ACCA or CPA "each country"?

Old Aug 13th 2014, 5:54 pm
Just Joined

C.Accountant is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ACCA or CPA "each country"?

Hello,

I want to choose between CPA or ACCA but still not sure, and I need your help. As I heard it depend on the country which I want to work in, so I didn't still plan to move to which country but it is one of these:

USA and Canada - CPA is better
UK - ACCA is better

What about these countries:
Australia - Germany - Switzerland - Norway - Sweden - Denmark - Iceland - Luxemburg - Finland - Netherlands - Poland - Belgium

Please let me know which professional certificate is the best for those countries ( CPA or ACCA )

Thanks in advance
Old Aug 13th 2014, 8:49 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ACCA or CPA "each country"?

There are loads of CPAs, not just one, which do you mean. In any case, I think it is better to do the accounting qualification of your own country.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 9:00 pm
Just Joined

I mean US CPA.
My country is accepting both, no difference. So I want to apply for the one that is accepted in more countries.

So what is the one that is recognized or more wanted in each of the following countries: Australia - Germany - Switzerland - Norway - Sweden - Denmark - Iceland - Luxemburg - Finland - Netherlands - Poland - Belgium.

Only between (UK ACCA / US CPA).
I wish you understood me now.

For example, in Germany what is better if I have ACCA or US CPA. which one more recognized and wanted to get a job. and so on for the other countries.
Old Aug 13th 2014, 9:37 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond reputeBermudashorts has a reputation beyond repute

I don't think it makes any difference. I would expect a foreign accountant to have the accounting qualification of their own country. I would be interested in where their work experience is from, not who set their exam papers. I think you are looking at this all wrong.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 6:47 am
Just Joined

You didn't get my point. I want to move from my country to another still not sure which country.

The question is : Which one of ACCA and US CPA is recognized in more countries internationally?
Old Aug 14th 2014, 8:38 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Originally Posted by C.Accountant
You didn't get my point. I want to move from my country to another still not sure which country.

The question is : Which one of ACCA and US CPA is recognized in more countries internationally?
I get your point very well, I think it is you that doesn't get me.

Again, I have worked with many overseas qualified accountants, did whilst I was in London and I do now in Sydney. And I have never seen anyone worry about what country the accounting qualification comes from, usually people have their own country's qualification.

You are not going to win any favours by having a particular qualification like US CPA, not unless it was obtained in that country. Otherwise it just looks like you picked up some books, so what? Experience is more important.
Old Aug 14th 2014, 8:51 am
Just Joined

So you are saying that each country is having there own qualification?
For example if I want to live in Australia, I have to take Australian professional certificate? ACCA or US CPA will not help me there?
Old Aug 14th 2014, 5:03 pm
Just Joined

Is there any professional certificate recognized in most countries in the world? because I am kind of person that I don't stay in one country. So What certificate in all countries ?
Old Aug 19th 2014, 4:17 pm
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

Probably need to figure out which country you want to live? From your post it seems in your country there is great emphasis on qualifications - as BS pointed you will realise experience is much more important.

And how many languages can you speak? I would imagine you need professional proficiency in many languages to migrate to all those countries? French, Dutch, Germany, Flemish etc?

That said, I would choose any of the global qualifications CIMA/ACCA/US CPA - than a qualification of a country no one knows about (say, if you are in Bhutan or Malawi).
Old Aug 19th 2014, 5:20 pm
Just Joined

I decided to live in Germany. So now I want to take ACCA or US CPA which one is better choice and recognized in more countries?
Old Aug 20th 2014, 7:09 am
Forum Regular

JOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really niceJOE2010 is just really nice

I decided to live in Germany. So now I want to take ACCA or US CPA which one is better choice and recognized in more countries?
Wirtschaftsprüferkammer - Wirtschaftsprüferkammer
Old Aug 20th 2014, 8:08 am
Just Joined

Thank you very much. You helped me a lot.
I have last question, please do you know if I can get exemptions in it?
I mean it is more like which one ACCA or US CPA? Because first I will take one of these two then I will take it.

So between ACCA and CPA which one is more closer to that german one? and can I take exemptions in it.
Old Aug 21st 2014, 3:13 pm
Forum Regular

Thank you very much. You helped me a lot.
I have last question, please do you know if I can get exemptions in it?
I mean it is more like which one ACCA or US CPA? Because first I will take one of these two then I will take it.

So between ACCA and CPA which one is more closer to that german one? and can I take exemptions in it.
Why would you take an American or UK exam with the aim of going to work in Germany?

Did you even read the English version of that website? I doubt there are any exemptions.
Old Aug 21st 2014, 3:32 pm
Just Joined

Because I will not go now. Maybe after two or 3 year. So I don't want to waste the time now doing nothing
Old Aug 30th 2014, 11:16 am
Just Joined

Default ACCA / ACA / CIMA "The best choice?"

Hi,

I am considering to have better potions and get a promotion. Even if I can get a better job somewhere else is great.

Currently I am an Auditor at Deloitte. My firm recommended me to get from these professional certificates ( ACCA or ACA or CIMA ).

So I am really confused, which one is better to get from these options that my job offered me to take? Which one will open for me more options in future and is more popular and needed everywhere?

And please tell me why one of them is better than the other.

Thanks in Advance

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.