Favorite S.A. food

Old Nov 21st 2007, 8:50 am

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice
Default Re: Favorite S.A. food

Originally Posted by cocopops
Biltong love the stuff harrods in london sell it but I dont get there very often anyone know how to make it let me know I also miss boerevourse and meelipap (spelt wrong) grew up in SA and have happy memories a lot has changed left in 1975 aged 11 can still speak some afrikaans !!!!!!!!!!!!
Welcome to BE

Here is a great site where you can learn to make your own biltong. Many of us have used to to make ours over the years.

http://www.biltongbox.com/

It also has a boerewors recipe link.

Pap can be made from white corn meal. Boil some water in a pot, add salt, and when boiling, throw some white corn meal in and stir.

To make a sauce to go over, just dice up two large onions or so, add a can of diced tomatoes, fry up with some salt and pepper, cook on low with a little bisto in water. Delicious.
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 12:19 am
Just Joined

cocopops is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Favorite S.A. food

Thanks redlippie will check out the sites now as for the pap my mum used to make a tomato sauce for the pap and this could be the one didnt mention it in my post thought it may have been her recipe!!!!!!!!!!
Old Nov 22nd 2007, 4:43 pm

Redlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really niceRedlippie is just really nice
Default Re: Favorite S.A. food

Originally Posted by cocopops
Thanks redlippie will check out the sites now as for the pap my mum used to make a tomato sauce for the pap and this could be the one didnt mention it in my post thought it may have been her recipe!!!!!!!!!!
Hope it helped. Nah, all southern africans make it to eat with their pap