MYOB training

Old Apr 20th 2009, 10:06 am
Forum Regular

annamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant future
Default MYOB training

Hi Guys
Calling all accountants and book keepers!
I am migrating to Brisbane at the end of July.
I'm an accountant and want to do some training in MYOB before I arrive, as that seems to be what all the recruiters are recommending.

I've been told that I need to find training in the 'Premier' version of MYOB but would also like to get some background training in the book keeping/lower end processing versions so that I can pick up more junior temp work and be familiar with the software if need be.

I've tried contacting myob.com who only provide a really basic course and also AccountingCollege.com.au who offer a beginner, intermediate and advanced training package, however I am told that this doesn't include the Premier version and I am getting more than a bit confused!
Also they said that there is some legislation coming in regarding MYOB and book keeping training.

Can anyone tell me please what courses I should be doing and where to go on the net to find the course provider?!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 7:42 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: MYOB training

What on earth is "MYOB" training? Also an accountant, never heard of it and certainly not heard I need to do it before I mov e to Australia. :-)
Old Apr 21st 2009, 8:11 am
Forum Regular

annamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant future

MYOB is accounting software most used over there.
It appears that most employers want you to have experience in it. I'm going to do some online training before I leave!
Old Apr 21st 2009, 8:22 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
What on earth is "MYOB"?
MYOB = Mind Your Own Business

Only Aussies could come up with a name like that!
Old Apr 24th 2009, 11:05 pm
Has left the building

Geelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond reputeGeelong Gent has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by OzSheila
MYOB = Mind Your Own Business

Only Aussies could come up with a name like that!
Was the company not started by a kiwi
Old Apr 25th 2009, 11:53 am
BE Enthusiast

OzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to beholdOzSheila is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Geelong Gent
Was the company not started by a kiwi
OK then "Antipodeans" - one and the same as far as I am concerned.
Old Jun 1st 2009, 4:15 am
Just Joined

DPD83 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by annamichelle2310
Hi Guys
Calling all accountants and book keepers!
I am migrating to Brisbane at the end of July.
I'm an accountant and want to do some training in MYOB before I arrive, as that seems to be what all the recruiters are recommending.

I've been told that I need to find training in the 'Premier' version of MYOB but would also like to get some background training in the book keeping/lower end processing versions so that I can pick up more junior temp work and be familiar with the software if need be.

I've tried contacting myob.com who only provide a really basic course and also AccountingCollege.com.au who offer a beginner, intermediate and advanced training package, however I am told that this doesn't include the Premier version and I am getting more than a bit confused!
Also they said that there is some legislation coming in regarding MYOB and book keeping training.

Can anyone tell me please what courses I should be doing and where to go on the net to find the course provider?!
Hi,
Since you need to start doing a job as soon as possible it's more advzable to follow a MYOB short course which goes only for about 20 hours. I think it's more than enough since you already have accounting knowlege. Meantime you can download MYOB trial version which is easy to learn. Just do a google search on MYOB short courses. I migrated in Feb and currently studying the trial version. Also planning to do a short course either Monash or Holmeglen. There are many places.All the best.
Old Jun 4th 2009, 2:07 pm
BE Forum Addict

helloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant futurehelloshivahere has a brilliant future

I feel MYOB is as simple as other Accounting softwares. If you good in accounting and computer ( Basics) just download trail version 100MB+ and get installed in your syetem go ahead with your own training. I am doing the same .

MYOB, Quick Book, Pastel, Attache, Great Plain, Tally, WINGS load of tools but same ledger, TB, P& L, BS is in it
Old Jun 7th 2009, 12:47 pm
You will be mine in Hell.

Hellboy663 is on a distinguished road

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
What on earth is "MYOB" training? Also an accountant, never heard of it and certainly not heard I need to do it before I mov e to Australia. :-)
MYOB is actually an accounting software used by small companies and is useful to know for new migrants looking for a job, however, it would not be very useful for an experienced accountant who intends to work for an MNC or a large Australian company. In such cases, knowledge of ERP systems like SAP, JD Edwards, Hyperion or Cognos might be more useful.
Old Jun 18th 2009, 1:45 pm
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

MYOB is made for people without any accounting qualification. I just downloaded it from the internet when I came here three years ago. It is just too easy no need of attend any course. Again, too easy.