Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Any More Hairdressers Applying for Visa Feb/March 2008

Any More Hairdressers Applying for Visa Feb/March 2008

Old Sep 2nd 2008, 9:34 pm
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice
Default Re: Any More Hairdressers Applying for Visa Feb/March 2008

Originally Posted by sharonmark
Hi Jo Jo, you must be so excited, hope you settle quickly and live your dream.
Just asked Ann how much you have had pay so far for visa's with Go Matilda, theres so many agents with different quotes very confusing on what's reasonable.

Good Luck

Sharon
Hi Sharon,
I didn't use go Matilda, But on here some people reckon they paid 1500 fees to them. Contact them and they'll give you a proper quote.
I'm using 1st contact and i'm paying 1800 to them.

Good luck

Anne
Old Oct 23rd 2008, 8:14 pm
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Hi Jojo,

How's things going????? We're back waiting had meds and pcc. Fingers crossed it won't be much longer.

How's the new life going? Have you settled in yet?

Anne
Old Oct 27th 2008, 12:55 am
Forum Regular

Jojo and Andy will become famous soon enoughJojo and Andy will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Annehe28
Hi Jojo,

How's things going????? We're back waiting had meds and pcc. Fingers crossed it won't be much longer.

How's the new life going? Have you settled in yet?

Anne
Hi Anne,

Settling in slowly. We are in a rental for six months in an area called Rothwell. Kids are at school and Andy has started work. Just got onto the internet today. Will be intouch soon Jojo x
Old Nov 3rd 2008, 6:58 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jojo,

I got my visa granted today. At last so I'm on to the next stage.

Hope your settling in well speak soon.

Anne
Old Nov 4th 2008, 9:19 am
Forum Regular

Jojo and Andy will become famous soon enoughJojo and Andy will become famous soon enough

Hi Jojo,

I got my visa granted today. At last so I'm on to the next stage.

Hope your settling in well speak soon.

Anne
Wow That's fab. So what have you got planned? Will you be over here before Christmas or are you just going to chill out now? I can't remember where abouts you said you were wanting to settle.
Stay in touch and look forward to hearing all your antics!!
Jojo xx
Old Nov 4th 2008, 10:11 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jojo and Andy
Wow That's fab. So what have you got planned? Will you be over here before Christmas or are you just going to chill out now? I can't remember where abouts you said you were wanting to settle.
Stay in touch and look forward to hearing all your antics!!
Jojo xx
Not going out till next year now. So we're gonna spend a little time just chilling out. We're off to Adelaide, going to live my folks till we get sorted.

Speak soon.

Anne
Old Jan 20th 2009, 9:37 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Anne,

It's been a bit quiet on here of late. Have you got any further?

We've moved again already.. We weren't keen on the last area. And were broken into!!!

Keep me posted. Jojo xx
Old Jan 21st 2009, 6:50 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jojo and Andy
Hi Anne,

It's been a bit quiet on here of late. Have you got any further?

We've moved again already.. We weren't keen on the last area. And were broken into!!!

Keep me posted. Jojo xx
Hi Jojo,

Still here in sunny old Britain. I'm finishing work in March and hope to be in Oz by the end of April. We still haven't sold the house yet but that's not the end of the world.

So were are you living now??? Sorry to hear you got broken into. Did they take much??

Hope your settling in to your new place.

Good luck

Speak soon

Anne x
Old Jan 22nd 2009, 9:35 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jojo,

Still here in sunny old Britain. I'm finishing work in March and hope to be in Oz by the end of April. We still haven't sold the house yet but that's not the end of the world.

So were are you living now??? Sorry to hear you got broken into. Did they take much??

Hope your settling in to your new place.

Good luck

Speak soon

Anne x
Hi,
We have moved further up the coast to Hervey Bay. Lovely place been here 2 weeks now. We received our stuff from the UK last week aswell so it feels a bit more like home.. The boys start their new school next week. And fingers crossed Andy will find some work soon!! Take care and keep me updated. Jojo xx
Old Feb 5th 2009, 7:02 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jojo,

Hope you've settled in to your new place?
We're fine still waiting for the house to sell. But I've booked tickets for myself and my girls we leave for Adelaide on the 27th April. I'm so excited, but I'm not looking forward to being without my OH. I really want the house to sell ASAP.

Any way take care,

Anne xx
Old Feb 25th 2009, 3:11 pm
Just Joined

TomandVicky is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi there everybody my fiance and i are currently looking at getting over to australia on a working holiday visa about auguest, then moving onto the independent subclass 175 visa(trying to time the them to overlap), heading to Brisbain first then moving to perth to live my fiance is a senior hair stylist qualified to NVQ level 4 just wondering what advise you all have to offer us on the difficulties if any upon getting employed as a hairdresser in perth and what are the wages like?, would really appreciate any advise you can give us, also how is the surf in perth and nightlife?
Old Feb 25th 2009, 6:55 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TomandVicky
Hi there everybody my fiance and i are currently looking at getting over to australia on a working holiday visa about auguest, then moving onto the independent subclass 175 visa(trying to time the them to overlap), heading to Brisbain first then moving to perth to live my fiance is a senior hair stylist qualified to NVQ level 4 just wondering what advise you all have to offer us on the difficulties if any upon getting employed as a hairdresser in perth and what are the wages like?, would really appreciate any advise you can give us, also how is the surf in perth and nightlife?
Hi Tom and Vicky,

I'm sorry I can't help you out on the job front yet as i'm not in Oz yet. But i wanted to wish you all the best in the process. Good luck on your journey.

Anne
Old Feb 25th 2009, 9:26 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jojo,

Hope you've settled in to your new place?
We're fine still waiting for the house to sell. But I've booked tickets for myself and my girls we leave for Adelaide on the 27th April. I'm so excited, but I'm not looking forward to being without my OH. I really want the house to sell ASAP.

Any way take care,

Anne xx
Hi Anne,
Sorry I've taken so long to reply. The boys and I have settled nicely in Hervey Bay. Andy hasn't found any work as yet - infact he has had to go back to college to update his skills!!! Should take around 3 months to complete. I've not looked for anything yet - just enjoying being a stay at home mum.

Glad to hear you've booked your tickets. How exciting!!! I'm sure you'll be fine with the girls. Am I right in thinking your going to Adelaide cos you have family there?

How's the housing market doing in the UK? Is it still very slow. I can't believe how lucky we were in selling our property.

Good luck for April and do stay in touch - I promise to look at the thread a bit more often!!!

Take care. Jojo xx
Old Feb 25th 2009, 9:32 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by TomandVicky
Hi Tom and Vicky,

Just wanted to say welcome to British Expats!!! We're in Hervey Bay QLD but I have a sister in Perth. She came over with hair and beauty qualifications but found it hard (4 years ago) to find employment. (I don't know how hard she was looking though). I'm not sure what area they are in but I can always find out if you're interested. She went into property (building and renting) and now she works in a gym!!! I think you have to be registered as a hairdresser in Perth aswell but you'd have to look that up on the internet it give you different states where you have to be registered.

I hope this doesn't put dampeners on things but I'm just sharing what info I have.

Jojo xx
Old May 4th 2009, 12:51 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Jojo,
How's things with you? Well i'm now here in Adelaide. The house has sold and we complete on friday. My hubby arrives here in June. My oldest starts school on wednesday and i have a job interview then as well. Let me know how your getting on.

Take care

Anne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.