Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Finding a long term let in the alps

Finding a long term let in the alps

Old Jan 12th 2011, 6:37 pm
Just Joined

janeyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nice
Default Finding a long term let in the alps

Hi folks - I'm planning on moving to the alps and have been looking at places within about an hour from Geneva Airport, e.g. Annecy... and further to the East, e.g. Morzine, Les Gets etc. Don't really mind, as long as there are slopes and good views!

Trouble is, I can't seem to find any long term (12 month) rentals. Everything online is seasons / skiing short term. Maybe it's a case of finding local residential lettings in the local newspaper.

My French is hopeless - I plan to learn intensively when I arrive. So I'm a bit stuck as to how to make a shortlist of potential properties to rent, before going over to do some viewings.

Any ideas gratefully received!

thanks
Jane.
Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:20 pm
dmu
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond reputedmu has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finding a long term let in the alps

Originally Posted by janeyoung
Hi folks - I'm planning on moving to the alps and have been looking at places within about an hour from Geneva Airport, e.g. Annecy... and further to the East, e.g. Morzine, Les Gets etc. Don't really mind, as long as there are slopes and good views!

Trouble is, I can't seem to find any long term (12 month) rentals. Everything online is seasons / skiing short term. Maybe it's a case of finding local residential lettings in the local newspaper.

My French is hopeless - I plan to learn intensively when I arrive. So I'm a bit stuck as to how to make a shortlist of potential properties to rent, before going over to do some viewings.

thanks
Jane.
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!
Sorry I can't help personally, I live in the Languedoc, but you may get more answers if you post in the France forum!
Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:25 pm
Just Joined

janeyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nicejaneyoung is just really nice

Originally Posted by dmu
Hi, and welcome to the Forum!
Sorry I can't help personally, I live in the Languedoc, but you may get more answers if you post in the France forum!
Thanks for the message... oops, did mean to post that in the France forum! Have posted it there now
Old Jan 12th 2011, 9:41 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by janeyoung

thanks
Jane.
Hello Jane and welcome to BE.

What a wonderful place to live...you are so lucky.

I'm pleased to see you've managed to find your way into the France forums. If you have any problems finding your way around the rest of the site Ka Ora is the concierge for the France forums...he will act as your tour guide and help you find your way around BE's many forums.

Any problems or complaints should be addressed to a moderator. Mitzyboy is the moderator for the France forums but if he's not around any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Good luck in finding somewhere to live. Please give me a shout if you need any help.