Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA
Reload this Page >

UK Passport photos

UK Passport photos

Old Apr 30th 2019, 2:12 pm
Just Joined

lastchance is an unknown quantity at this point
Default UK Passport photos

So, where can I get a UK sized passport photo?
UPS don't do them. I called a Walgreens and they say they don't do them but just a standard 2x2" size.

Thoughts? I am in desperate need to have a UK passport photo for an ACPO request/certificate.
Old Apr 30th 2019, 2:16 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: UK Passport photos

Some Walgreen's do, some don't.

I took a US size picture and trimmed the edges off it without any issue, comeback, criticism, or delay. Yeah, I know it says you mustn't do that, but how would the UK Passport office know?

Others have reported just sending US passport size photos also without any issue, comeback, criticism, or delay.

You can take your own photo, at home using your own camera or phone, and you make the image whatever size it needs to be. That didn't used to be acceptable, but apparently it is now.

Honestly, do whatever you're comfortable with, as there appear to be multiple viable ways to skin that particular cat.

Last edited by Pulaski; Apr 30th 2019 at 2:20 pm.
Old Apr 30th 2019, 2:17 pm
Just Joined

Thank you.
yeah I just don't want the ACPO agency to reject my request for a police certificate as time is of the essence
Old Apr 30th 2019, 2:21 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lastchance
Thank you.
yeah I just don't want the ACPO agency to reject my request for a police certificate as time is of the essence
They won't, so long as the image is clear, not obviously altered, and meets the size criteria for the face image.

BTW I added more to my post #2, above.
Old Apr 30th 2019, 2:42 pm
Just Joined

Thank you.
another kicker is the passport photo may need to be attested to, so makes me wonder If they need a real passport photo instead of a digital cut one....
Old Apr 30th 2019, 2:48 pm

Thank you.
another kicker is the passport photo may need to be attested to, so makes me wonder If they need a real passport photo instead of a digital cut one....
You can print a digital photo - many service locations will do so for you, including most pharmacies and Walmart. You can upload the image and then go the store to collect them, so about the same process as ordering pizza for collection.
Old Apr 30th 2019, 3:46 pm
BE Forum Addict

MidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond reputeMidAtlantic has a reputation beyond repute

So, where can I get a UK sized passport photo?
UPS don't do them. I called a Walgreens and they say they don't do them but just a standard 2x2" size.

Thoughts? I am in desperate need to have a UK passport photo for an ACPO request/certificate.
I wouldn't rely on calling them. Many of the operators don't realize they can do them. Some CVS do it also.
Old Apr 30th 2019, 4:56 pm
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

There are soooo many threads on this topic.

For a UK passport, most pharmacies with a photobooth will have the option to do a UK pic, but you might have to ask someone who knows how to configure the machine. Really isn't worth the hassle, as long as the pic otherwise meets the other requirements, it'll be fine as it'll be sized by the passport folks.

Can do your own and get it printed where ever, Walmart, Target. There are sites on line that'll line the pics up with guides so you get the pic to meet whatever country guideline you need. The first one that pops on on Google, is the one usually suggested, but there are loads of them.
Old May 3rd 2019, 7:03 pm
BE Forum Addict

Ash UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond reputeAsh UK/US has a reputation beyond repute

You can now apply for a passport online an upload a digital image that they resize and crop for you.
Old May 3rd 2019, 7:06 pm
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Took mine on my phone against a whiteboard. Was a bit worried about shadows but they accepted it anyway.
Old May 5th 2019, 12:42 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

just take ANY standard US passport photos and send them in. They use the same facial dimension checks as the uk ones and just have more background on them. The UK passport agency will trim them to the size they want. The website used to say this. Ive done it probably 10 times over the years for new and renewed passports for me and my kids with no issue. (even uploading my us sized passport photo in the online process last year)