Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

has anybody heard from people who have gone to sa

has anybody heard from people who have gone to sa

Old Dec 5th 2006, 8:30 am
Just Joined

bensdad will become famous soon enoughbensdad will become famous soon enough
Default has anybody heard from people who have gone to sa

hi i was wondering if anybody had heard from people who had gone out to south africa and how they were coping especially people who had used these forums before would be interested to read there experiences before i go out in january thanks
Old Dec 5th 2006, 4:16 pm
Forum Regular

Mizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond reputeMizz Teapot has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: has anybody heard from people who have gone to sa

Go to

www.homecomingrevolution.co.za
Old Dec 6th 2006, 6:16 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mizz Teapot
...which is where you will find the 'good news' version at its most simplistic. Even by its own admission, Homecomingrevolutuion is not interested in telling it like it is, but merely in encouraging people to go there. It is little more than an arm of the government.

And yet, for all its efforts, there is precious little good news there, and an increasingly desperate tone.

Pablo
Old Dec 6th 2006, 6:37 am
A rather curious boy

busterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond reputebusterboy has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pablo
...which is where you will find the 'good news' version at its most simplistic. Even by its own admission, Homecomingrevolutuion is not interested in telling it like it is, but merely in encouraging people to go there. It is little more than an arm of the government.

And yet, for all its efforts, there is precious little good news there, and an increasingly desperate tone.

Pablo

...I thought that too!
Old Dec 6th 2006, 9:20 am
Just Joined

bensdad will become famous soon enoughbensdad will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by busterboy
...I thought that too!
yeah,i have to agree not showing what its really like but there must be somebody out there thats reading this that could give some insight
Old Dec 12th 2006, 8:08 am
Just Joined

Uitlander has a brilliant futureUitlander has a brilliant futureUitlander has a brilliant futureUitlander has a brilliant futureUitlander has a brilliant futureUitlander has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by bensdad
yeah,i have to agree not showing what its really like but there must be somebody out there thats reading this that could give some insight
Try the forum for homecomingrevolution, on http://www.homecomingrevolution.co.za/forum/

The views on this forum are mostly from South African expats and give both sides of the argument.

Old Feb 13th 2007, 11:00 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Uitlander
Try the forum for homecomingrevolution, on http://www.homecomingrevolution.co.za/forum/

The views on this forum are mostly from South African expats and give both sides of the argument.

Yeah, except words like rape, murder, crime re replace with "naughty"

What assholes.......

And people say, well let's have a platform where we can tell the truth.

Yeah right, there's no violence in SA it is just white rumours to bad mouth South Africa. Bloddy aprtheid, still in operation, how do these whites manage to do this to us?

Last edited by Campbells; Feb 13th 2007 at 11:01 pm. Reason: spelling
Old Feb 13th 2007, 11:09 pm
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by bensdad
hi i was wondering if anybody had heard from people who had gone out to south africa and how they were coping especially people who had used these forums before would be interested to read there experiences before i go out in january thanks

Hi there,

It is sad that LOTS of folk USE this forum to get info and don’t contribute later.

I too am most interested to hear feedback from the acid test, you know, been there done that.

I am even more saddened by the folk that actually move over to SA as the majority never seem to follow-through with their interest and / or communications with this forum.

Ultimately with all the crime in SA it leaves most thinking folk thinking that they are too proud to come back and say” yes, you were right”.

So let’s here it from you, how was your trip?

Cheers
Old Feb 16th 2007, 9:29 pm
Just Joined

TeainPot42 is an unknown quantity at this point

There are quite a few Homecoming Revolution stories on the forum mentioned that ended up being Homecoming Revulsion stories.
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:18 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by TeainPot42
There are quite a few Homecoming Revolution stories on the forum mentioned that ended up being Homecoming Revulsion stories.
Hi there,

I see you are a new member. Welcome .............

Where are you loacted in SA?

Sorry, but I don't quite understand your poni here? Please explian.

Cheers
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:43 pm
Banned

It would seem that most folk on THIS forum do not agree and in fact see HCR as a mere propaganda tool of the ANC.

Folk like Guy Lundy who make MONEY ( is their business) just like the whole essence of HCR = business = money to tell a "biased" positive view of South Africa.

I repeat a "biased" view.

I prefer this forum as it is a British , colonial forum being based in a first world. It is not money making business in terms of your topic content therefore FREEDOM OF SPEECH ..........

A lot of Africans hate colonials and I guess these racial AFRICANS ( not just SA'rs) don't like to coming here. They know they must tread with caution as they risk their "please baas" handouts from the colonials they detest so much.

Home Coming Revolution is also under the ANC control of media - hence my post of the warning I got from them. If you read that......

You will see that in the HCRs opinion it is okay for blacks to post their racial comments of whites but if we do the same.......

It's racism......... THIS IS A GLOBAL PROBLEM and the globe needs to wake up & smell the coffee.

Most folk today are NOT responsible for the engineering of apartheid or the slavery that ended over a hundred years ago. People believing that folk of today ARE IN DEBT TO BLACKS for that reason must IN FACT owe THE BRITISH and the AMERICANS much more for OUR fight against Hitler in WW II.

Yes / No ??

Could be an interesting post on HCR ............

Maybe you can do that ???

Cheers...........
Old Feb 16th 2007, 11:47 pm
Banned

Originally Posted by Campbells
Hi there,

Cheers
OOPS spelling ...

You POINT not poni,

I had better trot off.........
Old Feb 17th 2007, 6:23 pm
Just Joined

TeainPot42 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Campbells
Hi there,

Cheers
Thanks for the welcome. I am located in the USofA.

My point?…There are quite a few stories on the forum where people fell for the HCR BS propaganda and went back to SA like happy little bunnies. All wanting and thinking they were going to “make a difference”. But alas…reality has away of establishing itself in most un-welcome ways. There are a number of those people that now write and say what a huge mistake they have made.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 7:20 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

The very best S.A. forum used to be out of the UK called voetsek. The website is still up, but they closed the forum down years ago; there were so many of the same stories on there.

People would talk down the UK like you'd not believe, move back against advice - and remember that these are South Africans who should know better, not foreigners who don't have a clue what they're letting themselves in for - would be all heppie the first 3 or so months and then reality would begin to bite. You'd slowly follow the progress downwards and within six months to a year they'd be back in the UK, though many would then make plans for Oz/Canada/NZ or here - those that could of course. I am talking dozens of them over the years I read the forum. This was during the 'halcyon' days around 2001 or so.

But like I said elsewhere, people being people, they'll want to experience it themselves.
Old Feb 17th 2007, 8:49 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by TouristTrap
The very best S.A. forum used to be out of the UK called voetsek. The website is still up, but they closed the forum down years ago; there were so many of the same stories on there.
Set up a new forum for yourself ...solely SA... takes all of a few miutes ...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.