Reload this Page >

Bring me my machine gun

Bring me my machine gun

Old Oct 7th 2008, 10:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stanley10 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Bring me my machine gun

Originally Posted by Pablo
Your question is absurd. It presupposes I have some privileged access to the judge's mind. Like so much that you post here, it is designed merely to deceive.

However, it is safe to assume that the judge did not have access to knowledge of Zuma's, and the victim's, subsequent history.
You are the one who refuses to accept the judgement, I can see no reason for this, and you have not provided one. Perhaps, until you can demonstrate where the judge got it wrong, and you have it right, that we accept the judgement and move on.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 12:36 am
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Actually guys, If I may?
This is Puerile and developed into who can pee highest.

Hypothetical,SA's way of choosing who will lead SA is down to a name on a Ballot paper as opposed to a party.

Pabs is highly unlikely to vote for the Jacob .
The question is wether Stan or Jugs will?
Old Oct 8th 2008, 2:26 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Daxk
Hypothetical,SA's way of choosing who will lead SA is down to a name on a Ballot paper as opposed to a party.

Definitely not, whilst he was acquittted of the rape charge, he certainly demonstrated poor judgement and lack of morals during and after the incident. The corruption charges around the arms deal still need to be resolved (not likely to happen before the next election if ever). The way he got the leadership position, and some of his backers, are somewhat distasteful. Overall it says a lot about the ANC that they chose this man as their leader (scary thought is that he may turn out better than Mbeki).
Old Oct 8th 2008, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Actually guys, If I may?
This is Puerile and developed into who can pee highest.

No Daxk. The question is serious. It is a question of what kind of evidence should (and does) a rational person admit into his judgement when determining who is an appropriate person to be head of state.

My contention is that the bar to what constitutes admissible evidence is necessarily more restrictive in a court case, especially in criminal cases. This is enshrined in the usual requirement that guilt must be proven, rather than innocence proven.

But I contend that it is not reasonable, or appropriate, to apply such restrictions outside the courtroom. Nor, in practice, is this how people live their lives, or form their judgements. To suggest that the matter is closed just because Zuma was acquitted is to make a mockery of human society by reducing it to the status of a court room.

You can see the wider implications of this increasingly common confusion all around you, especially in Europe and the USA, where so called experts constantly try to persuade the rest of us that this or that certificate or diploma or other imprimatur should require us to suspend our normal faculties of human judgement.

Last edited by Pablo; Oct 8th 2008 at 8:58 am.
Old Oct 8th 2008, 9:21 am
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Pablo,everyone is then on the same page.
I think any rational logical person knows that Non-consensual S*x took place,
and that Shaiks Trial proved that Zuma is Guilty at the very least of not declaring Parliamentary Priviledge iro gifts recieved.
Which is also a dismissable offence

Personally,I think the prosecution failed in both instances, a weak case that Kemp kemp drove a truck through and not prosecuting Zuma with Shaik.

I also think that Nicholson let the moment go to his head and went too far in his comments.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 2:54 am
BE Enthusiast

No Daxk. The question is serious. It is a question of what kind of evidence should (and does) a rational person admit into his judgement when determining who is an appropriate person to be head of state.
you've moved the goalposts Pabs, the question was is he or isn't he a rapist?

My contention is that the bar to what constitutes admissible evidence is necessarily more restrictive in a court case, especially in criminal cases. This is enshrined in the usual requirement that guilt must be proven, rather than innocence proven.
More restrictive than what? A kangaroo court? Trial by media?
What evidence was barred in this case?

But I contend that it is not reasonable, or appropriate, to apply such restrictions outside the courtroom. Nor, in practice, is this how people live their lives, or form their judgements.
So again Pabs I ask you, what do you know that the judge didn't? (4th time, still waiting for an answer)

But I contend that it is not reasonable, or appropriate, to apply such restrictions outside the courtroom. Nor, in practice, is this how people live their lives, or form their judgements. To suggest that the matter is closed just because Zuma was acquitted is to make a mockery of human society by reducing it to the status of a court room.
So why bother with courts Pabs? Perhaps we should form lynch mobs, then we'll have justice a la Pabs.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 2:59 am
BE Enthusiast

Pablo,everyone is then on the same page.
I think any rational logical person knows that Non-consensual S*x took place,
and that Shaiks Trial proved that Zuma is Guilty at the very least of not declaring Parliamentary Priviledge iro gifts recieved.
Which is also a dismissable offence

Personally,I think the prosecution failed in both instances, a weak case that Kemp kemp drove a truck through and not prosecuting Zuma with Shaik.

I also think that Nicholson let the moment go to his head and went too far in his comments.
Judge Van der Merwe found it was consensual, is he irrational or illogical?
Shaiks trial proved nothing about Zuma (unfortunately).
Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Judge Van der Merwe found it was consensual, is he irrational or illogical?
Shaiks trial proved nothing about Zuma (unfortunately).

If Memory serves(and I'm not going to read through the whole trial again)
When Zuma was asked by Prosecution wether she had said no, his reply was that she may have but that it was the way of a Zulu man to ignore such things at that time. Kindly allow me some licence in the words but the inference was clear. wether she said no had no meaning to Zuma.

The Ruling Judge in summation found that the Financial relationship between Zuma and Shaik was corrupt.
The NPA had decided to trial separately.
I repeat the prosecution of both cases left much to be desired.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 7:46 am
BE Forum Addict

Pablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond reputePablo has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Stanley10

More restrictive than what? A kangaroo court? Trial by media?
What evidence was barred in this case?

So again Pabs I ask you, what do you know that the judge didn't? (4th time, still waiting for an answer)

So why bother with courts Pabs? Perhaps we should form lynch mobs, then we'll have justice a la Pabs.
As I suspected, you just don't get it. It's like trying to teach a monkey Latin.
Old Oct 9th 2008, 12:09 pm
Nuts and Bolts

Tegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond reputeTegwyn has a reputation beyond repute

For the record Stan, when a woman is made to have sex against her will, it is then called rape, even if she submitted. Still was not something she wanted but must have felt pressured to do. First world standards you know.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:04 am
BE Enthusiast

If Memory serves(and I'm not going to read through the whole trial again) When Zuma was asked by Prosecution wether she had said no, his reply was that she may have but that it was the way of a Zulu man to ignore such things at that time. Kindly allow me some licence in the words but the inference was clear. wether she said no had no meaning to Zuma.
I think I have already provided Zuma's statement, in which he claerly states she did not say no, and that if she had he would have stopped (easy for him to say I know). I took the trouble to read through the judgement again, and found the following:

From the complainant's testimony
"During the intercourse the complainant did not tell the accused to stop. The reason being that she could not talk, she could not move and she could not do anything"

"The complainant further conceded that the fact that she had not said anything to the accused during the intercourse to convey her refusal to him, would be an issue in the matter."

"In cross-examination the complainant was asked the following question: "You gave no indication during this process to your rapist that you are objecting to what is going on. Is that right?" The answer is: "That is correct yes." "

And from the defendant's testimony:

"He said that he hesitated a bit which caused the complainant to say that he could not leave her in that situation"

And finally the judges statement:

" it appears to be very odd that from the time the complainant assisted in rolling onto her back and having her clothes removed, she did not utter a single “no” "

I trust that this is sufficient evidence that she did not say no, not that that necessarily means that it was consensual. However, I have also already shown where the judge found that it was consensual.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:07 am
BE Enthusiast

The Ruling Judge in summation found that the Financial relationship between Zuma and Shaik was corrupt.
The NPA had decided to trial separately.
I repeat the prosecution of both cases left much to be desired.
Yes, but Zuma has yet to give a defence. If this case was so easy, it would have been done and dusted years ago.

Last edited by Stanley10; Oct 10th 2008 at 1:19 am.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:09 am
BE Enthusiast

As I suspected, you just don't get it. It's like trying to teach a monkey Latin.
Yet again Pabs, more insults and no answer, Getting boring.
Old Oct 10th 2008, 1:19 am
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Tegwyn
For the record Stan, when a woman is made to have sex against her will, it is then called rape, even if she submitted. Still was not something she wanted but must have felt pressured to do. First world standards you know.
First world standards ? Yet justice a la Pabs is acceptable?
Old Oct 10th 2008, 7:41 am
BE Forum Addict

Yes, but Zuma has yet to give a defence. If this case was so easy, it would have been done and dusted years ago.
Then why does Zuma not go to Court, it would be so much better to have his name cleared?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.