Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Good news for corruption

Good news for corruption

Old Apr 6th 2009, 10:26 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Good news for corruption

Zuma charges dropped
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle6041446.ece

Yet again, when the chance comes to get something right, they get it wrong.

When people ask, as they do continually ask, "Duh! How did it happen?" when they try to work out the serial degradation of Africa, well take a good hard look, because this is how it happens.

My oh my, there are going to be some scores to settle when this thick corrupt polygamous woman-abuser becomes president.
Old Apr 6th 2009, 1:48 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good news for corruption

Why anyone expected anything is surprising. Zuma can now slide all the way down to Mugabe's level and know that the only consequences are mutterings of disapproval. Yes, he fits the bill for the new and improved South Africa. His comrades are salivating at what they can get up to next. All I know is - is that my family members now know there is only one way forward and that is to get the hell out of there.
Old Apr 7th 2009, 11:05 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

And thus it begins.

CHARGE ZUMA PLOTTERS, SAYS ANC
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?newsl...5a1a20090407at

I think the most nauseating comment reported on the BBC radio over the past couple of days was the ANC spokesman who claimed that the dropping of the charges against Zuma was 'a triumph for the rule of law'.

But this, of course, is how it is done. Claim that black is white, and there will be some fools who will believe it.

Next stage, no doubt, will be to change the South African constitution so that presidents cannot be brought to book. And why not include all ANC MPs while you're at it, eh?
Old Apr 7th 2009, 1:22 pm

ededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond reputeededed has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Pablo
And thus it begins.

CHARGE ZUMA PLOTTERS, SAYS ANC
http://www.iol.co.za/index.php?newsl...5a1a20090407at

I think the most nauseating comment reported on the BBC radio over the past couple of days was the ANC spokesman who claimed that the dropping of the charges against Zuma was 'a triumph for the rule of law'.

But this, of course, is how it is done. Claim that black is white, and there will be some fools who will believe it.

Next stage, no doubt, will be to change the South African constitution so that presidents cannot be brought to book. And why not include all ANC MPs while you're at it, eh?
Bingo. This brings shame to South Africa - and the ANC simply don't understand (or care) about the harm this does to the credibility of the country. Would you invest in a country that had a suspected crook in charge?

The problem for me isn't so much his innocence or guilt - but the revolting sight of this Mugabe wannabe squirming and sliding to prevent him from answering these charges in court - technicalities which don't appear to affect the material facts of the case in any way. Had he gone to court and been found not guilty, then fair enough - but the NPA have either been bought, nobbled or they lost their balls - either way, SA is a much poorer place as a result of this.