Sage Line 50 Course

Old Jul 20th 2006, 2:07 am
Can't wait!

utopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond repute
Default Sage Line 50 Course

Hi All,

I am hoping you would be so kind as to give me abit of advice?

I am starting to worry as to whether I am Employable....

I have alot of work experience within the UK.

I didn't quite finish my Law and Criminology Degree, but as soon as I realised that I had basically suffered from burn out..

I decided to do other roles, and follow a different direction in my Career.

My last role was as a Credit Controller and Administrator.

I am considering doing a couple of intensive courses in Sage Line 50 and other short intensive courses. Is this a good idea?

Would it increase my chances of employment? Sounds like a daft question but would employers in Sydney in particular recognise these courses?

I am looking at Administrative Positions.....Finance/Credit Control etc.

I am just freaking out abit, being a mother of 2 very young children, all this time I have concentrated so much on the family and home that I forgot about myself basically!

Now I have to think about my career and gaining employment in Aus. I must admit it is stressing me out.

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance :-)
Old Jul 20th 2006, 3:16 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Sage Line 50 Course

Originally Posted by utopia
Hi All,

I am hoping you would be so kind as to give me abit of advice?

I am starting to worry as to whether I am Employable....

I have alot of work experience within the UK.

I didn't quite finish my Law and Criminology Degree, but as soon as I realised that I had basically suffered from burn out..

I decided to do other roles, and follow a different direction in my Career.

My last role was as a Credit Controller and Administrator.

I am considering doing a couple of intensive courses in Sage Line 50 and other short intensive courses. Is this a good idea?

Would it increase my chances of employment? Sounds like a daft question but would employers in Sydney in particular recognise these courses?

I am looking at Administrative Positions.....Finance/Credit Control etc.

I am just freaking out abit, being a mother of 2 very young children, all this time I have concentrated so much on the family and home that I forgot about myself basically!

Now I have to think about my career and gaining employment in Aus. I must admit it is stressing me out.

Any words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated

Thank you in advance :-)
Wouldn't bother doing a Sage course as the product is only just being introduced here. From what I hear Ozzies don't like it - don't know why?

The no. 1 package here is MYOB - you would probably have to wait until you arrive to do a course here. There are 2-3 day courses available.

In addition to Sage I used Quickbooks in the UK and you do quite often see job ads requiring this so perhaps look at a course in QB?

I picked up work fairly quickly with my QB skills but I am being paid less than in the UK and there is little flexibility in working hours for mums!

HTH
Old Jul 20th 2006, 11:18 am
Can't wait!

utopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond reputeutopia has a reputation beyond repute

Thank you so much!

Is it worth while doing a course and gaining a certificate in the UK, or would the employer prefer that you gained certification in Australia?

I don't want to waste money nor time, so before I make this sort of decision I am trying to get as much info as possible sorry for all the questions...

Is anyone else studying or did a course in any of the packages above before leaving the UK, and ifso how did the Aussie employer react towards your Certificate from the UK?

Thanks again
Old Jul 21st 2006, 1:18 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Is it worth while doing a course and gaining a certificate in the UK, or would the employer prefer that you gained certification in Australia?

I don't want to waste money nor time, so before I make this sort of decision I am trying to get as much info as possible sorry for all the questions...

Is anyone else studying or did a course in any of the packages above before leaving the UK, and ifso how did the Aussie employer react towards your Certificate from the UK?

Thanks again
I was never asked to present any certificates (in fact I don't have any - other than my Degree!). It was more a case of experience using the package. It does make me cross however because the job I am doing could be taught to anyone with half a brain! It's just a case of getting your foot in the door and proving yourself. Recruitment consultants out here are the pits (not much different to the UK then?). My advice would be to apply for lots of jobs on Seek.com.au and actually go and see some consultants rather than wait for them to call you. Lie if you need to and tell them that you can do so-and-so and then deal with it when you get in the employer's door! Be prepared to do anything (within reason) and accept a lower wage than you may be used to. Just need to get that all important Ozzie experience!

HTH
Old Jul 21st 2006, 9:33 am
Can't wait!

Originally Posted by OzSheila
I was never asked to present any certificates (in fact I don't have any - other than my Degree!). It was more a case of experience using the package. It does make me cross however because the job I am doing could be taught to anyone with half a brain! It's just a case of getting your foot in the door and proving yourself. Recruitment consultants out here are the pits (not much different to the UK then?). My advice would be to apply for lots of jobs on Seek.com.au and actually go and see some consultants rather than wait for them to call you. Lie if you need to and tell them that you can do so-and-so and then deal with it when you get in the employer's door! Be prepared to do anything (within reason) and accept a lower wage than you may be used to. Just need to get that all important Ozzie experience!

HTH
Thank you so much... I'm looking at jobs now in Sydney, and there seems to be plentiful.

But I guess its landing one lol

Thanks again
Old Jul 21st 2006, 12:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

touchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond reputetouchingcloth has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know how much in demand Oracle Financial skills are (GL,AP,AR,Order Management)?

Thanks
TC
Old Jul 24th 2006, 4:19 am
A former regular of BE

worzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond reputeworzel has a reputation beyond repute

MYOB and SAP seem to be the systems of choice over here on the basis of my limited experience.
Old Jul 27th 2006, 1:48 pm
Banned

GinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond reputeGinaUK has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks again
I am currently enrolled on a distance learning module (LAW5219) with the University of Southern Queensland. When that finishes (November), I'll do a MYOB online training course with an Australian online trainer. Have a look here: http://www.intuitivetraining.com.au/about.htm

I don't think there is any point doing a UK MYOB course. I imagine the UK version of MYOB has PAYE and BACS interfaces, whereas you need to know how to use and apply the Oz versions of that: PAYG and BAS.

Gina
Old Jul 28th 2006, 9:54 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by GinaUK
I am currently enrolled on a distance learning module (LAW5219) with the University of Southern Queensland. When that finishes (November), I'll do a MYOB online training course with an Australian online trainer. Have a look here: http://www.intuitivetraining.com.au/about.htm

I don't think there is any point doing a UK MYOB course. I imagine the UK version of MYOB has PAYE and BACS interfaces, whereas you need to know how to use and apply the Oz versions of that: PAYG and BAS.

Gina
That looks interesting, Gina, I'll have a go at that when I get to Oz.