Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Interesting story on land ownership in S.A.

Interesting story on land ownership in S.A.

Old Jun 29th 2007, 4:00 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice
Default Re: Interesting story on land ownership in S.A.

There is a vast difference between moving to the US, Aus, etc..and moving to S.A.

Most Brits are clueless as to what to expect in S.A. Their lives WILL be in danger 24/7. Most don't realize that. They also don't realize that the current govt is very much beginning to show their Marxist colors and making moves to implement their Trotsky ways on the country. The picture painted of the country is done with rose-tinted glasses by most of the media, but that is beginning to change. The Wall Street Journal had a scathing article and attack on Mbeki and his cronies, and many are beginning to see the true light. The honeymoon is over.

Farms are being appropriated, and now this story is making the rounds.

Smacks of nationalism to me.

That is something that very much concerns British Expats.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 4:03 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Plus something else.

There are many positives. But how can we go around living our Sandton champagne lifestyles, and ignore the points that Pablo brought up?

How can we ignore the baby rapes, the hundreds of thousands of women raped every year, the murders out of control, the municipality collapses, the electric grid collapse, the Aids holocaust, the general government ineptitude and corruptness, the lack of law and order, etc..etc...If we don't point out the issues, maybe they'll just go away? That seems to be the attitude of most S.Africans.

How dare South Africans in exile during the apartheid years point it out to the outside world. They should have just let South Africa take care of itself.

Smacks of hypocrisy to me.
Old Jun 29th 2007, 6:08 pm

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pablo
Like I said, only racists and Uncle Toms criticise. Leave us Africans to do things our way (but don't forget to keep doling out the aid money) and if we mess it up, then it's all your fault because you're racists.

Simple, eh?

The Aids holocaust. Blame apartheid. The power cuts. Blame apartheid. The collapse of municipal government. Blame apartheid. The breakdown of the healthcare system. Blame apartheid. Corrupt MPs. Blame apartheid.

Get it? If you mess up, you're to blame. If *we* mess up, you're to blame too.

Pablo
*Applause*
Old Jun 29th 2007, 6:13 pm
why
BE Forum Addict

why has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond reputewhy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
There is a vast difference between moving to the US, Aus, etc..and moving to S.A.

Most Brits are clueless as to what to expect in S.A. Their lives WILL be in danger 24/7. Most don't realize that. They also don't realize that the current govt is very much beginning to show their Marxist colors and making moves to implement their Trotsky ways on the country. The picture painted of the country is done with rose-tinted glasses by most of the media, but that is beginning to change. The Wall Street Journal had a scathing article and attack on Mbeki and his cronies, and many are beginning to see the true light. The honeymoon is over.

Farms are being appropriated, and now this story is making the rounds.

Smacks of nationalism to me.

That is something that very much concerns British Expats.
well go back to where you came from
conspiracy person....
look up 'the family " if you want the truth about SA
Old Jun 29th 2007, 6:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by why
well go back to where you came from
conspiracy person....
look up 'the family " if you want the truth about SA
Ah yes. *Why* indeed. Far better a vacuous bland optimism than any attempt at analysis or thought.

Pablo
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 7:46 am
Account Closed

An oldie, but an eye opener.

Zim 'an example for SA' - govt
10/08/2005 16:06 - (SA)

http://www.news24.com/News24/South_A...752065,00.html

Pretoria - South Africa could learn about land reform from its neighbour, Zimbabwe, said deputy president Phumzile Mlambo-Ngcuka on Wednesday.

Many believed South Africa's own process was too slow, too structured and required "a bit of oomph", she told a distance education conference in Pretoria.

"We learned a few lessons from Zimbabwe - how to do it fast," she told the delegates to muted laughter.

"We may need some skills from Zimbabwe to help us."
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 8:37 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Stanley10
Then I am indeed a blind ostrich, because for the life of me I cannot see it.
to be honest tourist trap and pablo honey and the other monkeys on here must be really eaten up inside with their doom laden prognosis of SA. So much bile!! Every other day a new whine appears, but of course they offer no solutions (except perhaps a return to apartheid)

I truly wonder how all this negativity they are obviously carrying around with them is affecting their daily existence? I am sending you some karma guys. I think you need some. One day you might let all the hatred inside you which is obviously festering out. Hope so. (just hope your not near a clock tower when you snap)

Peace and understanding!

Last edited by mingusdynasty; Jul 2nd 2007 at 8:39 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 9:47 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by mingusdynasty
to be honest tourist trap and pablo honey and the other monkeys on here must be really eaten up inside with their doom laden prognosis of SA. So much bile!! Every other day a new whine appears, but of course they offer no solutions (except perhaps a return to apartheid)

I truly wonder how all this negativity they are obviously carrying around with them is affecting their daily existence? I am sending you some karma guys. I think you need some. One day you might let all the hatred inside you which is obviously festering out. Hope so. (just hope your not near a clock tower when you snap)

Peace and understanding!
Yawn. We're supposed to take someone who does not want to debate the issues but rather throw ad hominems about seriously? Please go and find your brain, it seems that you have misplaced it somewhere.

Signed.
The monkey as you called me.

Last edited by TouristTrap; Jul 2nd 2007 at 9:50 am.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:15 am
Banned

mingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud ofmingusdynasty has much to be proud of

Yawn. We're supposed to take someone who does not want to debate the issues but rather throw ad hominems about seriously? Please go and find your brain, it seems that you have misplaced it somewhere.

Signed.
The monkey as you called me.
<<<<< Group hug >>>>>
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:34 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

I mean, hey man, negativity is so, like, negative. Why can't people just get along and be cool... you know, like the Jews with Hitler. They didn't need to provoke him did they? Silly people. I think if we just all smiled then all the world's problems would go away. Peace and love.

Pablo
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:51 am

Kitten24 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Pablo
I mean, hey man, negativity is so, like, negative. Why can't people just get along and be cool... you know, like the Jews with Hitler. They didn't need to provoke him did they? Silly people. I think if we just all smiled then all the world's problems would go away. Peace and love.

Pablo
*Kitten passes Pablo a joint*
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:52 am
Account Closed

What I don't want is this very important thread to be closed due to some people obvious efforts in attempting to do so.

Land ownership is a huge red button in S.A. at the moment and only gaining momentum.

Today farms. Tomorrow?
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 10:52 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Kitten24
*Kitten passes Pablo a joint*
Durban?
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 11:03 am
BE Forum Addict

What I don't want is this very important thread to be closed due to some people obvious efforts in attempting to do so.

Land ownership is a huge red button in S.A. at the moment and only gaining momentum.

Today farms. Tomorrow?
You are absolutely right, TT. This guy's posts are no more than a form of spamming - an attempt to have each thread closed down by reducing it to trivia and name-calling.

Land ownership is a red herring, politically. It plays well to the West, who think all African blacks are no more than peasant farmers, dispossessed and living in grinding poverty as a result. But that isn't how it is. Most people in the UK, or the US, don't own farms, and nor do they need to do so in South Africa. What will benefit everyone far more is a responsive economy, political liberty and good government. But those things are difficult, and don't grab the populist headlines.

Pablo
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 2:32 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

It has been a tactic on other S.A. sites to spam them or destroy the site. Typical intolerant behaviour from those that know they really cannot argue the issues so would rather squelch it by any means possible. Perhaps the mods should pay attention to that.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.