MODL Points

Old Apr 26th 2009, 4:03 pm
Forum Regular

M0zza is on a distinguished road
Default MODL Points

My wife has just received her positive skills assessment as an accountant 2211-11.

Does this mean she automaically gets the extra MODL points?

She does have the required work experience and can prove it, but MODL was not mentioned in her skills assessment results document.

How does she claim these points?

Regards,

Lee.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

CharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant futureCharleneG has a brilliant future
Default Re: MODL Points

Lee

I guess you are going to do your application online?
If so, you just upload the skills assessment as part of your application. This plus the proof of length of experience will award her the points.

The MODL is not mentioned in the skills assessment I guess in case they take accountant off the list.

Charlene
Old Apr 27th 2009, 4:42 am
You will be mine in Hell.

Hellboy663 is on a distinguished road

Though MODL is not mentioned in the skilled assessment, you can safely assure yourself that you will be awarded with the MODL points so long as the profession you are applying under is on the MODL list at the time of the processing of your application(not at the time you apply). However, if the profession is taken out of the MODL before your application is processed, then sorry, its too bad.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 8:55 am
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hellboy663
Though MODL is not mentioned in the skilled assessment, you can safely assure yourself that you will be awarded with the MODL points so long as the profession you are applying under is on the MODL list at the time of the processing of your application(not at the time you apply). However, if the profession is taken out of the MODL before your application is processed, then sorry, its too bad.
No, you get MODL points if your occupation is on the MODL list EITHER at the time you apply or when your application is processed.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 9:22 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by louie
No, you get MODL points if your occupation is on the MODL list EITHER at the time you apply or when your application is processed.
No Hellboy is correct, I have the online application form open in front of me and it states that if the MODL changes between time of application and time of assessment then points may change. Hopefully accountants will stay on MODL though.
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

louie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond reputelouie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Bermudashorts
No Hellboy is correct, I have the online application form open in front of me and it states that if the MODL changes between time of application and time of assessment then points may change. Hopefully accountants will stay on MODL though.
Your application for what? If you mean applying for the skills assessment then yes I would agree. If you mean applying for the visa (which is what I was referring to), then you get the points "if your nominated occupation is on the MODL list when you lodge your application OR when your application is assessed". That's a direct quote from page 28 of booklet 6 from the DIAC site here - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books6.htm
Old Apr 27th 2009, 7:20 pm
BE Forum Addict

And also here - http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/gener...-in-demand.htm

"How are occupation points awarded on the points test?

If your nominated occupation is on MODL either at the time your application is lodged or assessed, you will be eligible for 'occupation in demand/job offer' points on the General Skilled Migration points test."
Old Apr 27th 2009, 8:21 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

Your application for what? If you mean applying for the skills assessment then yes I would agree. If you mean applying for the visa (which is what I was referring to), then you get the points "if your nominated occupation is on the MODL list when you lodge your application OR when your application is assessed". That's a direct quote from page 28 of booklet 6 from the DIAC site here - http://www.immi.gov.au/allforms/booklets/books6.htm
The online GSM 175 application, I didn't realise skills assessment could be done online. Anyway on the page where it has totted up my points it says (amongst other things):

Changes to the Migration Occupation in Demand List and the Skilled Occupations List between the time of lodgement and time of assessment may affect the points awarded when your application is assessed

I certainly prefer the DIAC booklet you referred to but I was just reporting what it said on the screen in front of me.

Last edited by Bermudashorts; Apr 27th 2009 at 9:09 pm.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:39 am
You will be mine in Hell.

Hellboy663 is on a distinguished road

It was the case at the time of my application that your occupation had to be on the MODL list at the time your application is assessed. That was the case about 5 years ago. Could have changed now, I don't know. However, I'm not very clear about why they mentioned that your occupation has to be on the MODL list at the time your application is lodged or assessed. They could as well mention that it has to be there when it is lodged. Why did they mention or assessed in this case? So assume your occupation is on the MODL at the time you lodge your application but is taken out soon after before your application is processed, will you still be eligible for the points? I would advise people to be cautious about this area as you would not want unpleasent surprises. Better to check with DIAC just to be sure instead of just assuming that things are so.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 9:54 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

It was the case at the time of my application that your occupation had to be on the MODL list at the time your application is assessed. That was the case about 5 years ago. Could have changed now, I don't know. However, I'm not very clear about why they mentioned that your occupation has to be on the MODL list at the time your application is lodged or assessed. They could as well mention that it has to be there when it is lodged. Why did they mention or assessed in this case? So assume your occupation is on the MODL at the time you lodge your application but is taken out soon after before your application is processed, will you still be eligible for the points? I would advise people to be cautious about this area as you would not want unpleasent surprises. Better to check with DIAC just to be sure instead of just assuming that things are so.
Well the "lodged or assessed" would work both ways. On one hand somebody who is on the list when they lodge will get to keep the points even if it comes off the list when they are assessed. But on the other hand maybe an occupation is not on the list at the time of lodging but then comes on list by time of assessment and hence the applicant benefits and gets more points and faster processing.

But in any case, according to the note on my online application, which is at odds with the DIAC booklet, it appears that it is the list at time of assessment that counts. Being the case, I don't see what there is to check with DIAC, they are not going to be able to tell me what might happen in the future. I either lodge application and take chance that Accountants will remain MODL or I forget the whole idea as I don't have enought points without it.
Old Apr 28th 2009, 11:46 am
BE Forum Addict

It was the case at the time of my application that your occupation had to be on the MODL list at the time your application is assessed. That was the case about 5 years ago. Could have changed now
It changed on 1 July 2006.

They say mentioned or assessed so that you get the points if (a) the MODL includes your occupation when you lodge but not when your case is assessed, (b) the MODL does not include your occupation when it is lodged but does when it is assessed (as happened to some of the people caught by the investment bond fiasco) or (c) the MODL includes your occupation at both times.

I have to say I'm surprised by what Bermudashorts says about the comment on the online 175 application. Maybe that's something they are thinking about changing in the future, but I would have thought you'd be OK to rely on the contents of booklet 6 at the time you apply.