Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > Rest of the World > Africa
Reload this Page >

Any forums for ex South Africans?

Any forums for ex South Africans?

Old Jul 25th 2006, 10:55 am
Forum Regular

rossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nicerossfive5 is just really nice
Default Re: Any forums for ex South Africans?

I was having coffee at a cafe on the beach last week and there were at least 20 surfers in the waves! And, like Cape Town, it is the middle of winter here. The current runs down the coast from the warm north so I dont think it is as cold as the water at Llandudno or Clifton. As for the wind, the closer you are to the coast, the windier it is. I think it is windier in December like Cape Town. I remember nearly being blown down Adderley street trying to get to work. In summer people here welcome the cool afternoon breeze as it can get to 40 degrees. They call it the Fremantle doctor (like the Cape doctor). I think the weather in Perth is warmer than Cape Town and more reliable, not four seasons in a day. If you have ever read the book about Australia by Bill Bryson, he said Perth has the weather California thinks it has.

One of the reasons we did not look south of the river when we arrived, is because the oil refineries and other big industry is on the coast between Freo and Rockingham. Not our cup of tea.