Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession > Accountants
Reload this Page >

Fast track to CPA Australia..

Fast track to CPA Australia..

Old Dec 14th 2009, 8:48 am
Forum Regular

annamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant futureannamichelle2310 has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fast track to CPA Australia..

Originally Posted by JAJ
Unclear how this relates to the thread topic, also looks like it has been asked already:
http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=613138
Oops sorry!!!!!
Old Dec 28th 2009, 9:15 pm
Just Joined

sasa110 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fast track to CPA Australia..

aaargh, screwed up both the acca papers i took earlier this month.

between the two options i stated on the second post, i think i am definitely inclined towards the one where i directly enroll for cpaa. the cima route seems circuitous and problematic for a variety of reasons as already discussed. lets see, maybe i'll enroll for cpaa as soon as i take care of acca's infamous P2 and P4 .

on the offtopic discussion on ifrs convergence adopted by various countries (usa, india, japan, germany etc.) -- surely it is good news for ACCA's and has definitely enhanced their short-term prospects, but cant see them hooking up MRAs with the local bodies (e.g US-CPA). and anyway, as far as i am concerned, having an acca really sucks when it comes to relocating to Australia!

Finally, before I commit to CPAA, i shall briefly consider doing the US-CPA and gaining the Aus-CA route. I'll take a look at the US-CPA syllabus and try to figure out how many visits to the US would be needed to finish the 4 papers. And try to compare it to the travel costs of taking CPAA exams from Thailand/Dubai.

Traveling to US does seem to be the (much) more expensive option, and getting a visa to take CPA exams might also be painful (and then there are things like the practical experience implications of both US-CPA and ICAA)... have to check up on these things one of these days.

Last edited by sasa110; Dec 28th 2009 at 9:22 pm.