Old Jun 29th 2007, 11:28 pm
-Motorman

Default UK Passport Renewal in US

I am a UK Citizen living in the US (Nevada) as a permanent resident. My UK
Passport expires in December 2007. I think the closest place to renew it is
in Los Angeles. My question is,do I actually have to go there to get my new
passport,or can I do it by mail? If so,which site do I have to go on or who
do I have to call. I think that US citizens can do it at the post
office,but I have the feeling I won't be so lucky !

thanks

Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:00 am
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport Renewal in US

Originally Posted by -Motorman

thanks
<<<sigh>>>>

I typed 'renew British passport US' into Google........... and this is what I got:

http://www.britainusa.com/sections/i...sp?i=10080&d=1

Easy-peasy!!
Old Jun 30th 2007, 12:05 am
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute

thanks
Only Embassy in USA is Washington.
Completed applications should be sent, or brought in, to the Passport Office at the address below:

Passport Office
British Embassy
19 Observatory Circle, NW
Washington, DC 20008

http://www.britainusa.com/sections/a...=41001&a=25302

Reg. Frank R.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 1:44 pm
Just Joined

footiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to all
Thumbs up Re: UK Passport Renewal in US

I just went on the site (ta very much for the link) to renew my passport, as I'm going home in August!
I can't believe it is $265!!! Was it always that dear?
That's the most expensive bag of chips and gravy I'll ever savour.... ummm...can't wait!
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 1:50 pm
Forum Regular

Hove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to all

thanks
I am just doing mine I downloaded the forms from the Computer,I understand that you must have 6 months left on it when you tavel to the UK ???Is that true
cost$250 wow.10 years ago iPaid $40.Do I blame that on Bush also?
Lynne in Idaho
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 3:04 pm
Just Joined

footiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to allfootiemum is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Hove
I understand that you must have 6 months left on it when you tavel to the UK ???Is that true

Cor Blimey! I hope not. My passport expired June 2007 - I'm posting everything today, as I'd hate to miss my trip home.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 5:06 pm
Forum Regular

Hove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to allHove is a name known to all

Originally Posted by footiemum
Cor Blimey! I hope not. My passport expired June 2007 - I'm posting everything today, as I'd hate to miss my trip home.
Just going to mail mine as soon as I get off here.
PS dont forget your photos.
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:03 pm
Just Joined

What a miserable, flippin dinner break - stood in the DMV for 40 minutes, to walk out no better off than when I walked in; went to the bank for my passport money order, which was another $4 (on top of the $265) and 20 minutes qued up; went to CVS for passpot photos and waited 15 minutes.... phew...glad it is over. I just overnighted my application *just* to be on the safe side with July 4 holiday coming up. Hope your experience is more pleasurable
Tired in Myrtle Beach
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:25 pm
J. J. Farrell

On Jul 2, 6:50 am, Hove <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I am a UK Citizen living in the US (Nevada) as a permanent resident.
> > My UK
> > Passport expires in December 2007. I think the closest place to renew
> > it is
> > in Los Angeles. My question is,do I actually have to go there to get
> > my new
> > passport,or can I do it by mail? If so,which site do I have to go on
> > or who
> > do I have to call. I think that US citizens can do it at the post
> > office,but I have the feeling I won't be so lucky !
>
> I am just doing mine I downloaded the forms from the Computer,I
> understand that you must have 6 months left on it when you tavel to the
> UK ???Is that true

No; what would be the point of that?

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 6:29 pm
J. J. Farrell

On Jul 2, 6:50 am, Hove <[email protected]> wrote:
> > I am a UK Citizen living in the US (Nevada) as a permanent resident.
> > My UK
> > Passport expires in December 2007. I think the closest place to renew
> > it is
> > in Los Angeles. My question is,do I actually have to go there to get
> > my new
> > passport,or can I do it by mail? If so,which site do I have to go on
> > or who
> > do I have to call. I think that US citizens can do it at the post
> > office,but I have the feeling I won't be so lucky !
>
> I am just doing mine I downloaded the forms from the Computer,I
> understand that you must have 6 months left on it when you tavel to the
> UK ???Is that true

No; what would be the point of that?

Old Jul 2nd 2007, 11:18 pm
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by footiemum
I just went on the site (ta very much for the link) to renew my passport, as I'm going home in August!
I can't believe it is $265!!! Was it always that dear?
That's the most expensive bag of chips and gravy I'll ever savour.... ummm...can't wait!
I just had to renew my children's passports (4 of them and the eldest is 19), $760, almost had a heart attack
Old Jul 2nd 2007, 11:34 pm
BE Forum Addict

frrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond reputefrrussre has a reputation beyond repute
Angry Re: UK Passport Renewal in US

Originally Posted by snorkmaiden
I just had to renew my children's passports (4 of them and the eldest is 19), $760, almost had a heart attack
Wow! Think I'd need a stiff drink. My dear old mother would say "If you have had a shock, have a nice cup of hot strong tea", think you need one right now.
Reg. Frank R.:curse:
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 1:34 am
BE Forum Addict

snorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond reputesnorkmaiden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by frrussre
Wow! Think I'd need a stiff drink. My dear old mother would say "If you have had a shock, have a nice cup of hot strong tea", think you need one right now.
Reg. Frank R.:curse:

Oh yes, several, still, we overnighted the forms on the 19th and we had them back on the 29th. They even had a delay because a photo was missing and we had to overnight another one so I can't complain too much
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 3:36 pm
BE Enthusiast

miss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to beholdmiss scouse atl is a splendid one to behold

Speaking of passport photos.......do they have to be the size we use back home?. If so, anyone know what place is best to get them done?

Cheers!
Old Jul 3rd 2007, 3:41 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

britvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond reputebritvic has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by miss scouse atl
Speaking of passport photos.......do they have to be the size we use back home?. If so, anyone know what place is best to get them done?

Cheers!
No they dont, I used WalMarts passport photo's, two for $7.95. I did end up looking a lot more tanned than I really am though

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.