Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Passport Renewal in US

UK Passport Renewal in US

Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:31 pm
Sue
BE Co-Founder

Sue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond reputeSue has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport Renewal in US

Just a reminder this thread originated on usenet so please keep it on topic.

Ta
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:32 pm
BE Enthusiast

miss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to behold

Originally Posted by frrussre
I left my passport lying around and my dog decided to eat it!.
I thought that excuse was only good for homework?
Reg. Frank R.[/quote]

It was never a good excuse for homework either!...........
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:33 pm
Former Floridian

katesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond reputekatesbackagain has a reputation beyond repute

I had a great experience with getting my new UK passport. Granted, it was quite a while ago, and it was just for a name change after marriage, but I got it within a couple of weeks, and my old one (with the corner cut off) was with it.

I got my pics done at Walgreens. Bloody expensive (2 for $7.95) but it was the only place I knew of at the time.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
now heres a thought.. Cant we renew the passports in England if were over there the same year the passports are expiring? Just thinking the kids are going over next year and their passports expire the end of the year, could i not send the passports off and the renewal application? they are going to be there for just over a month... or even go down and get them done there and then? I am sure its cheaper than the 265$
Officially NO. You must apply for the Passport/renewal in the country you are now resident. Though I have heard of people, getting them in UK, whilst on 2 or 3 month trips.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miss scouse atl
I thought that excuse was only good for homework?
Reg. Frank R.
It was never a good excuse for homework either!...........[/QUOTE]

Especially as I did not have a dog.
Reg.
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 4:36 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Deedee13
now heres a thought.. Cant we renew the passports in England if were over there the same year the passports are expiring? Just thinking the kids are going over next year and their passports expire the end of the year, could i not send the passports off and the renewal application? they are going to be there for just over a month... or even go down and get them done there and then? I am sure its cheaper than the 265$
We have had this conversation before...I thought you had to renew your UK PP in the country you are residing in...Bob disagrees with me. So take your pick.

Last edited by Jerseygirl; Jul 3rd 2007 at 4:39 pm.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:15 pm
JAJ
Retired

JAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond reputeJAJ has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Jerseygirl
We have had this conversation before...I thought you had to renew your UK PP in the country you are residing in...Bob disagrees with me. So take your pick.
http://www.passport.gov.uk/passport_index.asp

"Alternatively, you may apply in person for a passport whilst visiting the UK. In order to do this, you need to make an appointment at a passport office and you must provide an address in the UK to which the passport may be posted. Please note that we do not accept applications by post or e-mail if you live abroad."
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:31 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Jerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond reputeJerseygirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by JAJ

"Alternatively, you may apply in person for a passport whilst visiting the UK. In order to do this, you need to make an appointment at a passport office and you must provide an address in the UK to which the passport may be posted. Please note that we do not accept applications by post or e-mail if you live abroad."
Thanks for clearing that up.
Old Jul 4th 2007, 10:38 pm
BE Forum Addict

Originally Posted by JAJ

Good one. Well done.
Reg. Frank R.
Old Jul 5th 2007, 8:30 pm
Forum Regular

unicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by footiemum
I just went on the site (ta very much for the link) to renew my passport, as I'm going home in August!
I can't believe it is $265!!! Was it always that dear?
That's the most expensive bag of chips and gravy I'll ever savour.... ummm...can't wait!
I changed the name on mine in 2003 and it cost $86.25 with postage.
The fee then for a renew,32 page with postage was $101.80. How can it have gone up so much in 4 years.Thats mad price.
Old Jul 6th 2007, 12:56 am
Forum Regular

Hove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to all

Originally Posted by unicorndreams
I changed the name on mine in 2003 and it cost $86.25 with postage.
The fee then for a renew,32 page with postage was $101.80. How can it have gone up so much in 4 years.Thats mad price.
Probably has gold inlay pages
Old Jul 9th 2007, 3:54 pm
Just Joined

mcbarker is an unknown quantity at this point

I just discovered that my 10 year passport has expired (3 years ago), and I need to renew. After downloading the C1 form, I noticed that I may need another form if my passport has already expired. I contacted the the UK Embassy through their online email system, and they tell me that they don't answer passport questions, and that I need to call the 900 number, which has a charge of over $2 per minute. Can you say ripoff? Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here has gone through the same thing, and can tell me if I actually do need a different, or an additional form to renew my current passport? Any help would be appreciated.
Old Jul 9th 2007, 4:51 pm
Forum Regular

unicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Hove
Probably has gold inlay pages
Must be. I looked up US ones and they are only $67 . Thats cheap for a change.Wish our UK one's were.
Old Jul 16th 2007, 6:49 pm
Senior Moment

Sarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond reputeSarah has a reputation beyond repute

Does anyone know if the current backlog in processing US citizen passport applications, affects processing times for the renewing of UK-in-US passports?
Old Jul 16th 2007, 8:10 pm
SUPER MODERATOR

Originally Posted by Sarah
Does anyone know if the current backlog in processing US citizen passport applications, affects processing times for the renewing of UK-in-US passports?
They aren't connected in any way Sarah...you apply to the UK Embassy in DC to renew your UK PP. So it will not affect UK PP's.

PS Going anywhere nice?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.