Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Move to S,Africa, is it worth it?

Move to S,Africa, is it worth it?

Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:16 pm
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute
Default Move to S,Africa, is it worth it?

I am a 27 year old who has spent 18 months in Oz and back home in the UK now, I have the chance to emigrate to Cape Town with a firm that has offered be a job in my field as an electrical engineer, I have read a few negatives on these forums, is it worth me considering it as a young bloke for a few years? just feeling the water at the momment.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 7:50 pm

hatfield1 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Move to S,Africa, is it worth it?

Originally Posted by Backhomeatlast
I am a 27 year old who has spent 18 months in Oz and back home in the UK now, I have the chance to emigrate to Cape Town with a firm that has offered be a job in my field as an electrical engineer, I have read a few negatives on these forums, is it worth me considering it as a young bloke for a few years? just feeling the water at the momment.
Your young and could get a job in a field they really need. I say go for it. Just keep you eye out.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 8:32 pm
Just Joined

mikaya is an unknown quantity at this point

As an ex-South African now living in England I would not do it. But you are young and in the place you are in your life uou would have an absolute blast and make memories you'll never forget. Don't look back when you're 40 and think - I wonder what if?
Good luck.
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:02 pm
Happily hungover

1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute1066 has a reputation beyond repute

Go for it ... you are only young once, but ffs be carefull!
Old Feb 15th 2008, 9:08 pm
Banned

Backhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond reputeBackhomeatlast has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by 1066
Go for it ... you are only young once, but ffs be carefull!
It will not be for another 6 months yet, will see how it goes, was actually born in Emapangeni KZN.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 2:52 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

so what was wrong with oz?

I am a 27 year old who has spent 18 months in Oz and back home in the UK now, I have the chance to emigrate to Cape Town
Old Feb 16th 2008, 6:40 am
BE Enthusiast

shiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to beholdshiftdelete is a splendid one to behold

they had bigger male strippers..?

Originally Posted by shiftdelete
Old Feb 16th 2008, 7:11 am
Banned

they had bigger male strippers..?

Not true
Old Feb 16th 2008, 7:15 am
Banned

Perth

Boring,
to hot
to wet
expensive
poor wages
crime just as bad
flies
crap TV
ETC ETC

Nice coffe though.

I like tea.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 9:27 am
Forum Regular

Brav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to all

Perth

Boring,
to hot
to wet
expensive
poor wages
crime just as bad
flies
crap TV
ETC

Nice coffe though.

I like tea.
Crime just as bad as what? RSA? Crime capital - world? :curse::curse:
Old Feb 16th 2008, 10:46 am
Banned

Originally Posted by Brav
Crime just as bad as what? RSA? Crime capital - world? :curse::curse:
UK.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 11:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Boring
Expensive
Flies

all above = correct answers

Add:
Sub standard public schooling system...really poor, no discipline, teachers have all abdicated their responsibilities and the parents are to blame.

Unfortunately Aus is overrated.

Perth

Boring,
to hot
to wet
expensive
poor wages
crime just as bad
flies
crap TV
ETC ETC

Nice coffe though.

I like tea.
Old Feb 16th 2008, 5:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Ag Shame, another one who could'nt hack it in the Big Pond
Old Feb 17th 2008, 3:03 am
BE Enthusiast

who said I couldn't hack it

Originally Posted by Daxk
Ag Shame, another one who could'nt hack it in the Big Pond
Old Feb 17th 2008, 10:37 am
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

I did and I was referring to backhomeatlasts post.
And I was making a joke,sorry that it came out wrong

Last edited by Daxk; Feb 17th 2008 at 10:40 am.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.