Reload this Page >

hoping to move to malaga

hoping to move to malaga

Old Aug 18th 2015, 3:37 pm
Just Joined

lrainey is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile hoping to move to malaga

Hi
My name is Leonie, I have 2 children age 13 and 10 and my husband who is a business development manager. We would love to move next year, any advice on schooling, employment etc would be gratefully received x
Old Aug 19th 2015, 8:28 am

bakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond reputebakedbean has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hoping to move to malaga

Hello and welcome to the forum

Your best bet is to re-post in the Spain section of the forum and fire away with any questions that you may have. You can follow this link below:
Spain - British Expats
Old Aug 19th 2015, 8:58 am
Concierge

mikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond reputemikelincs has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lrainey
Hi
My name is Leonie, I have 2 children age 13 and 10 and my husband who is a business development manager. We would love to move next year, any advice on schooling, employment etc would be gratefully received x
At the ages they are, your eldest would almost certainly need an international school, the youngest might be OK in a Spanish school. The jobs would be your major problem, unemployment in Spain is around 30-35%, and with that situation you would be fighting the locals for any job. You would have to be fluent in Spanish to get any sort of management position as, even if the company is British, they would still have to deal with Spanish people on a daily basis. You would also have to factor in Healthcare costs, without a contracted job you would need privatr cover, and even the Spanish healthcare service isn't free. School costs for teaching in a Spanish school are free, but everything else has to be paid for, books etc.

I know that's not really what you want to hear, but it's the truth.
Spain is a great place to live if you have money or are retired and need not to work, for others it's hard I'm afread. It is said that it's very easy to be a millionaire in Spain, all you need is two million to start with.
Old Aug 19th 2015, 11:29 am
Just Joined

lrainey is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for honestyx