Born In East London

Old Mar 6th 2008, 10:53 pm
Forum Regular

janinekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nice
Default Born In East London

Hi, wonder if you could help. My partner was born in South Africa, East London to be exact. So he already has passport etc. Bit what we want to know is what life is like out there now. He came to England 15 years ago. Is it expensive? Is it safe?. We would look at moving to Cape Town. Anybody have any advice please.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 11:10 pm
Senior Moment

Mitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond reputeMitzyboy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Born In East London

Hi Janine, & welcome to the forum

If you and he spend some time browsing through this forum I think it might give you an idea, from the perspective of those who have left there and those that also have family and friends back there.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 11:11 pm
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Janine, I have a 9 year old daughter,if I won the euro millions,the last place on Earth I would take my daughter to live is SA.
Old Mar 6th 2008, 11:13 pm
Forum Regular

janinekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nicejaninekidd is just really nice

i think I have my answer. Thank you. Its such a shame my partner loved it there
Old Mar 6th 2008, 11:16 pm
Forum Regular

thanks for your response. We lived in Oz for 6 months on a temp visa. We are trying to find a nice place to emigrate to that doesnt cost the earth but is perfect for children and pets. And you dont need to sepn a year to get a visa. We will be taking £10,000 pounds but thats it. My partner iis a mechanic. Anybody have any ideas. Im all out. Cyprus is apprently very expensive. SA is out completely. Dubia a no no. Need help !!!
Old Mar 6th 2008, 11:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

Stanley10 is an unknown quantity at this point

Whats wrong with Oz?
Old Mar 7th 2008, 7:13 am
Forum Regular

nothing is wrong with Oz in general apart from being very expensive. The way I look at it you have to be earning about $80,000 to survive. My partner was on $33,000 nothing for over there. We were told he would be on at least $60,000 plus overtime. Rent was $275 a week, car £130 a week ( this was cos it had to be paid off in 4 years) and anyone who is out there knows that everyday food shopping is stupid prices. We came back after 6 months just couldnt afford to survive.
Old Mar 7th 2008, 8:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Pugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud ofPugsy has much to be proud of

It just goes to show how the cost of living in the UK is really much more affordable than some people think. Have you thought about moving somwhere else in the UK, somewhere with a better lifestyle, cheaper houses, better schooling, a quieter life, the coast, etc. There's many places like that.
Old Mar 12th 2008, 6:01 pm
Forum Regular

Brav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to allBrav is a name known to all

Malta?
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:08 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by janinekidd
thanks for your response. We lived in Oz for 6 months on a temp visa. We are trying to find a nice place to emigrate to that doesnt cost the earth but is perfect for children and pets. And you dont need to sepn a year to get a visa. We will be taking £10,000 pounds but thats it. My partner iis a mechanic. Anybody have any ideas. Im all out. Cyprus is apprently very expensive. SA is out completely. Dubia a no no. Need help !!!
Hi there,

You looked at New Zealand ?

it is not South Africa and not wartless but, it is a great place to raise kids.

is your partner a diesel mech ?

I am not too sure but i think mechanics are on the skills shortage list in NZ.

I suggest, hop over to the NZ forum on this site and post a question, they are a very helpful bunch and soon get you some good pointers.

What do you do ?

Cheers & good luck

PS: Heaps of SAers over here and lots more coming in
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:11 am
BE Enthusiast

Thought you had had enough of NZ?
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:40 am
Banned

Campbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to beholdCampbells is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Stanley10
Thought you had had enough of NZ?
I am not settled

My wife & son are

triggered by a return to Scotland (home I guess) in Jan.

I never said I had enough of NZ

Stan, stop being a dick, really

You still haven’t answer the question you have been asked many times

Why are you in Australia when you keep telling people how great South Africa is
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:43 am
BE Enthusiast

So I'm a "dick" now?
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:56 am
BE Forum Addict

Daxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond reputeDaxk has a reputation beyond repute

Kindly call Stanley10 a Harry, Fred , a small cardboard box in Afrikaans,anything other than a Dick.
Thank you.
Dick.
Old Mar 13th 2008, 12:58 am
BE Forum Addict

OK,OK, In the spirit of reconciliation,I will change my name to medium Dick,
Dammit

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.