Go Back  British Expats > Working Abroad > Working Abroad by Profession
Reload this Page >

Any More Hairdressers Applying for Visa Feb/March 2008

Any More Hairdressers Applying for Visa Feb/March 2008

Old Mar 17th 2008, 9:16 pm
Forum Regular

Jojo and Andy will become famous soon enoughJojo and Andy will become famous soon enough
Default Any More Hairdressers Applying for Visa Feb/March 2008

Hi all,

Wanted to see if there were anymore hairdressers applying for a Subclass 175 Visa either this month or last? Or anyone who has completed the whole process for an idea on timelines for hairdressers?

Cheers Jojo xx
Old Jun 5th 2008, 7:12 pm
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice
Default Re: Any More Hairdressers Applying for Visa Feb/March 2008

Hi there Jo Jo and Andy,
I applied towards the end of Jan. I'm off to Adelaide with my OH and 2 daughters. My parents and younger brother moved there nearly 3 years ago now. How's the process going for you so far?? Were are you hoping to go too?
No idea on time scale sorry
Anne and co
Old Jun 6th 2008, 9:37 am
Forum Regular

Jojo and Andy will become famous soon enoughJojo and Andy will become famous soon enough

Hi Anne,
Lovely to hear from you.
We're a family of four - hubby and two boys 5 and 8. We're looking at going to Queensland North of Brisbane.
Things appear to be very slow at the moment how about you? We've done meds and police checks. House is on the market and awaiting a case officer - which seem to be few and far between.
Jojo xx
Old Jun 6th 2008, 10:49 am
Forum Regular

Annehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really niceAnnehe28 is just really nice

Hi Jojo,
Your right things are slow. We've not done Meds or police checks yet, our agent said we should wait till we get a CO. I know it means we'll have longer to validate the visa. Hope to get them done in the next month or so. Thinking of putting house on the market later this month. We only moved here just over 2 years ago, looking at it we shouldn't of moved. The house we're in is ex RAF so needed a lot of modernizing. Only doing whats need to be done to sell it.
How long have you been hairdressing? I've been doing it since i left school in 1995.
Have you been out to Oz already? I would of loved to of gone towards Brisbane, but I want to be near mum and dad more at this time for my girls. Jessica my oldest is 4 nearly 5(starts school sept) and Katie will be 2 in august. She doesn't know my parents that well yet so i think that would be great for all of them.
Anne
Old Jun 8th 2008, 5:42 pm
Forum Regular

Hi again,
We've not been to Oz. We have friends who have just booked their flights for Aug 19th and we're hoping to follow them on to the same area - whenever we get our visa.
I've been hairdressing since 1991 (that's when I left school). Had a break inbetween but I've been freelance for the last 4 years. Passed the TRA no problems just hoping the visa will go through the same.
I heard they are quite strict with freelance hairdressers!!
Stay in touch. Jojo xx
Old Jun 8th 2008, 8:58 pm
Forum Regular

We went out to Oz in 2006 when our little one was only 10weeks old. We had a great time and saw plenty to know it was for us.
I'm not freelance. I work in salon I find it works better for me and my bosses have been great over the whole thing. I did my training with them and left them in 03 to work in another salon but went back in 07 as they offered me more money and better hours.
Hopefully you won't be going out to much later than your friends. I'm sure you'll love the place, there's plenty to see.
TRA was also passed with no problems, I think that's the easy part.
Applied for visa 22 jan so when i get a CO you'll know that it shouldn't be to much longer for youself.
Have fun
Speak soon
Anne
Old Jun 9th 2008, 7:29 pm
Forum Regular

Brilliant I can't wait to hear when you've got your case officer.
Stay in touch. Jojo xx
Old Jun 14th 2008, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Hi there,
How's things going with you all? I see there's been no movement this week.
How long will this take? I'm so fed up of waiting now. I just want things to get moving.
Take care
Anne
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 8:51 am
Just Joined

sharonmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Jojo and Andy
Hi again,
We've not been to Oz. We have friends who have just booked their flights for Aug 19th and we're hoping to follow them on to the same area - whenever we get our visa.
I've been hairdressing since 1991 (that's when I left school). Had a break inbetween but I've been freelance for the last 4 years. Passed the TRA no problems just hoping the visa will go through the same.
I heard they are quite strict with freelance hairdressers!!
Stay in touch. Jojo xx
Hi Jo Jo
Glad to hear things are working for your family on the immigration. Were also looking into the immigration for hairdressing. My hubby did his training many years ago when apprencticeships weren't recognised, so we are finding if difficult with the current TRA requirements to get the evidence. However, he as run a successful business in hairdressing for 18 years and has NVQ Level 3 and D32, D33. Can you tell me how you got through the TRA, did you have an apprenticeship for the 5 years and how did you get the evidence for this.?

Many thanks
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 2:47 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by sharonmark
Hi Jo Jo
Glad to hear things are working for your family on the immigration. Were also looking into the immigration for hairdressing. My hubby did his training many years ago when apprencticeships weren't recognised, so we are finding if difficult with the current TRA requirements to get the evidence. However, he as run a successful business in hairdressing for 18 years and has NVQ Level 3 and D32, D33. Can you tell me how you got through the TRA, did you have an apprenticeship for the 5 years and how did you get the evidence for this.?

Many thanks
Hi Sharonmark,
I passed my TRA in Dec 07 for hairdressing and applied for visa in Jan 08. Can you contact the company were he did his apprentice to write a statement of service and reference. If not you'll need to go done the statutory declaration route. Do you have an agent who could maybe tell you what needs to be included. I have NVQ 2 and 3 and D32. You'll need all cert's copied and certified as originals.
good luck
Anne
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 3:27 pm
Just Joined

sharonmark is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Annehe28
Hi Sharonmark,
I passed my TRA in Dec 07 for hairdressing and applied for visa in Jan 08. Can you contact the company were he did his apprentice to write a statement of service and reference. If not you'll need to go done the statutory declaration route. Do you have an agent who could maybe tell you what needs to be included. I have NVQ 2 and 3 and D32. You'll need all cert's copied and certified as originals.
good luck
Anne
Hi Anne

Thank you so much for contacting us. Unfortunately the company no longer exists that Mark worked 21 years ago. Will look into the statutory declaration route. You would think 17 years of running your own successful business in hairdressing would count for something. Do you know of a good agent who could assist us?

Many Thanks
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 7:57 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Anne

Thank you so much for contacting us. Unfortunately the company no longer exists that Mark worked 21 years ago. Will look into the statutory declaration route. You would think 17 years of running your own successful business in hairdressing would count for something. Do you know of a good agent who could assist us?

Many Thanks
I'm using 1st contact. But George Lombard and Go Matilda come highly recomened on this site. You'll find them somewhere on this site if you do a search. One of the salons i worked in closed last year in June but luckly the owners have 2 others and they where still able to do it for me.

Good luck with it all let me know how you get on
Anne
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 9:12 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Annehe28
Hi there,
How's things going with you all? I see there's been no movement this week.
How long will this take? I'm so fed up of waiting now. I just want things to get moving.
Take care
Anne
Hi Anne, sorry I've taken so long in replying. Managed to get a little break in Spain with the kids. (took my mind off waiting). Fab to see things are moving. Still waiting for your e-mail to say you've got your case officer.
Take care Jojo xxx
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 9:14 pm
Forum Regular

Hi Anne

Many Thanks
Hi, I definatly think 17 years will stand you in good stead. We used Go Matilda and have found them really helpful. As long as you get your wording correct in the stat decs it's quite easy going.
Stay in touch Jojo xxxx
Old Jul 3rd 2008, 9:22 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jojo and Andy
Hi Anne, sorry I've taken so long in replying. Managed to get a little break in Spain with the kids. (took my mind off waiting). Fab to see things are moving. Still waiting for your e-mail to say you've got your case officer.
Take care Jojo xxx
Hi Jojo,
Hope you had a good holiday and that you got plenty of rest.
Yeah I've still not got a CO but some one on the Jan thread has but none of Dec lot have yet. I'm really hoping to get a CO by the end of Aug. Jess starts school full time in sept and i really don't want to take her out for her meds. But hey i'll cross that bridge when i come to it.
At least things are moving again now. Lots of visa grants are happening. It's so exciting for them.
Anyway take care and I'll let you know if anything else happens
Anne

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.