a few companies:

www.google.co.za
Thanks, I tried Google but nothing came up, didn't realise it was different in certain countries
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 4:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

johnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to beholdjohnh009 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks, I tried Google but nothing came up, didn't realise it was different in certain countries
That's okay. I have shipped pets from South Africa to Canada and found the South African companies quite efficient. I think because they have a large number of immigrants, they are quite experienced at this sort of thing.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:35 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Pam, are you in touch with the ridgeback breeders association?
If not I suggest you do and get a list of recommended breeders from them and make sure your breeder is one of them.
The Breeding fraternity in SA is rife with unscrupulous people, not all of them ,just enough to be careful of.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 5:57 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Curious to know why that particular breed Pammy? As an aside, do folk call you Pammy because of your name Pamela? It is my name as well and I have always hated being called Pammy. Makes this old broad feel about 12.

Here is a breeder in the US. http://www.juba-lee.com/shouldibreedmydog.html

Last edited by Tegwyn; Mar 22nd 2010 at 6:04 pm.
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 8:39 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Daxk
Pam, are you in touch with the ridgeback breeders association?
If not I suggest you do and get a list of recommended breeders from them and make sure your breeder is one of them.
The Breeding fraternity in SA is rife with unscrupulous people, not all of them ,just enough to be careful of.
Thanks, I will do this, glad I put this posting up in advance!
Old Mar 22nd 2010, 8:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
Curious to know why that particular breed Pammy? As an aside, do folk call you Pammy because of your name Pamela? It is my name as well and I have always hated being called Pammy. Makes this old broad feel about 12.

Yes my name is Pamela, I am just used to some people calling me that, my customers think its cute or something

I recently opened a boarding kennels that I do grooming out of and in Alberta Canada there are only 2 breeders of Ridgebacks, here and all over Canada they refuse to sell me a bitch with breeding rights, the look of the dogs here and in the states is not something I like, they have too much white and are not as deep in colour as dogs I have seen in SA and Scotland even(where I originate from)

Reason for breeding and choosing Ridgebacks, I love the breed, I have no kids but still want to breed without the pain(for me anyway!)

Ridgebacks are so beautiful, playful, loyal and protective, what more can I say?

I had been in touch with a breeder a while back but she has not got back to me, she had puppies available in January but when I told her I wanted to wait till the summer(pups in cold Canadian winter equals no fun!)she seemed to lose interest.....so I am looking again.

Thanks for the input, take care, Pam...my
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 5:58 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Tegwyn

Nice post Pammy.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 6:53 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

aw, ededed, so cute- if I didn't know you better I'd say you were flirting - are you a breeder too mate?

Originally Posted by ededed
Nice post Pammy.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 12:20 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by shiftdelete
aw, ededed, so cute- if I didn't know you better I'd say you were flirting - are you a breeder too mate?
Mate - I have been done so my breeding days are over. I was gently taking the piss, not flirting - but I was always a fan of Pammy Ewing / Victoria Principal, so if Tegs looks anything like her, then I might just raise my game....
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 4:49 pm
BE Forum Addict

Anyone by any chance know of a good breeder, I am waiting on some of them getting back to me but a personal recommendation would be nice?

I am looking for a show quality female, dark colour, not a lot of white if possible.
Old Mar 23rd 2010, 8:32 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Mate - I have been done so my breeding days are over. I was gently taking the piss, not flirting - but I was always a fan of Pammy Ewing / Victoria Principal, so if Tegs looks anything like her, then I might just raise my game....
dont forget your pill or the game may be called due to lack of interest.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 6:03 am

I am looking for a show quality female, dark colour, not a lot of white if possible.
Ah, the new South Africa. BEE dogs now?

Originally Posted by Daxk
dont forget your pill or the game may be called due to lack of interest.
I'm an inbetweener - old enough to be snipped, young enough not to need any help....finally - the perfect age.
Old Mar 24th 2010, 1:48 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

Nice post Pammy.
Wicked man, you are a very wicked man. As for Victoria Principal, no - I'm older.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.