Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

FQ hairdressers looking for sponsorship

FQ hairdressers looking for sponsorship

Old Sep 7th 2007, 11:51 am
  #1  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 13
sarah0405 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default FQ hairdressers looking for sponsorship

Are you a fully qualified hairdresser? do you want to live in Perth? Sam Rificis have successfully sponsored 3 girls so far, and are eager to sponsor more. I am nearly at the end of my 2 year sponsorship, so can answer any questions. Then if your keen i can pass your details on to the powes that be , Let me just add, that from the day i 1st spoke to them, to the day i arrived was 11 weeks. Visa also covered my husband and 2 children. Its changed ours lives. Sarah
sarah0405 is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2007, 11:25 am
  #2  
Forum Regular
 
railman2404's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: surrey
Posts: 103
railman2404 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FQ hairdressers looking for sponsorship

Originally Posted by sarah0405 View Post
Are you a fully qualified hairdresser? do you want to live in Perth? Sam Rificis have successfully sponsored 3 girls so far, and are eager to sponsor more. I am nearly at the end of my 2 year sponsorship, so can answer any questions. Then if your keen i can pass your details on to the powes that be , Let me just add, that from the day i 1st spoke to them, to the day i arrived was 11 weeks. Visa also covered my husband and 2 children. Its changed ours lives. Sarah
hi do you know of any hairdressers in melbourne that do sponsorship oh is fully qualified hairdresser who has started working in salon again after having children
cheers in advance
railman2404 is offline  
Old Sep 8th 2007, 12:04 pm
  #3  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 13
sarah0405 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FQ hairdressers looking for sponsorship

Hi, sorry, cant help with Melbourne, all i can advise is if you can find salons there, send them an email and ask. I was lucky to have my brother living in Perth and he just went into a few salons for me and asked if they wanted to sponsor an English girl, lucky enough the 2nd one he went into was keen. so good luck
sarah0405 is offline  
Old Sep 12th 2007, 9:32 pm
  #4  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 4
Suziebear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FQ hairdressers looking for sponsorship

Originally Posted by sarah0405 View Post
Are you a fully qualified hairdresser? do you want to live in Perth? Sam Rificis have successfully sponsored 3 girls so far, and are eager to sponsor more. I am nearly at the end of my 2 year sponsorship, so can answer any questions. Then if your keen i can pass your details on to the powes that be , Let me just add, that from the day i 1st spoke to them, to the day i arrived was 11 weeks. Visa also covered my husband and 2 children. Its changed ours lives. Sarah

Hi Sarah
We are now considering doing our visa app so any info you could give us would be great. I am a hairdresser and have a husband and 3 kids.
Thanks
Sue
Suziebear is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2007, 12:53 am
  #5  
Migration Agent
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Posts: 6,446
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FQ hairdressers looking for sponsorship

Originally Posted by railman2404 View Post
hi do you know of any hairdressers in melbourne that do sponsorship oh is fully qualified hairdresser who has started working in salon again after having children
cheers in advance
I know of a salon in Geelong with a few outlets that would be interested in seeing CVs - and who are happy to sponsor for the grant of a permanent residency visa under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (albeit with the intended employee paying for the cost of the visa).

If you are interested please send me your CV: alan - at - gomatilda - dot - com

Best regards.
Alan Collett is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2007, 1:43 pm
  #6  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 13
sarah0405 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FQ hairdressers looking for sponsorship

Hi Sue, Sam Rificis do a 2 year sponsorship, it is hard work but very worth it, you have a guarenteed job, will be placed in one of their 3 salons, You will have to sit a theory and practical exam as apparantly a city and guilds doesnt count for much in Perth! At the end of two years they will lodge your papers for PR, which is where i am now, we go on a bridging visa, will need to have medicals again and pay the fee for the application, unfortunately they wont pay for it! But being sponsored ,in our case, was quicker and cheaper than the conventional way, we have the area manager in the UK at the moment and i think she will be doing interviews (i came over for 1, furthest ive ever been for an interview), you can email [email protected], if you like you can email me on [email protected] for anymore details,

Sarah
sarah0405 is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2007, 1:58 pm
  #7  
Migration Agent
 
Joined: May 2002
Location: Offices in Melbourne, Brisbane, Perth, Geelong (Australia), and Southampton (UK)
Posts: 6,446
Alan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond reputeAlan Collett has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FQ hairdressers looking for sponsorship

Note also that if you can obtain a skills assessment classification there is no reason why the employer cannot sponsor for a permanent residency visa straightaway under the Employer Nomination Scheme.

If you are a hairdresser with several years experience and the intended employer is in a "regional area" (as defined) a skills assessment classification is probably not needed.

Processing times for employer sponsored permanent residency visas are a few weeks longer than an e-lodged temporary 457 visa application (depending on whether the employer has existing DIAC approval to act as a 457 visa business sponsor), but as a rule are likely to be somewhat less than a general skilled visa application.

Furthermore, there are (perhaps surprisingly) fewer employer obligations in the case of a permanent residency visa nomination as compared with a temporary 457 visa sponsorship.

Best regards.
Alan Collett is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2007, 4:08 pm
  #8  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 4
Suziebear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FQ hairdressers looking for sponsorship

Originally Posted by sarah0405 View Post
Hi Sue, Sam Rificis do a 2 year sponsorship, it is hard work but very worth it, you have a guarenteed job, will be placed in one of their 3 salons, You will have to sit a theory and practical exam as apparantly a city and guilds doesnt count for much in Perth! At the end of two years they will lodge your papers for PR, which is where i am now, we go on a bridging visa, will need to have medicals again and pay the fee for the application, unfortunately they wont pay for it! But being sponsored ,in our case, was quicker and cheaper than the conventional way, we have the area manager in the UK at the moment and i think she will be doing interviews (i came over for 1, furthest ive ever been for an interview), you can email [email protected], if you like you can email me on [email protected] for anymore details,

Sarah

Hi Sarah
thanks for your reply, i will email you at the weekend thanks. We are going to sit down at the weekend and try to make a definite decsion one way or the other. By the way i have been mobile hairdressing on and off for the last few years between kids will this make any difference to any job/visa application?
Suziebear is offline  
Old Sep 13th 2007, 9:04 pm
  #9  
Forum Regular
 
railman2404's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: surrey
Posts: 103
railman2404 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FQ hairdressers looking for sponsorship

Originally Posted by Alan Collett View Post
I know of a salon in Geelong with a few outlets that would be interested in seeing CVs - and who are happy to sponsor for the grant of a permanent residency visa under the Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (albeit with the intended employee paying for the cost of the visa).

If you are interested please send me your CV: alan - at - gomatilda - dot - com

Best regards.
hi alan we were hoping to look around the berwick/pakenham area. thanks for the help it does seem that looking on these forums hairdressers are priceless but poorly paid.
railman2404 is offline  
Old Sep 14th 2007, 11:59 am
  #10  
Just Joined
Thread Starter
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 13
sarah0405 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FQ hairdressers looking for sponsorship

Hi Sue, I was mobile in UK so that was why i had to do it this way as i had no proof of earnings, as is the case for a lot of mothers who do mobile hairdressing. I got a few references from some of my clients and the hairdressing suppliers, from the salons i worked in previously and did my training in. City and guilds certificates and anything relevant i could lay my hands on. I was mobile for 13 years, so was well aware that i needed a lot of refreshing to do, which rificis provided, they sent me on loads of courses, i was loreal trained so had to learn wella. But i love what i do and needed a new challenge. Its payed off, im in charge of training, and one of the biggest earners theyve had in their 60 year history. The pay isnt brilliant but i make it up with the bonus on my services and retail, the more i earn for the salon, the more i earn for me. They gave me the chance for a new life so yeh ive worked hard in return. How old are your children and what work does your husband do, Looking forward to speaking to you, Sarah
sarah0405 is offline  
Old Sep 14th 2007, 1:03 pm
  #11  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Posts: 4
Suziebear is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FQ hairdressers looking for sponsorship

Originally Posted by sarah0405 View Post
Hi Sue, I was mobile in UK so that was why i had to do it this way as i had no proof of earnings, as is the case for a lot of mothers who do mobile hairdressing. I got a few references from some of my clients and the hairdressing suppliers, from the salons i worked in previously and did my training in. City and guilds certificates and anything relevant i could lay my hands on. I was mobile for 13 years, so was well aware that i needed a lot of refreshing to do, which rificis provided, they sent me on loads of courses, i was loreal trained so had to learn wella. But i love what i do and needed a new challenge. Its payed off, im in charge of training, and one of the biggest earners theyve had in their 60 year history. The pay isnt brilliant but i make it up with the bonus on my services and retail, the more i earn for the salon, the more i earn for me. They gave me the chance for a new life so yeh ive worked hard in return. How old are your children and what work does your husband do, Looking forward to speaking to you, Sarah


Hi Sarah
thanks for the info i was worried about being mobile bit. my kids are Will(12) Joe (10) and little Kaitlin is 2 on Boxing day. My husband Phil runs a small business delivering bread,milk and produce to school kitchens and small retailers.
Sue
Suziebear is offline  
Old Oct 16th 2007, 9:11 pm
  #12  
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Posts: 948
snow-white is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FQ hairdressers looking for sponsorship

Originally Posted by sarah0405 View Post
Are you a fully qualified hairdresser? do you want to live in Perth? Sam Rificis have successfully sponsored 3 girls so far, and are eager to sponsor more. I am nearly at the end of my 2 year sponsorship, so can answer any questions. Then if your keen i can pass your details on to the powes that be , Let me just add, that from the day i 1st spoke to them, to the day i arrived was 11 weeks. Visa also covered my husband and 2 children. Its changed ours lives. Sarah
hi all,
does anyone know whether if youve got your nvq 1 and 2 and your barbering certs would a salon on goldcoast sponsor you if you have no work experience yet as my friend is 43 and running out of time. please help any advice welcome
lesley
snow-white is offline  
Old Oct 22nd 2007, 9:08 pm
  #13  
Forum Regular
 
Joined: May 2006
Location: love to be in oz (if i could only get there)
Posts: 68
jennylouise is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FQ hairdressers looking for sponsorship

hello been a member on hear for a while and have just come accross this thread about hairdressing.where have i been lol ,anyway me and my hubby r looking to try and move and work in oz im a hairdresser will qaulify next june,i been at collage city guilds nvq,we do work with clients who come to our salon at the collage, also we have writting evidence as proff that we have been working with paying clients from a lot of investicating i have done what we need to do as per experience paid work etc ,although i do have clients of my own,just thought i would introduce myself and hopefully all hairdressers maybe able to answer any question i havent had anwered
cheers jenny lou
jennylouise is offline  
Old Oct 29th 2007, 12:23 pm
  #14  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: essex uk
Posts: 12
sarah24 is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: FQ hairdressers looking for sponsorship

I am planning to go out to melbourne in feb and im debating wether i should get a working visa, but it only allows u to work 4 3 months casual labour, (how strict is this)? or skilled visa but i dont know what that lets me do, so any information would b gt.
Also the average wage for a hairdresser because i have looked at renting over there and cheapest so far is $200 a week, also where is the best area to live in Melbourne
all info appreciated
sarah24 is offline  
Old Nov 29th 2007, 9:43 am
  #15  
Just Joined
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: I presently live in the united kingdom
Posts: 2
tsedelaney is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FQ hairdressers looking for sponsorship

Originally Posted by sarah0405 View Post
Are you a fully qualified hairdresser? do you want to live in Perth? Sam Rificis have successfully sponsored 3 girls so far, and are eager to sponsor more. I am nearly at the end of my 2 year sponsorship, so can answer any questions. Then if your keen i can pass your details on to the powes that be , Let me just add, that from the day i 1st spoke to them, to the day i arrived was 11 weeks. Visa also covered my husband and 2 children. Its changed ours lives. Sarah
hi Sarah 18 yrs qualified hairdresser presently working as a manager in the uk married with 3 kids all have british passports paperwork for 457 visa is ready to post but looking for sponsorship lin Perth- Sam Rificis ?
Thanks Tara
tsedelaney is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.