Anyone for cricket?

Old Jan 6th 2006, 5:06 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of
Default Anyone for cricket?

Hey Shellfish.....

I think the point you made about the Aussie's only being better at cricket because they think they are better is spot on! SA doesn't seem to have much self belief and because they think they aren't as good they aren't.....not so long ago we were at least on a par with the Aussies in terms of the limited overs version - now I'm dreading the forthcoming VB Series because the SA team seems to have very little fire power in their bowlers. This afternoon was a perfect example as 287 shouldn't have been quite so easy to get as Ponting et al made it look! Here's hoping the SA tour will be a bit more entertaining for us Protea supporters.

Did anyone get to see any of the matches in the flesh?
Old Jan 9th 2006, 4:17 am
BE Forum Addict

Shellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of lightShellfish is a glorious beacon of light
Default Re: Anyone for cricket?

Hi again,

We went to the boxing day test at the MCG, it was great to be at the ground and see SA and Australia play but I don't think I will ever go to a boxing day match again. My parents were over on holiday and my dad loves cricket so I took them to watch the game and I was actually very embarrased. The crowd behaved like such a bunch of hooligans, they weren't even there to watch the game. The idea seemed to be to down as much beer as they could and then scream out an array of four letter words at the players. We had beer poured on us, drunk people falling on us, the crowd in front of standing most of the time so we couldn't see anything and girls taking their tops off (funnily enough, that's when my husband stopped complaining ). I am no stick in the mud and have been to many sporting events (soccer, cricket, rugby and tennis) in three different countries and so I am well aware that a certain amount of banter goes on but this went on the whole day and it got tired very quickly. I liken the crowd at the boxing day test to the yobs who were at the Cronulla riots I think I'll stick to teh Australian open where the biggest yob at the event will be Lleyton Hewitt
Old Jan 9th 2006, 4:49 am
Ping Pong Wannabe

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of
Default Re: Anyone for cricket?

we almost went to the Boxing Day test....but an Aussie friend of ours warned us about the yobs. As we have two little ones we decided against it. That's a real shame that your day was spoilt like that though.

Apparently the family enclosure is better than the seating.