Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

US Education

US Education

Old May 2nd 2016, 5:13 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

christmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond reputechristmasoompa has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: US Education

Originally Posted by LondonSquirrel
Well maybe I am wrong, you probably know more than me. If it is 5 years, that is a big difference between the 8 years in the US.
Just checked, and it seems that 5 years is the norm in the UK - http://university.which.co.uk/subjec...nary-medicine\

HTH.
Old May 2nd 2016, 5:17 pm
Return of bouncing girl!

Wintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond reputeWintersong has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by christmasoompa
Just checked, and it seems that 5 years is the norm in the UK - http://university.which.co.uk/subjec...nary-medicine\

HTH.
It definitely used to be 7 years, and was only offered at 5 universities. It was something I was looking at doing, back when I was studying for A-Levels. Wonder what changed!
Old May 5th 2016, 5:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

newadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond reputenewadventure has a reputation beyond repute

I may have come late to the party and missed it in the thread reply but the only other thing to add is whether you look at the International Baccalaureate as an option for your daughter. It depends on whether the public school system takes this program near where you are going but this is the most interchangeable course with Europe and the U.K