Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

!!USA TOUR!!

!!USA TOUR!!

Old Apr 29th 2009, 11:47 pm
BE Enthusiast

henryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond reputehenryh has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: !!USA TOUR!!

If you really do want to tour all 48, and if you have the time to spare, this sounds like a very legitimate reason for the Embassy to issue you a 6-month B2 visa.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 12:43 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by henryh
If you really do want to tour all 48, and if you have the time to spare, this sounds like a very legitimate reason for the Embassy to issue you a 6-month B2 visa.
No it's not...might have a chance if your older or well loaded but a desire to go touring isn't enough reason for them to give you one...
Old Apr 30th 2009, 5:19 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Kar98
For what it's worth - I did the Phoenix - Tucson - Deming, NM - Albuquerque - Santa Fe route earlier this week. The scenery is 100% better on the northern route between Albuquerque - Flagstaff - Sedona - Phoenix etc. when crossing from Arizona to New Mexico. The southern route was a bit deadly.

I also agree 100% that you should take some time to enjoy the areas you see rather than just trying to breeze through the whole country. I think you'd be glad you did ... otherwise it sounds like a very long and frustrating trip.
Old Apr 30th 2009, 5:32 am
Ginger Monkey

Gingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond reputeGingerert has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Al.

I drive an 18 wheeler for a living, and have been all over the country.

If I were you, I'd stay west of the Mississippi. As far as I am concerned, driving in the majority of the East of the USA you may as well drive around Shropshire.......

take in a few cities, but don't make the cities the focus of your drives.

I'd spend a lot of time in Cali, Montana, Utah, Oregon, Nevada, Arizona, Colorado.........
mainly just because the scenery is so far removed from what you'd be used to in the UK.
What, you mean Wisconsin isn't an exciting place to visit? I'm shocked.

SHOCKED!
Old May 1st 2009, 2:39 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Kaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond reputeKaffy Mintcake has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by gingerert
What, you mean Wisconsin isn't an exciting place to visit? I'm shocked.

SHOCKED!
Actually - I would argue that it is! Beautiful lakes, Frank Lloyd Wright buildings, some beautiful scenery, cheese curds, and cute little accents.

While I love the Western US as well, you'd really miss a lot if you cut everything east of the Mississippi out of the Union.
Old May 1st 2009, 2:42 pm
BE Enthusiast

Kar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud ofKar98 has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Kaffy Mintcake
Actually - I would argue that it is! Beautiful lakes, Frank Lloyd Wright buildings, some beautiful scenery, cheese curds, and cute little accents.

While I love the Western US as well, you'd really miss a lot if you cut everything east of the Mississippi out of the Union.
You could cut out everything east of the Mississippi and north of the Mason-Dixon line, and still not see everything
Old May 1st 2009, 2:50 pm
Boomshacalaca!!

Tarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond reputeTarkak9 has a reputation beyond repute

Is Widespread or Phish touring?
just become a groupie....... far easier and your route is pretty much decided for you. Besides, just chip in for petrol.. save your dosh.
Old May 2nd 2009, 10:05 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by henryh
That'll be the day ...
Old May 4th 2009, 4:35 am
Illinois Rapscallion

Circus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond reputeCircus-of-Power has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Manc
Al.

I drive an 18 wheeler for a living, and have been all over the country.
What a pity your from Wythenshawe and not Chorlton...then you could have been with Chorlton and the Wheelies

Sorry 9 hours on the piss took its toll ...I'll just go to a corner and fall over
Old May 5th 2009, 7:20 pm
Just Joined

bigal24 will become famous soon enough

Thank you for all your advice so far - I like the idea of doing say a specific area and not doing all of them!! I was thinking of say doing from the west of the Mississippi all those states and then east of the Mississippi maybe next year to see the rest of the states. I am thinking of avoiding some of the main highways to see the local-ish areas? I was thinking of taking photos and writing about each area of the state I visit - maybe do my own book!! Something to tell the grandkids about my trip!!
Thank you all once again!!