moving to SA

Old Jul 10th 2007, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

SW00SH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default moving to SA

Any help please. moving to SA from UK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi folks , just wondering if any one had any words of wisdom?? im a uk resiedent and want to move to south africa as the girl friend is from there and her visa has run out so she must return to her home land.!!:sad_smile.

i want to go out there and and live , so i would be taking advantage of the three month visa. more than likely i would want to stay on in SA. would i be able to apply for a work permit over there or would i have to come back to the uk to apply for it? and which would be the easyier to obtain there or here.

any help would be very much appriecated.

many thanks

swoosh
Old Jul 10th 2007, 2:00 pm
Forum Regular

6000 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: moving to SA

Originally Posted by SW00SH
Any help please. moving to SA from UK

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi folks , just wondering if any one had any words of wisdom?? im a uk resiedent and want to move to south africa as the girl friend is from there and her visa has run out so she must return to her home land.!!:sad_smile.

i want to go out there and and live , so i would be taking advantage of the three month visa. more than likely i would want to stay on in SA. would i be able to apply for a work permit over there or would i have to come back to the uk to apply for it? and which would be the easyier to obtain there or here.

any help would be very much appriecated.

many thanks

swoosh
Come over on a tourist visa and apply for a life partner visa as soon as you arrive. Some people accidentally forget to mention that they plan on staying when they arrive, apparently. *shrug*

Rod at samigration.co.za can advise you further and is well worth his fat fee.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 6000
Come over on a tourist visa and apply for a life partner visa as soon as you arrive. Some people accidentally forget to mention that they plan on staying when they arrive, apparently. *shrug*

Rod at samigration.co.za can advise you further and is well worth his fat fee.
thanks ill give him a shot. thought about forgetting to mention it but thought that would have adverse effects on finding work?
Old Jul 10th 2007, 2:10 pm
Forum Regular

thanks ill give him a shot. thought about forgetting to mention it but thought that would have adverse effects on finding work?
No. That will be difficult anyway.
Your alternative method is to find a job over here first and then come out on a work visa. That requires the company you're planning on joining jumping through a whole load of hoops and stuff, but it can be done.

But one can be instantly won over by the charms of SA, apparently.
"I just wanted a holiday, but this place is so nice I'd like to stay, please."
Arrive CPT International 8am, sitting in Rod's office by 9:30.
So the rumours go, anyway.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

thanks mate. 'you can but try!!!'
Old Jul 10th 2007, 2:49 pm
NTS
NTS

NTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant future

thanks mate. 'you can but try!!!'
Hi Swoosh,

I applied for my intra company transfer visa from UK. It was a paid in the a** to go up to London to the embassy, but it only took 2 weeks. (After I had queued for 2 hours)

Other colleagues have been waiting a few months when they applied from within South Africa. The fat fee person 6000 knows may try and get you to apply while you are here so he gets his fat fee. I am sure it wont be quicker to do this. Your 3 months may be up before you hear anything back.!!

If I am wrong and he can do this for you quickly it is possible the most hassle free option. Saves trips to London etc.

Where are you planning on staying? Johannesburg, Durbs or Cape Town, (or somewhere else)?
Old Jul 10th 2007, 3:29 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by NTS
Hi Swoosh,

I applied for my intra company transfer visa from UK. It was a paid in the a** to go up to London to the embassy, but it only took 2 weeks. (After I had queued for 2 hours)

Other colleagues have been waiting a few months when they applied from within South Africa. The fat fee person 6000 knows may try and get you to apply while you are here so he gets his fat fee. I am sure it wont be quicker to do this. Your 3 months may be up before you hear anything back.!!

If I am wrong and he can do this for you quickly it is possible the most hassle free option. Saves trips to London etc.

Where are you planning on staying? Johannesburg, Durbs or Cape Town, (or somewhere else)?
You can stay in SA for as long as it takes your visa application to come through once you've applied - even if that extends past your 3 month tourist visa.
Then you either get to stay. Or you don't.

Just be careful applying before you come in. I tired and failed, simply because of the queue at SAH in London - they just ran out of time that day - thank goodness. Only found out once I was here that I wouldn't have been allowed into the country if I'd applied.
Old Jul 10th 2007, 3:34 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by NTS
Hi Swoosh,

hmm i see. suppose if i go out there its best to put things in motion straight away. ill be heading to cape town. really want to get out there asap. save me walking about like a lost puppy.lol
Old Jul 10th 2007, 3:36 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by 6000
You can stay in SA for as long as it takes your visa application to come through once you've applied - even if that extends past your 3 month tourist visa.
Then you either get to stay. Or you don't.

Just be careful applying before you come in. I tired and failed, simply because of the queue at SAH in London - they just ran out of time that day - thank goodness. Only found out once I was here that I wouldn't have been allowed into the country if I'd applied.
hmm thats some use full information mate. thanks. i think thats the way im going to go is wait till i get out there. can i ask why you woulent of been allowed in if you had applied??
Old Jul 10th 2007, 6:45 pm
don't worry be happy

DIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really niceDIANE UK is just really nice
Cool Re: moving to SA

Hi 6000,
Could i also ask you why you would have been refused entry as i am looking to move to the Cape as soon as my house is sold. I am married to a south African so im hoping it will be straight forward.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 8:19 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

People planning formal immigration should rely on more than just a chat board for their information.

Pablo
Old Jul 11th 2007, 8:24 am
Forum Regular

hmm thats some use full information mate. thanks. i think thats the way im going to go is wait till i get out there. can i ask why you woulent of been allowed in if you had applied??
Because I was going about it all the wrong way. In your case, a life partner visa applied for once you're over here is the best way. Believe.
You'll also need a return plane ticket (return flight within 3 months).

Originally Posted by DIANE UK
Hi 6000,
Could i also ask you why you would have been refused entry as i am looking to move to the Cape as soon as my house is sold. I am married to a south African so im hoping it will be straight forward.
You too will live on a life partner visa. I think you would have better rights (despite the wonderful constitiution here) being married, so do check with the SA embassy. Or an immigration professional.

Originally Posted by Pablo
People planning formal immigration should rely on more than just a chat board for their information.

Pablo
He's right.
He's nearly always right, you know.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 8:41 am

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pablo

Pablo
I agree! Should you come to SA on a holiday visa it is always best to apply from your own country when you return after your holiday. Your application won't be looked on favourably if you land there the one day and go in and apply to stay permanently the next. This shows prior intent to go there permanently and will be regarded as dishonest. Btw my Aunt works in immigration.
Old Jul 11th 2007, 8:54 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Kitten24
Btw my Aunt works in immigration.
Coincidence! So does my immigration consultant. And I'm still here!
Old Jul 11th 2007, 9:34 am
NTS
NTS

NTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant futureNTS has a brilliant future

He's right.
He's nearly always right, you know.[/QUOTE]

How do you know Pablo's a "he" ???

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.