Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Leaving SA for UK questions

Leaving SA for UK questions

Old Apr 29th 2010, 9:22 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Leaving SA for UK questions

Originally Posted by Daxk
Rainbow 2kg pack of breasts R18.99. 2/12/2002.
Country fair 2kg R39.99 last week
Chicken in SA is cheaper than chicken here, thanks to Rainbow and all those battery farms.
I'm glad your Company is rewarding with 12% inflation linked pay increases.

we were paying between 6-10% depending on profits and production before I left.
I gather its been 6% since.
Ed, I'm happy for you.
Congratulations.
but SA is a helluva lot more expensive than when I left, and Ireland does not seem to have increased at the same rate.
Or you can buy a ready cooked one at woolies for R40. Delicious!

6% pay inflation? I wish.....bastard unions.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 7:11 am
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Unions? only in the factory.
I wasn't in the factory and my profession does not have a union.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 9:16 am

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Unions? only in the factory.
I wasn't in the factory and my profession does not have a union.
Oh stop gloating. I'm in airlines. Bastards are everywhere. Imagine Scargill but without the personal hygeine or charisma.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 10:21 am
BE Enthusiast

kiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of lightkiwibok is a glorious beacon of light

Rainbow 2kg pack of breasts R18.99. 2/12/2002.
Country fair 2kg R39.99 last week
Chicken in SA is cheaper than chicken here, thanks to Rainbow and all those battery farms.
I'm glad your Company is rewarding with 12% inflation linked pay increases.

we were paying between 6-10% depending on profits and production before I left.
I gather its been 6% since.
Ed, I'm happy for you.
Congratulations.
but SA is a helluva lot more expensive than when I left, and Ireland does not seem to have increased at the same rate.
LOL at the comparisons for the price of chicken. Chicken licken, hau. She is very popular in SA. Of course its cheaper. Everybody and his dog, maid and gardner eats it.
Old Apr 30th 2010, 11:15 am

Originally Posted by kiwibok
LOL at the comparisons for the price of chicken. Chicken licken, hau. She is very popular in SA. Of course its cheaper. Everybody and his dog, maid and gardner eats it.
No chance - I wouldn't even park outside one!!
Old Apr 30th 2010, 2:17 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ededed
Oh stop gloating. I'm in airlines. Bastards are everywhere. Imagine Scargill but without the personal hygeine or charisma.
well, it was your choice to be a Koffee Moffie
Old May 1st 2010, 8:45 am

well, it was your choice to be a Koffee Moffie
You wish.....!

I get them off the ground and make sure they get back down again. Sometimes.
Old May 1st 2010, 8:54 am
BE Forum Addict

aaah ok, the guy with his daughters ping pong paddles!
Old May 1st 2010, 9:09 am

aaah ok, the guy with his daughters ping pong paddles!
That's the one...
Old May 1st 2010, 9:18 am
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by ededed
That's the one...
Just shows, I thought you were one of the guys who played computer games all day seeing how close you get the lines to each other without one or two coming to a point.
Old May 1st 2010, 9:27 am

Just shows, I thought you were one of the guys who played computer games all day seeing how close you get the lines to each other without one or two coming to a point.
If it makes you feel better, we play plane ping pong and see how far we can get the German aircraft from the terminal entrance. Make 'em march we say....
Old May 1st 2010, 10:00 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

One of the thieving savages at JHB airport broke the lock on one of our suitcase cases and helped itself to a bottle of wine.

It even had the audacity to throw the lock back into the suitcase.

Fortunately it was the cheap bottle we were given and not ones we bought. Needless to say the case is all but useless now and will be chucked. I think the case cost more than the wine.

Last edited by Alfresco; May 1st 2010 at 10:03 am.
Old May 1st 2010, 10:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Off Topic but related to Aircraft, Alf, see from the blog you spent some time at Dikhololo?
As we flew in one weekend, just touched down, and the biggest Kudu I have ever seen ambled across the Runway ahead of us,
To this day I have no idea of how we missed him.
Old May 1st 2010, 10:25 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Alfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond reputeAlfresco has a reputation beyond repute

Off Topic but related to Aircraft, Alf, see from the blog you spent some time at Dikhololo?
As we flew in one weekend, just touched down, and the biggest Kudu I have ever seen ambled across the Runway ahead of us,
To this day I have no idea of how we missed him.

Eish! Must have been scary.

Is the runway not fenced off?
Old May 1st 2010, 10:31 am
BE Forum Addict

not at the time, it was when Dikhololo first started timeshare and a bunch of us bought weekends.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.