Chefs/wives Support...

Old Mar 23rd 2007, 6:27 pm
Forum Regular

lee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the rough
Default Re: Chefs/wives Support...

Hi how are all you chefs getting on with your visas?I am still at the stage of getting all my tra stuff together,cant wait for this bit to be over.I am hoping to go to Adelaide,is anyone else heading there?
Old Mar 23rd 2007, 11:52 pm
Forum Regular

petereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to all

We're hoping to get to Perth, just because we've never been to that part of Oz. Why have you chosen Adelaide
Old Mar 24th 2007, 8:50 am
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

Originally Posted by lee on solent
Hi how are all you chefs getting on with your visas?I am still at the stage of getting all my tra stuff together,cant wait for this bit to be over.I am hoping to go to Adelaide,is anyone else heading there?
Hi Petereb and Lee on solent,
How have you got on with getting all of your info together? It is full on isn't it! I am still waiting for the TRA to come back. I hope it is still taking 3-4 weeks. If so it should be any day now. Had the packers in for quotes to move the stuff. Not taking much but it is still quite expensive. Stuck in limbo land for now.
We are heading to Perth area no idea where exactly as yet, will find out when we get there.
Hope all is going well for all of you chefs out there.
Nicky
Old Mar 24th 2007, 5:34 pm
Forum Regular

lee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the roughlee on solent is a jewel in the rough

Hi it is full on getting all the stuff together for the tra,we are getting there we still need to get the stat decs done.my stepbrothers girlfriend is from perth and my stepbrother as lived there, they are in england at the moment as his girlfriend wants to visit most places in europe before they head back to perth for good, he said its fantastic there.We have decided on Adelaide as the houses are cheaper and the weather is more suitable for us.There is a couple of forums we go on for adelaide and everyone is friendly,they have lots of get togethers and help each other so its like we know lots of people but we have never met,we hope it wont be long before we can meet them for real.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:36 am
Just Joined

sal30 is an unknown quantity at this point

hi, im a chefs wife and we are looking at moving abroad and have thought about moving to vancouver canada. can anyone help is it easy enough to get chef jobs out there he is a senior sous chef at min with nvq for assessing.
any information would be a big help

and a big hello to the rest of the chef partners

sally and wayne(chef)
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:53 am
BE Enthusiast

Tigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really niceTigeresswhite is just really nice

Originally Posted by sal30
hi, im a chefs wife and we are looking at moving abroad and have thought about moving to vancouver canada. can anyone help is it easy enough to get chef jobs out there he is a senior sous chef at min with nvq for assessing.
any information would be a big help

and a big hello to the rest of the chef partners

sally and wayne(chef)
Hi Sal30
I think that chefs are quite high on the skills shortage list for Canada too. I spoke to a woman at the Canadian stall at the Sandown Park Immigration Show a few weeks ago and she said then it is one of their most needed skills. Good Luck
Nicky
Old Mar 25th 2007, 9:59 am
Just Joined

[QUOTE=Tigeresswhite;4558702]Hi Sal30
I think that chefs are quite high on the skills shortage list for Canada too. I spoke to a woman at the Canadian stall at the Sandown Park Immigration Show a few weeks ago and she said then it is one of their most needed skills. Good Luck
Nicky[/QUOTE

hi nicky thank-you for that, cant wait to move althou i know its a long progress
Old Mar 25th 2007, 10:24 am
BE Forum Addict

the4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud ofthe4ofus has much to be proud of

Morning All,

I hope you all remembered to put your clocks forward an hour! Wee question......... can anyone give me an idea of wages for a fully qualifies chef of 20+ years? (i'm hoping not to have to work, just let the OH do it all )

Cheers!

Lynn xx
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by the4ofus
Morning All,

I hope you all remembered to put your clocks forward an hour! Wee question......... can anyone give me an idea of wages for a fully qualifies chef of 20+ years? (i'm hoping not to have to work, just let the OH do it all )

Cheers!

Lynn xx
Where are you off to?
I have just started as second chef because I wasn,t sure about jumping straight in.I am on the Sunshine coast and beleive me the wages are crap here.A head chef will get 50k ish.

Mick
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:56 pm
Forum Regular

petereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to allpetereb is a name known to all

You need to define "crap", surely it's all relevant, if the rent/houses are cheaper and the food is better value then it doesn't matter if the wages are less.
Old Mar 25th 2007, 12:58 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by petereb
You need to define "crap", surely it's all relevant, if the rent/houses are cheaper and the food is better value then it doesn't matter if the wages are less.
i agree with you also i dont think the wages are that good in england for chefs not for the hours they do
Old Mar 25th 2007, 2:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

Mick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond reputeMick-12 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petereb
I agree the lifestyle is alot better and I waken-up every morning and the sun is shining and I have only worked 55 hours this week.Next week I am going to working 70hrs.Rent is not very Cheap,so please don't try and insult my intelligence of life on the Coast.Don't get me wrong,I love it here.I just want people to know it is not all for the money.
If you love cooking its a great job and you will realise that the money is crap everywhere,sorry.Job satisfaction and all the rest.
I sold a restaurant in England to move here.I enjoy not working 100hrs+ a week.Average rent is about 400 a week.Melbourne,Perth and Sydney would be alot better wages.
Please feel free to ask more.
Mick
Old Mar 25th 2007, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Mick-12
I agree the lifestyle is alot better and I waken-up every morning and the sun is shining and I have only worked 55 hours this week.Next week I am going to working 70hrs.Rent is not very Cheap,so please don't try and insult my intelligence of life on the Coast.Don't get me wrong,I love it here.I just want people to know it is not all for the money.
If you love cooking its a great job and you will realise that the money is crap everywhere,sorry.Job satisfaction and all the rest.
I sold a restaurant in England to move here.I enjoy not working 100hrs+ a week.Average rent is about 400 a week.Melbourne,Perth and Sydney would be alot better wages.
Please feel free to ask more.
Mick
thats why we want to move for the better lifestyle and i think it would also benefit our kids, price wise do you think its just on a par with what you pay in the uk as i know renting is over 500 a month althou we dont rent at the moment and as for hours he goes out at 7.30 in morn and althou he has a hour by the time he comes home he then goes bk til around 11 , are the shifts in canada split or do you work more straight shifts sal
Old Mar 25th 2007, 2:54 pm
BE Enthusiast

thats why we want to move for the better lifestyle and i think it would also benefit our kids, price wise do you think its just on a par with what you pay in the uk as i know renting is over 500 a month althou we dont rent at the moment and as for hours he goes out at 7.30 in morn and althou he has a hour by the time he comes home he then goes bk til around 11 , are the shifts in canada split or do you work more straight shifts sal
Not sure on Canada.
I do normally 5 days.Sun,Mon off then its splits and straights the rest.But I have not worked later than 10.They all go out early and you cannot find many good places to eat after 8.30.
I only live 10mins from where I work so I'm quite lucky.
Mick
Old Mar 25th 2007, 2:56 pm
BE Enthusiast

By the way kids love it here.I have 3 boys 10,8 and 3.The school is great and the just love being outside.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.