Go Back  British Expats > Introduction > The Welcome Inn
Reload this Page >

Another newbie, going to Canada

Another newbie, going to Canada

Old Dec 19th 2010, 6:45 pm
Just Joined

Lady Lazarus is just really niceLady Lazarus is just really niceLady Lazarus is just really niceLady Lazarus is just really niceLady Lazarus is just really niceLady Lazarus is just really niceLady Lazarus is just really niceLady Lazarus is just really nice
Default Another newbie, going to Canada

Hello everyone,
Well, I found out last week that my partner has a job in Vancouver beginning tin July 2012, so I find myself here as we prepare to go! Hoping to find lots of advice and experiencr, as at the moment my head is swimming and I have no idea what to expect or even what I'm going to do! Looking forward to getting to know everybody.

LL x
Old Dec 19th 2010, 8:19 pm
BE Enthusiast

NessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond reputeNessieOggy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Another newbie, going to Canada

Hi Lady Lazurus & welcome to BE!

The Canada forums have a helpful bunch from the Vancouver area. Be sure to check out the Immigration section, as it's filled with all sorts of up-to-date info. Most of us have been through the "head swimming" immigration process in some form or another... you'll find lots of people who can relate!
Old Dec 19th 2010, 11:51 pm

dreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond reputedreadsoc has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Lady Lazarus

Welcome to BE from me too.
I echo the suggestion of introducing yourself onto our Canada forum. You will find lots of folks on there only too willing to help with advice and tips to help make your move a smooth one. Have a read of the immigration forum on there too as that will be of great help, and don't be afraid to post any questions you have.
They are a friendly bunch on that forum so I am sure you will be made welcome and find your feet very soon.
Good luck with your move

Dread - x
Old Dec 19th 2010, 11:56 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lady Lazarus
Hello everyone,
Well, I found out last week that my partner has a job in Vancouver beginning tin July 2012, so I find myself here as we prepare to go! Hoping to find lots of advice and experiencr, as at the moment my head is swimming and I have no idea what to expect or even what I'm going to do! Looking forward to getting to know everybody.

LL x
Hello LL...it's very nice to meet you. Welcome to BE.

We have quite a few members living in the Vancouver area...I'm sure they'll be pleased to help you with any questions you may have about the area or Canada in general.

If you have any problems finding your way around the many BE forums AmyDavid and The Aviator are concierges for the Canada forums...they will be pleased to help you find your way around.

For any other problems please contact a moderator. The mods for the Canada forums are Iaink and Christmasoompa...although any mod or admin will be pleased to help you.

Please give me a shout if you need any help.