Reload this Page >

Anyone moving small pets from Africa to France, Help please

Anyone moving small pets from Africa to France, Help please

Old Jul 3rd 2009, 12:55 pm
Just Joined

Hemmy Ennis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anyone moving small pets from Africa to France, Help please

Hi all,
my beloved hubby is thinking of taking a post in Zambia, and our lovely and slightly insane cats (bit like their owners will be coming too.

My concern is will we be able to move them to France after being in Zambia for 2yrs? They'll be fully vaccinated - incl rabies - microchipped (in Britain) and will have a PETS passport before we go.

Anyone doing this or maybe has done this or similar recently?
Any advice gratefully received.
Thanks
Hemmy x
Old Jul 16th 2009, 7:06 pm
Just Joined

homesickchick is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Anyone moving small pets from Africa to France, Help please

Hi - not from France to SA but we bought over our cats from UK. No problems at all bringing them in but you will definately encounter problems taking them back. They will need quarantine for 6 months to enter UK for us if we go but it may be different in France. You will need to check out with the French Embassy on their restrictions regarding importing pets into France. It doesn't matter if they have come from a rabies free country but if you have lived in a rabies risk country then normal quarantine applies.

Good luck and we are glad we bought them with us - better we know their fate and they spend 6 months in quarantine on the way back if need be. Its costly and I've been told cats don't have any concept of time - they just sleep a shed load.

All the best in Zambia - its gorgeous
Old Jul 21st 2009, 2:05 pm
BE Forum Addict

val50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond reputeval50 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hemmy Ennis
Hi all,
my beloved hubby is thinking of taking a post in Zambia, and our lovely and slightly insane cats (bit like their owners will be coming too.

My concern is will we be able to move them to France after being in Zambia for 2yrs? They'll be fully vaccinated - incl rabies - microchipped (in Britain) and will have a PETS passport before we go.

Anyone doing this or maybe has done this or similar recently?
Any advice gratefully received.
Thanks
Hemmy x

We moved from South Africe via Namibia to France - took 2 dogs and 3 cats with us.
There was no quarantine, just had to get form signed by vet to say animals were healthy 24 hours before they flew. You can get documents from French embassy. We found them really helpful and there were no hastles when the animals landed in Paris
Old Jul 22nd 2009, 9:47 am
Just Joined

Hemmy Ennis is an unknown quantity at this point

thankyou so much, thats a real help and encouragement.

Heather