Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Moving to Tripoli, Libya? Advice Please!

Moving to Tripoli, Libya? Advice Please!

Old Jun 14th 2010, 5:58 pm
Just Joined

LuceM is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Moving to Tripoli, Libya? Advice Please!

Hi

I've been here four years and still love it, mainly because I love my job and have made great friends. I initially came out here alone (woman in her early 30s) but now my husband and I are both settled here.

My job meant I had a ready made social group. You do have to make a big effort to find out about expat social activities but it is worth it because there are lots of things to do. Can be very isolating at first, unless you find your way into a friendly expat crowd!

Driving is dangerous, petty crime on the rise (but nowhere near as bad as inner city Britain, just seem to hear about a slight rise in crime against expats) but such an interesting place and friendly locals.

Feel free to email me for more information.
Old Jun 19th 2010, 3:52 am
Just Joined

traveller875 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Samakauk
Hi Darwinjnr,
Its very good out there in Tripoli, its very cheap in here, people are easygoing, friendly and helpful, dinning out is cheap as well. if you enjoy swimming, water sports, and fishing Libya is the right place for you.

nice brand names for clothes and pay less. there is Marks & Spencer, H&M Monsoon.

You are very welcome in Libya. u'll see how good, hospitable the Libyans are.

any question feel free and just drop me a line.
-------------------
Hi Samakauk - is there a way we can get in touch with you? The plan is to move to Tripoli with husband and daughter at the beginnign of Sept and I would like to get more info. Tried to send message to you separately, but it wouldn't allow me to do so. Thanks! Liza
Old Jun 19th 2010, 6:56 am
Just Joined

lemmi1208 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by traveller875
-------------------
Hi Samakauk - is there a way we can get in touch with you? The plan is to move to Tripoli with husband and daughter at the beginnign of Sept and I would like to get more info. Tried to send message to you separately, but it wouldn't allow me to do so. Thanks! Liza
Hi I have been living here since beginning of April. I am here with husband ans little son. If you need some more advice, hints, tips etc. let me know. Don`t hesitate to ask all you want to know (I did the same at the beginning).
Nice to hear from you. Greetings lemmi1208