Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

ICAA Skills Asses CIMA Results !

ICAA Skills Asses CIMA Results !

Old Mar 16th 2006, 11:17 pm
Just Joined

DastardlynMutley is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ICAA Skills Asses CIMA Results !

I'm a CIMA member and sent off my PASA skills assessment letter a couple of weeks ago. I just got an email asking for my CIMA results! Looking at the form now I see it did ask for that but I would have thought the Membership Cert and Letter of good standing from CIMA would have been the core thing they wanted. I qualified back in 1997 and not even sure I still have all/any of the results letters. I also sent them a certified copy of my MSc in Accounting but this was only a year long so I'm not sure I could ask them just to use this for the assessment. This sounds a bit nuts in my opinion. The form also asks for employer references but I'm sure I've seen on here that they are not required, but I did include a couple of certified references to support my CV that I sent with the applicatio. Anyone any ideas, what I can do if I they insist on the results and I don't have them.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 12:12 am
Forum Regular

AnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant futureAnitaB has a brilliant future
Smile Re: ICAA Skills Asses CIMA Results !

Originally Posted by DastardlynMutley
I'm a CIMA member and sent off my PASA skills assessment letter a couple of weeks ago. I just got an email asking for my CIMA results! Looking at the form now I see it did ask for that but I would have thought the Membership Cert and Letter of good standing from CIMA would have been the core thing they wanted. I qualified back in 1997 and not even sure I still have all/any of the results letters. I also sent them a certified copy of my MSc in Accounting but this was only a year long so I'm not sure I could ask them just to use this for the assessment. This sounds a bit nuts in my opinion. The form also asks for employer references but I'm sure I've seen on here that they are not required, but I did include a couple of certified references to support my CV that I sent with the applicatio. Anyone any ideas, what I can do if I they insist on the results and I don't have them.
Hi
To avoid delay, contact CIMA and ask for duplicate exam results. The person dealing with your skills assessment will have to ensure you comply with their reuirements, hence the request for the exam results.
My hubby is ACCA and supplied references from work which he later realised he did not need to do but I am certain that CIMA members are supposed to provide references
HTH
AnitaB
Old Mar 17th 2006, 5:27 am
Confused member

SunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud ofSunshineGirl has much to be proud of
Default Re: ICAA Skills Asses CIMA Results !

I'm an FCMA and had to provide an employer reference which showed not only my detailed experience but also the number of hours I'd worked per week on average over the last 4 years.

I got a certificate of good standing from CIMA and also sent my exam results which, in my case, went back to the 80s (I keep everything) along with both my associateship and fellowship certificates. Everything was certified by my solicitor. (CIMA should give you a results summary along with the good standing certificate, if you haven't kept yours.)

Best thing is to contact CIMA as they know what they need to provide.

I got a positive assessment in just 10 days and my visa was approved not long after.

Good luck!

Last edited by SunshineGirl; Mar 17th 2006 at 5:31 am.
Old Mar 17th 2006, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

pippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud ofpippin lara has much to be proud of

I have used NIA for my CIMA skills assessment. They don't require an employers reference, which may be of use if you don't plan to tell them right away.

Sent my stuff off 1 month ago, so don't know if NIA are slower than ICAA (if that's an issue) or if it's just your luck how long it takes - although they did manage to process the $350 quite quickly!

David
Old Mar 17th 2006, 11:28 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by AnitaB
Hi
To avoid delay, contact CIMA and ask for duplicate exam results. The person dealing with your skills assessment will have to ensure you comply with their reuirements, hence the request for the exam results.
One of the reasons exam results are requested is so that they can ensure you became a member through the *normal* (exam-based) route and not through direct entry or mutual recognition.

My hubby is ACCA and supplied references from work which he later realised he did not need to do but I am certain that CIMA members are supposed to provide references
The forms have apparently suggested that, but Alan Collett posted recently that he checked with ICAA and confirmed they do not nomally need employer references.

Alternatively - get assessed by NIA (DIMA won't care).
Old Mar 18th 2006, 11:56 am
Just Joined

DastardlynMutley is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by JAJ
One of the reasons exam results are requested is so that they can ensure you became a member through the *normal* (exam-based) route and not through direct entry or mutual recognition.

The forms have apparently suggested that, but Alan Collett posted recently that he checked with ICAA and confirmed they do not nomally need employer references.

Alternatively - get assessed by NIA (DIMA won't care).
Thanks for the reply guys. I think I will need to contact CIMA as I've only managed to find results for stages 1 and 2. I only sent references covering my last 2 roles (2000-2004) and not anything prior to that, so that I had some support on my CV. They didn't ask for anything else on that so it's probably like Alan Collett suggested and maybe they aren't actually needed?