How long can it take fgs?!

Old Apr 25th 2006, 1:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of
Default How long can it take fgs?!

Blummin ACCA, dh sent his request over a month ago for his letter of good standing etc and they have still not sent it, despite several phone calls and emails. So now dh has decided to contact the head honcho and get it chased up again!

We are stuck till we get these pieces of paper, can't do a thing else, I need a banging my head against a brick wall emoticon.

I would not normally moan but they told us that their turn around is 7-10 working days, now its been around 22 working days so far!!! arrrggghhhh

there that feels better

Anyone got a bucket of patience?
Old Apr 25th 2006, 4:24 pm
PJA
Forum Regular

PJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant future
Default Re: How long can it take fgs?!

Originally Posted by milliesmum
Blummin ACCA, dh sent his request over a month ago for his letter of good standing etc and they have still not sent it, despite several phone calls and emails. So now dh has decided to contact the head honcho and get it chased up again!

We are stuck till we get these pieces of paper, can't do a thing else, I need a banging my head against a brick wall emoticon.

I would not normally moan but they told us that their turn around is 7-10 working days, now its been around 22 working days so far!!! arrrggghhhh

there that feels better

Anyone got a bucket of patience?

We had the same, were told 7-10 days and it took 3 weeks! My hubby phoned several times and several excuses were made like 'due to new compuer systems being installed'! So frustrating! Finally admitted our skills assessment 17 April but our now worried the processing time is 6-8 weeks on that which will also seem like forever too!!

Keep chasing them up!!

When you get it you'll wonder why it took so long, when it's all of 2 sentences!

Good Luck

Jane
Old Apr 25th 2006, 4:31 pm
BE Enthusiast

milliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud ofmilliesmum has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by PJA
We had the same, were told 7-10 days and it took 3 weeks! My hubby phoned several times and several excuses were made like 'due to new compuer systems being installed'! So frustrating! Finally admitted our skills assessment 17 April but our now worried the processing time is 6-8 weeks on that which will also seem like forever too!!

Keep chasing them up!!

When you get it you'll wonder why it took so long, when it's all of 2 sentences!

Good Luck

Jane
Thanks Jane!

Sorry to see we are not the only ones, although its hardly rocket science is it

I need to get some patience! I thought ACCA would be ok, 7 -10 days seemed reasonable esp as I had geared myself up for the visa and SA taking ages so was surprised at the inefficiency of ACCA.

I hope your SA goes through quickly
Old Apr 25th 2006, 4:39 pm
PJA
Forum Regular

PJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant futurePJA has a brilliant future

Thanks Jane!

Sorry to see we are not the only ones, although its hardly rocket science is it

I need to get some patience! I thought ACCA would be ok, 7 -10 days seemed reasonable esp as I had geared myself up for the visa and SA taking ages so was surprised at the inefficiency of ACCA.

I hope your SA goes through quickly

Thanks,

I know exactly how you feel, we're not the most patient of people and had everything ready within a couple of days except for that so it was really frustrating and everytime my hubby phoned them they said 'well it hasn't been done yet but we'll look into it'! And everyday my husband waited for the post before setting off to work just it case if arrived and we could send off everything! What a nightmare!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

There's a good webiste www.austimeline.com in which you can view peoples timelines for skills assessments and visas which is worth looking at when you do get it off!! We're down as asha152!

Best wishes

Jane
Old Apr 25th 2006, 5:01 pm
BE Enthusiast

Where in Brisbane are you headed? We are planning on going there too!

Although at the rate we are going it will be 2008 before we get there

Thanks for the link, will register there once we send our assessment off
Old Apr 25th 2006, 5:09 pm
PJA
Forum Regular

Where in Brisbane are you headed? We are planning on going there too!

Although at the rate we are going it will be 2008 before we get there

Thanks for the link, will register there once we send our assessment off

We're going out for a trip end of May to have a look around, but looking at the Western suburbs; mainly Chapel Hill, Graceville and Sherwood to enable hubby easy access to the city. He travels to Tunbridge Wells everyday at the moment which takes an hour but have been told even though Chapel Hill is only 9kms from CBD it'll take 40 mins on the bus commuter time! Graceville and Sherwood have train stations which is better but the properties seem more expensive - that's probably why? How about you?

We have a 12, 10 and 2 year old and have emailed Graceville Primary and Indooroopilly High to have a look around as they have been recommended by other ex-pats!

We've done lots of research but may feel completely different once we've been there!

Hoping to be over there November/December this year!

What are your plans?

Jane
Old Apr 25th 2006, 5:49 pm
BE Enthusiast

We are thinking about Bayside, but will not decide where to rent etc until we get there.

We have 3 children too, although mine are younger then yours, dd1 will be 7 on Sunday, ds will be 4 next month and dd2 was 1 in March so I have my hands full.

Dh will also need to be within a reasonable commuting ditance of the cbd too, we like the sound of Bayside because its a bit cooler there and I have always wanted to live by the sea

Dh works in London atm and his commute is over an hour and he is well and truly fed up with it esp after 15 odd years of the tube

I don't work, am a lady of leisure (well sort of) do you work?
Old Apr 25th 2006, 5:51 pm
BE Enthusiast

oh and I am dead jealous of your trip we would love to go but dh can't take any more time off work this year, we have 2 family weddings and associated stag/hen weekends as well as other commitements that we cannot wriggle out of so we are not able to go until next year anyway.

We are planning on going in April.
Old Apr 25th 2006, 6:04 pm
PJA
Forum Regular

oh and I am dead jealous of your trip we would love to go but dh can't take any more time off work this year, we have 2 family weddings and associated stag/hen weekends as well as other commitements that we cannot wriggle out of so we are not able to go until next year anyway.

We are planning on going in April.

Lady of leisure too!! Ha Ha! With lively 2 year old at home and non stop after school clubs with kids and watching son's footy matches in the cold and wet every weekend!! Was once a secretary/PA and have done a childcare course since being a stay-at-home mum!

We actually live 5 mins walk from the beach here but obviously the weather is quite different so don't go often!

Bayside seems really popular with ex-pats, how long is the commuting distance from there?

Hubby's been qualified 8 years now (FCCA), hoping for more quality family time there.

I've never been to Oz before, hubby has once - he has a sister, brother-in-law and a nephew and a niece in Mackay, Queensland.

We'll have to keep in contact, if we get over there before the end of year, we can advise you on things before you get over in Spring!

PM me when you get your letter and I'll PM you when we get our skills!

Forgot to ask - r u using an agent? We're using Go Matilda.

Best Wishes

Jane
Old Apr 25th 2006, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Dh is a FCCA too! Has been qualified for 6 or 7 years now.

We are using an agent too, George Lombard and he has been great so far!

Bayside has a good train line direct into the cbd and varies from 50 mins to 25 mins travelling time, there is also a good bus service from other parts of seast brisbane.

I have been to Oz several times when younger and I have quite a few aunts, uncles and cousins there, in Melbourne and Sydney, also Adelaide. Dh has never been but trusts my judgement and I think he will do well there.

I used to have a good career in marketing but gave it up when I got pregnant with no1 and then ran an online baby goods store for a couple of years from home but just did not have the time or space to do it justice but I may well pick this up again at a later date, it was successful for a new business and I was gutted to give it up but I did want another child (no3) madness so the business had to go sadly

I would love to keep in touch and will def pm you when we get our letter!

Bye for now

Faye