Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

FQ hairdressers looking for sponsorship

FQ hairdressers looking for sponsorship

Old Nov 29th 2007, 6:35 pm
Just Joined

tsedelaney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FQ hairdressers looking for sponsorship

Hi Alan very interested in applying for sponsorship, I am a qualified hairdresser and have been for 18yrs now. Looking at Perth do you have any contacts?or van you point me in the right direction. I have got all my paperwork ready for a 457visa but haven't posted it as I am looking for sponsorship- do you have an e-mail address or tel nr. I am presently living and working in the uK

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Note also that if you can obtain a skills assessment classification there is no reason why the employer cannot sponsor for a permanent residency visa straightaway under the Employer Nomination Scheme.

If you are a hairdresser with several years experience and the intended employer is in a "regional area" (as defined) a skills assessment classification is probably not needed.

Processing times for employer sponsored permanent residency visas are a few weeks longer than an e-lodged temporary 457 visa application (depending on whether the employer has existing DIAC approval to act as a 457 visa business sponsor), but as a rule are likely to be somewhat less than a general skilled visa application.

Furthermore, there are (perhaps surprisingly) fewer employer obligations in the case of a permanent residency visa nomination as compared with a temporary 457 visa sponsorship.

Best regards.
Old Dec 4th 2007, 11:07 pm
Just Joined

jscr32 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi! my spouse is a hairdresser for like 6-7 yrs already and she has now moved to townsville with me from malaysia on my student visa. She is currently working part-time with around AUD22.00/hr in a franchise salon in queensland. And we are planning to apply a skilled migrant visa for her to live permanently here. Can you please help us with it? Could you like send us an example of what a letter from an employer would look like stating the duration of employment, etc.... My email is [email protected]. Or [email protected].
Old May 9th 2008, 11:32 am
Just Joined

lisaasrian is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by sarah0405
Are you a fully qualified hairdresser? do you want to live in Perth? Sam Rificis have successfully sponsored 3 girls so far, and are eager to sponsor more. I am nearly at the end of my 2 year sponsorship, so can answer any questions. Then if your keen i can pass your details on to the powes that be , Let me just add, that from the day i 1st spoke to them, to the day i arrived was 11 weeks. Visa also covered my husband and 2 children. Its changed ours lives. Sarah
Hi I am a hairdresser with 5 years experience I am looking for a sponsor I have just has my skills assessed by the TRA and passed that now just want a sponsor? Please can you help me? I will be living with my auntie in Perth untill I find my feet so have somewhere to stay just need a job sponsor now?

Thank you?
Old Jun 2nd 2008, 11:16 am
Just Joined

wescarlo is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi
am very much interested in getting a sponsorship in hairdressing as i have been in the industry for the last four years.please link me up with the necessary persons or institutions that will be of help.

thanks in advance.
Old Jul 13th 2008, 5:03 am
Just Joined

marciosouza is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: FQ hairdressers looking for sponsorship

Are you a fully qualified hairdresser? do you want to live in Perth? Sam Rificis have successfully sponsored 3 girls so far, and are eager to sponsor more. I am nearly at the end of my 2 year sponsorship, so can answer any questions. Then if your keen i can pass your details on to the powes that be , Let me just add, that from the day i 1st spoke to them, to the day i arrived was 11 weeks. Visa also covered my husband and 2 children. Its changed ours lives. Sarah
Hi, I am Marcio, Brazilian, single, no children, 29 years of age, 17 years of hairdressing, started when I was only 12 because it`s a family business. I have spent a couple of years in Australia(2000-2002, one year in Sydney and one year in Perth), and I decided. I want to go back. Honestly, I am a very good hairdresser. I have all the papers ready to apply for the 457 visa. I only need a sponsor. I wish work, live and have a family in australia. I dream with it. Thanks hips mate, Marcio Souza ([email protected])
Old Aug 12th 2008, 7:55 am
Just Joined

robert0 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey peeps!
imlooking for a sponsor in oz,
have been hairdressing for 13 years now,
wife also hairdresser.have our own buisness check it out
any help is appreciated.
rob
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:13 am
Forum Regular

yoddha will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by jennylouise
hello been a member on hear for a while and have just come accross this thread about hairdressing.where have i been lol ,anyway me and my hubby r looking to try and move and work in oz im a hairdresser will qaulify next june,i been at collage city guilds nvq,we do work with clients who come to our salon at the collage, also we have writting evidence as proff that we have been working with paying clients from a lot of investicating i have done what we need to do as per experience paid work etc ,although i do have clients of my own,just thought i would introduce myself and hopefully all hairdressers maybe able to answer any question i havent had anwered
cheers jenny lou
Hi which level of nvq do you do at city and guilds to qualify..as Hair Dresser?
Diploma or Advanced Diploma in Hair Dressing?
appreciate if you could guide me..
Thanks in advance.

cheers
Old Aug 13th 2008, 9:23 am
Just Joined

robert0 is an unknown quantity at this point

hey man!

we both got nvq level 3.
but i think certificates mean nothing,as weve had loads of people
who are qualified work for us,and there total rubbish!
you need experience,or a lot of passion,
regards rob
Old Aug 20th 2008, 3:41 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to beholdMr Anderson is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by Alan Collett
Note also that if you can obtain a skills assessment classification there is no reason why the employer cannot sponsor for a permanent residency visa straightaway under the Employer Nomination Scheme.

If you are a hairdresser with several years experience and the intended employer is in a "regional area" (as defined) a skills assessment classification is probably not needed.

Processing times for employer sponsored permanent residency visas are a few weeks longer than an e-lodged temporary 457 visa application (depending on whether the employer has existing DIAC approval to act as a 457 visa business sponsor), but as a rule are likely to be somewhat less than a general skilled visa application.

Furthermore, there are (perhaps surprisingly) fewer employer obligations in the case of a permanent residency visa nomination as compared with a temporary 457 visa sponsorship.

Best regards.
Hi alan

as an employer in this field, what is the correct way i can go about sponsoring and advertising this fact please.

I have a barbers shop in melbourne and would like to get in touch wiuth potential migrants to work for me.

Thanks alot

alan
Old Aug 20th 2008, 10:05 pm

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Mr Anderson
Hi alan

as an employer in this field, what is the correct way i can go about sponsoring and advertising this fact please.

I have a barbers shop in melbourne and would like to get in touch wiuth potential migrants to work for me.

Thanks alot

alan
i have a friend who is 44 lives in the uk and has just finished her nvq levels 1 2 and 3 we live on gold coast whats the chance of her gaining a sponsorship more than likely its only going to be on a 457 as i dont see anyone likely to offer permanent sponsorship without her having years of experience she is such a hardworker and is willing to work hard for anyone willing to offer a chance for her to start a new life here before its too late can anyone offer any advice please i feel so sorry for her as she only went to college 3 years ago to enable her to apply to come here in the first place
any help woould be appreciated
lesley
Old Aug 21st 2008, 12:39 am
Migration Agent

Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mr Anderson
Hi alan

Thanks alot

alan
Please feel able to send me a PM or email - or telephone my migration agent colleague Stephen Dickson on Melbourne number 03 9935 2929.

Best regards.
Old Aug 31st 2008, 3:55 am
Just Joined

Olga-hairdresser- is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi, sorry, cant help with Melbourne, all i can advise is if you can find salons there, send them an email and ask. I was lucky to have my brother living in Perth and he just went into a few salons for me and asked if they wanted to sponsor an English girl, lucky enough the 2nd one he went into was keen. so good luck
Hi sarah,

I'm Olga. I am a hairdresser and would like to ask a few questions. I'm looking for a sponsor to live and work in Australia. With what kind of visa do you live with? Is this PR? What happens after 2 years, when the sponsor is over? What does the sponsor help you with? What are the chances to find a sponsor in Australia if you don't know anyone there?

Thanks
Old Aug 31st 2008, 5:29 am

snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Olga-hairdresser-
Hi sarah,

I'm Olga. I am a hairdresser and would like to ask a few questions. I'm looking for a sponsor to live and work in Australia. With what kind of visa do you live with? Is this PR? What happens after 2 years, when the sponsor is over? What does the sponsor help you with? What are the chances to find a sponsor in Australia if you don't know anyone there?

Thanks
anyome on goldcoast want to sponsor hairdresser from england please
lesley
Old Aug 31st 2008, 6:40 am
Just Joined

rptaylor is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Olga-hairdresser-
Hi sarah,

Thanks
Hello Olga we have salon in Karratha and we offer 4 Year 457 Visa Sponsorship as well as Regional permant migration sponsorship. Applicants must have good spoken English, at least 6 years experience doing combined ladies and gents work, experienced in all aspects of colour. Applicants would need to be comfortable in working in regional Australia with an understanding of the climate, industrial nature of a town like Karratha.

Applicants with family working in construction or mining would be very suitable due to the strong employment demand for skills for these industries. Applicants with children will be considered but be mindful that family based accommodation is difficult to find in Karratha. Salary would be $43,400 per annum for a 38 hour working week with 9% super plus allowances and bonuses on top. We provide initial training in Perth and transfers from Perth to Karratha with limited initial temp accommodation whilst permanent accommodation and transport is sought.

The normal offer is a four year contract with view to lodge Permanent sponsored migration application during this initial period. Russell
Old Sep 15th 2008, 6:13 pm
Just Joined

rodz16974 is an unknown quantity at this point

[QUOTE=Mr Anderson;6697910]Hi alan

Thanks alot

alan[/QUOTE hi to alan, i'm a barber with 10 years experience, i'm looking at migrating to aus in the future, maybe looking for sponsorship to help this happen! could you help?? regards Rod.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.