Do we move back?

Old Apr 11th 2006, 11:02 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Do we move back?

I see in the news today that Ken Kirsten, the film director, who recently returned to live in SA after living in Palm Spring, USA, was gunned down and killed while walking his dog in Northcliff. What a waste. I always find it particularly wretched when someone decides to *return* and then is murdered.

Pablo
Old Apr 11th 2006, 4:51 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pablo
I see in the news today that Ken Kirsten, the film director, who recently returned to live in SA after living in Palm Spring, USA, was gunned down and killed while walking his dog in Northcliff. What a waste. I always find it particularly wretched when someone decides to *return* and then is murdered.

Pablo
I'm sure that the 'Homecoming Revolution' idiots must be very proud.
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:21 am
BE Enthusiast

Ray51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud ofRay51 has much to be proud of

And now Brett Goldin and and Richard Bloom got murdered , in Cape Town !
HomeComingRevolution , indeed !
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:30 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ray51
And now Brett Goldin and and Richard Bloom got murdered , in Cape Town !
HomeComingRevolution , indeed !
Yes indeed. Appalling. Just wait for 2010 when you have thousands of naive European football fans wandering round South Africa. Christmas will come early for the robbers rapists murderers and muggers that year.

Pablo
Old Apr 18th 2006, 8:02 pm
Account Closed

TouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really niceTouristTrap is just really nice

Originally Posted by Pablo
Yes indeed. Appalling. Just wait for 2010 when you have thousands of naive European football fans wandering round South Africa. Christmas will come early for the robbers rapists murderers and muggers that year.

Pablo
They don't listen, call us alarmists.

I recall watching a documentary on tv here a few years ago, and they showed a bunch of English tourists in the Transkei, who were deriding the South Africans that they knew in Joeys for having security gates between their bedrooms and living areas - sneering that they were paranoid and that they'd not encountered any crime in their two week stay. 'What fools' was the first thought that came to mind. I'm sure that people want to live in maximum security prison conditions just for the heck of it.
Old Apr 20th 2006, 7:29 pm
Just Joined

precisionlemon is an unknown quantity at this point

Howzit Britbabe
Im a saffa that just got my UK residency. Thought these links would help you when yo ucome back to the UK or even while in SA.
www.1stcontact.co.uk
www.breytenbachs.com - they are really helpful
http://www.britishhighcommission.gov...=1022686973044
And if your husband has the UK spouse visa all sorted and only wants citizenship, then you need to contact IND http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/
They too are pretty helpful since these are the people you ahve to contact in order to get the citizenship.

Hope this helps and you are surviving SA still.
Though I love it and my whole family are still there, I just cant make ends meet there and cant deal with life out there

Precisionlemon
Old Apr 21st 2006, 5:41 am
Britbabe

Britbabe is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by precisionlemon
Howzit Britbabe
Im a saffa that just got my UK residency. Thought these links would help you when yo ucome back to the UK or even while in SA.
www.1stcontact.co.uk
www.breytenbachs.com - they are really helpful
http://www.britishhighcommission.gov...=1022686973044
And if your husband has the UK spouse visa all sorted and only wants citizenship, then you need to contact IND http://www.ind.homeoffice.gov.uk/
They too are pretty helpful since these are the people you ahve to contact in order to get the citizenship.

Hope this helps and you are surviving SA still.
Though I love it and my whole family are still there, I just cant make ends meet there and cant deal with life out there

Precisionlemon
Howzit! Precisionlemon,
Thanks for your helpful info, we have decided to move back and we are going at the beginning of June. We made a phone call and hey presto we both have full time jobs waiting for our return?! We are quite excited about going back and will miss SA dreadfully but the more we carry on and the more people we speak to there's not much optimism. Our own SA family don't think things will get better for us in our lifetime, like I've said before I hope something is done for the future generations, it's a shame to see such a beautiful country go to waste. Thanks everyone for your comments.
Old Apr 21st 2006, 6:13 am
BE Forum Addict

Luma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond reputeLuma has a reputation beyond repute

Good luck with your move back in June. That is great that you will have jobs to go to makes the whole process so much easier and less stressful.

Originally Posted by Britbabe
Howzit! Precisionlemon,
Thanks for your helpful info, we have decided to move back and we are going at the beginning of June. We made a phone call and hey presto we both have full time jobs waiting for our return?! We are quite excited about going back and will miss SA dreadfully but the more we carry on and the more people we speak to there's not much optimism. Our own SA family don't think things will get better for us in our lifetime, like I've said before I hope something is done for the future generations, it's a shame to see such a beautiful country go to waste. Thanks everyone for your comments.